NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

F.Chowds

Yeah, no, really. Just one reason. Come on.

WTF are you looking for dude? lol I dont know Peyton Manning, I dont know the Mannings. I think he'd enjoy playing in NYC with a SB ready team across town from his brother. Make it nice and easy on the family and what not...not to mention all the sh*t they could do from a marketing perspective.

Can you give me a reason that he'd want to go to San Fran over the Jets?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pulled pork sliders with blue cheese slaw and Kelso of Brooklyn vs. Camembert and '05 Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

05 is a little old for a Chard. I wouldnt drink anything before 07. But KJ is the quintessential Cali Chard. Might be a tough call if Manning like oak flavored buttery Chards.

Didnt think about this. Tom cant use this to give me a reason why Peyton would want SanFran over NYC.

05 is a little old for a Chard. I wouldnt drink anything before 07. But KJ is the quintessential Cali Chard. Might be a tough call if Manning like oak flavored buttery Chards.

Didnt think about this. Tom cant use this to give me a reason why Peyton would want SanFran over NYC.

I was trying to insinuate that the fans in SF are a bunch of femmes - a point which you just drove home beautifully. Thank you.

Bob Wischusen@wischusen_espn6m

My thoughts on @Mark_Sanchez.."unnamed players" can take issue with his performance, inconsistency, game management etc...BUT...

Questioning his work ethic or toughness flies in the face of everything I've been told about him on and off the record..he wants to be good

& just so I've got it straight,when they went to 2 Champ games #Sanchez's role was overblown, but this year's implosion is mostly his fault?

Lol that he actually thinks that last part is a contradiction..... so dumb

I'm listening now to Manish's segment on PFT Live... Here are the highlights:

- Says he spoke to people in the organization from top to bottom, and the sentiment is of "more than a few isolated players".

- Personally believes that Sanchez was successful in the playoffs and you can't take that away from him. However, many in the organization believe he gets too much credit for that, and the run game and defense carried Sanchez and the team.

- He differentiates and clarifies the hardwork comments, saying that people have told him Sanchez is a hard worker in meetings and stays late, however, because he has no competition, they feel he has become complacent on the practice field. Says he heard it from "a lot of different people".

- Says players have been resentful for how the team shelters Sanchez. Adds that from a media standpoint, this is 100% true. Also adds that players are growing resentful of Ryan because of this.

- Conversation moves to how the Jets handled the Schotty "firing". Nothing groundbreaking.

- Talks about Jets having leaders by example (Revis, Mangold, Harris) but no outspoken leaders. Offers LT but doesn't believe he'll be back. Says that the best teams in the league have their QBs as the leader and Jets are missing that. People he's spoken to don't have that level of respect for Sanchez right now.

- Says everyone would love to have a name to attach to his quotes, but people are more willing to say things honestly with anonymity. Reiterates that these are "key people from top to bottom" who are saying these things. Says content is more important than who's saying it.

- Says that it's not unanimous and cites mangold. Also says there are others who believe he can grow into a leader and an elite QB, but says there is a "real division and real faction of people who don't feel that". Adds, "if you turn your back to that, and don't think it's the case, you're fooling yourself".

- Florio pushes for Mehta to say the fact that people are talking is the problem. Mehta disagrees, saying that this is the culture that Ryan has fostered, and it's been going on since he's been here. Essentially making the 'it wasn't a problem when they were winning' argument.

- After ending the call, Florio defends Mehta saying there's no chance in the NY Market that he would put something out that wasn't credible and that this story is great reporting.

I'm listening now to Manish's segment on PFT Live... Here are the highlights:

- Says he spoke to people in the organization from top to bottom, and the sentiment is of "more than a few isolated players".

- Personally believes that Sanchez was successful in the playoffs and you can't take that away from him. However, many in the organization believe he gets too much credit for that, and the run game and defense carried Sanchez and the team.

- He differentiates and clarifies the hardwork comments, saying that people have told him Sanchez is a hard worker in meetings and stays late, however, because he has no competition, they feel he has become complacent on the practice field. Says he heard it from "a lot of different people".

- Says players have been resentful for how the team shelters Sanchez. Adds that from a media standpoint, this is 100% true. Also adds that players are growing resentful of Ryan because of this.

- Conversation moves to how the Jets handled the Schotty "firing". Nothing groundbreaking.

- Talks about Jets having leaders by example (Revis, Mangold, Harris) but no outspoken leaders. Offers LT but doesn't believe he'll be back. Says that the best teams in the league have their QBs as the leader and Jets are missing that. People he's spoken to don't have that level of respect for Sanchez right now.

- Says everyone would love to have a name to attach to his quotes, but people are more willing to say things honestly with anonymity. Reiterates that these are "key people from top to bottom" who are saying these things. Says content is more important than who's saying it.

- Says that it's not unanimous and cites mangold. Also says there are others who believe he can grow into a leader and an elite QB, but says there is a "real division and real faction of people who don't feel that". Adds, "if you turn your back to that, and don't think it's the case, you're fooling yourself".

- Florio pushes for Mehta to say the fact that people are talking is the problem. Mehta disagrees, saying that this is the culture that Ryan has fostered, and it's been going on since he's been here. Essentially making the 'it wasn't a problem when they were winning' argument.

- After ending the call, Florio defends Mehta saying there's no chance in the NY Market that he would put something out that wasn't credible and that this story is great reporting.

I don't believe you.

I was told "other than fumbles", Sanchez was better than last year. That's what I responded to.

Very easy win.

Yes, Sanchez had more yards, more TDs, better completion percentage, higher rating more completions, more rushing TDs. That is what I meant by better year.

Hmmm. Weird. Never heard any of this before...

Yes, Sanchez had more yards, more TDs, better completion percentage, higher rating more completions, more rushing TDs. That is what I meant by better year.

So, you're going to make the argument that completing 1.9% more passes is an improvement worth talking about. That means, next year, if he's still under 60%, you can call it an improvement too?

Also, 11 more yards passing per game or 183 on the season, when throwing more than last year also constitutes improvement?

That's pretty much identical.

So, you're going to make the argument that completing 1.9% more passes is an improvement worth talking about. That means, next year, if he's still under 60%, you can call it an improvement too?

Also, 11 more yards passing per game or 183 on the season, when throwing more than last year also constitutes improvement?

I didn't say it was monumental but it still improvement. This was done by him taking more than 50 hits than last year (hits, knock downs and sacks)

You read that wrong. Mehta said it was Mangold who disagreed with him and defended Sanchez

I don't think Mangold is disagreeing with Mehta that people are fed up with Sanchez, and that's definitely not what Mehta was implying. He was saying that Mangold, along with others he has talked to, have stated that they still believe in Sanchez.

fwiw...his yards per attempt has gone down each year...6.7 in 09, 6.5 in 10, and 6.4 in 11...alarming trend.

It's really not in the world of statistics.

Ok, so then he should be gone. Manning will fix everything including the O-line, the fact that receivers couldn't get separation and our defense couln't stop any one at crunch time.

I now want Manning. He is more of a miracle worker than Tebow. Although Tebow walks on water.

fwiw...his yards per attempt has gone down each year...6.7 in 09, 6.5 in 10, and 6.4 in 11...alarming trend.

Which is in line with them babying him and basically hiding him. Something you can really see, especially in how the 2nd half of this season was strategized.

6.5 to 6.4 isn't really that relevant, but the overall .3 drop probably matters.

Ok, so then he should be gone. Manning will fix everything including the O-line, the fact that receivers couldn't get separation and our defense couln't stop any one at crunch time.

I now want Manning. He is more of a miracle worker than Tebow. Although Tebow walks on water.

Sarcastic as you may be, this post is actually closer to reality than a belief than most positive commentary you could make about Sanchez.

Evidence being the 1 season shift from perrenial powerhouse team to #1 overall pick with just the loss of Manning.

I didn't say it was monumental but it still improvement. This was done by him taking more than 50 hits than last year (hits, knock downs and sacks)

His YPA went down, that negates every other stat as it's the best "basic" stat to measure qb's by

Which is in line with them babying him and basically hiding him. Something you can really see, especially in how the 2nd half of this season was strategized.

6.5 to 6.4 isn't really that relevant, but the overall .3 drop probably matters.

T.J. Yates finished the year over 7.0 YPA...offensive design or the player?

I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out...but this past year, was brutal.

Archived