Peyton Manning hoping to remain with Colts, his father Archie says

SoFlaJets

Peyton Manning is set on continuing his career in Indianapolis with the Colts, his father Archie told the New York Post.

Manning missed the entire 2011 season as he recovered from neck surgery. Without their quarterback, the Colts plummeted to the worst record in the NFL. As a result, the team secured the top pick in the upcoming NFL Draft, and speculation abounds it will select Andrew Luck, the Stanford quarterback considered an elite prospect.

Manning has been mentioned in at least one report as a potential solution for the Jets' quarterback difficulties, though there has been no indication from the Colts they are willing to part with the 36-year-old quarterback.

Archie Manning, when asked if he would like to see Peyton play for the Jets, said, "I’m not going to get into that."

The Jets need to offer the Colts their next 2 first round draft picks if it's at all possible to get Manning. I mean think about it, would YOU right now trade Kyle Wilson and Mo Wilkerson our last 2 1st rounders for Peyton Manning? Yea me too...Tannenbaum is not the greatest draft guru we've seen...

The Jets need to offer the Colts their next 2 first round draft picks if it's at all possible to get Manning. I mean think about it, would YOU right now trade Kyle Wilson and Mo Wilkerson our last 2 1st rounders for Peyton Manning? Yea me too...Tannenbaum is not the greatest draft guru we've seen...

Trading draft picks is what got this team so thin and without viable back-ups (and starters in some instances) on this team.

Pass.

Trading draft picks is what got this team so thin and without viable back-ups (and starters in some instances) on this team.

Pass.

trading away draft picks on players who don't make a difference is what really has hurt us. Now I'd rather see Tannenbaum waste away an off season trying to get a REAL impact player like Peyton Manning than watching him drive all over creation chasing down another cornerback-like he's had to do the past 2 summers.

I do not disagree with the thought process and would throw in Sanchez as well. Why keep him?

The question is what is your cap situation? The Colts have a small window to avoid paying 2x28 million bonuses coming up. He signed a 90 million extension most of the bonuses are coming up. 28 million coming up very soon.

trading away draft picks on players who don't make a difference is what really has hurt us. Now I'd rather see Tannenbaum waste away an off season trying to get a REAL impact player like Peyton Manning than watching him drive all over creation chasing down another cornerback-like he's had to do the past 2 summers.

Peyton Manning is damaged goods and no one knows right now how effective he'll be when (and if) he actually plays again. Jets got away from building through the draft. They need to get back there. This goes against that.

I do not disagree with the thought process and would throw in Sanchez as well. Why keep him?

The question is what is your cap situation? The Colts have a small window to avoid paying 2x28 million bonuses coming up. He signed a 90 million extension most of the bonuses are coming up. 28 million coming up very soon.

Jason is the guy who knows how all the cap stuff would have to work-I'm speaking solely as a Jets fan...and AS a Jets fan I can see us remaining right where we are up until Brady retires 8 years from now unless we do something drastic LIKE getting a Peyton Manning. Again, the game has changed to one where it's all about offenses and scoring TD's-not about defenses holding teams to FGs like it used to be-the rules have changed to protect and encourage the QB and high scoring...as far as what happens to Sanchez-who knows, who cares really-they could throw him in on a deal as far as most of us Jets fans care

Not really. We haven't made any significant trade-ups in the last two drafts. We've just pretty much sucked at drafting is the difference.

and what is the trend we seem to have fallen into of drafting players from small schools who end up looking and playing like football players from small schools

Peyton Manning is set on continuing his career in Indianapolis with the Colts, his father Archie told the New York Post.

Manning missed the entire 2011 season as he recovered from neck surgery. Without their quarterback, the Colts plummeted to the worst record in the NFL. As a result, the team secured the top pick in the upcoming NFL Draft, and speculation abounds it will select Andrew Luck, the Stanford quarterback considered an elite prospect.

Manning has been mentioned in at least one report as a potential solution for the Jets' quarterback difficulties, though there has been no indication from the Colts they are willing to part with the 36-year-old quarterback.

Archie Manning, when asked if he would like to see Peyton play for the Jets, said, "I’m not going to get into that."

I wonder if he wipes his nose as well?

and what is the trend we seem to have fallen into of drafting players from small schools who end up looking and playing like football players from small schools

Meh. I like Wilkerson and Wilson (if you count Boise State as "small school"). Jury is out on Kenrick Ellis. Ducasse is a severe bust. We have the same hit/miss ratio with big school guys.

Its not the philosophy that's the problem. Its that we draft bad players.

Meh. I like Wilkerson and Wilson (if you count Boise State as "small school"). Jury is out on Kenrick Ellis. Ducasse is a severe bust. We have the same hit/miss ratio with big school guys.

Its not the philosophy that's the problem. Its that we draft bad players.

Every team does. And Jets drafts havent been nearly as bad as this board makes them out to be.

Is there a reason why Archie still makes their decisions?

I think he likes to take on all issues concerning possible turmoil of his sons to make sure the Manning name, and Manning's legacys are not dragged through the mud. This seems very important to him, and his sons.

Peyton Manning is damaged goods and no one knows right now how effective he'll be when (and if) he actually plays again. Jets got away from building through the draft. They need to get back there. This goes against that.

This will be the first year since 08 that the Jets will have there full allotment of draft picks barring a trade, plus maybe even a few supplemental picks for FA's lost, I would like to see what they can do with them. This draft will define this regime, pertaining to talent evaluation via draft.

No. Not really. Every team misses, some more than others...even the consistent winners.

True, true JiF but when you are a team like New England who always has over 10 draft picks to play with you can afford to be at around 30% but when you're the Jets who every year have maybe 4-5-6 picks you can't be as inefficent as that-you HAVE to hit on at least 50%

True, true JiF but when you are a team like New England who always has over 10 draft picks to play with you can afford to be at around 30% but when you're the Jets who every year have maybe 4-5-6 picks you can't be as inefficent as that-you HAVE to hit on at least 50%

Honestly, as big of a draftnik as I am, I'm fine with trading picks if you get young value for it. Which the Jets have done.

Its not like we a trading away the 1st round picks. Its, 3rd, 4th, 5th round picks which are essentially a flip of the coin.

No. Not really. Every team misses, some more than others...even the consistent winners.

The main problem I've had with the Jets drafting, was how they handled the 2010 draft, it was widely considered the best and deepest draft talent wise, and they had only 2 picks in the first 4 rounds I believe, and took a project player in the 2nd round, and a CB in the 1st, when we had the best CB in the league on our roster, I don't give a sh*t about the holdout threat, and Cromartie also on the roster. I like Wilson to but it was a bad pick in terms of position need. If we used those 2 picks better we could be a much better team much better.

The main problem I've had with the Jets drafting, was how they handled the 2010 draft, it was widely considered the best and deepest draft talent wise, and they had only 2 picks in the first 4 rounds I believe, and took a project player in the 2nd round, and a CB in the 1st, when we had the best CB in the league on our roster, I don't give a sh*t about the holdout threat, and Cromartie also on the roster. I like Wilson to but it was a bad pick in terms of position need. If we used those 2 picks better we could be a much better team much better.

Was Cro already on the roster? Dont remember the time line to be honest. And I have no problem with it when you face the Pats twice a year in a league that is doing everything to favor the passing game...a solid nickle is necessary.

Besides, the guys I wanted, JPP and Oldrick were off the board. Also, look at the 20 so picks around that spot...not very good outside Rob Gronkowski. Its not like we missed anyone. Wilson was the BAP.

Immediately after we took Wilson and McKnight, the Pats take Gronkowski and Hernandez.

Immediately after we took Wilson and McKnight, the Pats take Gronkowski and Hernandez.

You can have the luxury of taking a couple TE's when you have 50 picks and a true franchise QB. We have neither of those luxuries. Gronk and Hernandez would have been almost worthless for us with Sanchez throwing the ball.

You can have the luxury of taking a couple TE's when you have 50 picks and a true franchise QB. We have neither of those luxuries. Gronk and Hernandez would have been almost worthless for us with Sanchez throwing the ball.

Gronkowski would be a beast here was well. And Hernandez is a better version of Keller.

Was Cro already on the roster? Dont remember the time line to be honest. And I have no problem with it when you face the Pats twice a year in a league that is doing everything to favor the passing game...a solid nickle is necessary.

Besides, the guys I wanted, JPP and Oldrick were off the board. Also, look at the 20 so picks around that spot...not very good outside Rob Gronkowski. Its not like we missed anyone. Wilson was the BAP.

Cro was on the roster, and if the Giants have showed if nothing else is you stop the elite passing offenses with pressure on the QB with as minimum rushers as possible. So Rex's CB logic is starting to look opposite of what u need to stop these offenses. With only 4 total draft picks in that draft you try and get out of that pick and aquire more picks, I don't know if anyone wanted to trade into that spot, but if they did you jump at it.

Pass.

Yes, but incomplete.

Trading draft picks, plus using the ones we've got poorly is what got us into this mess.

Not really.

Really.

Cro was on the roster, and if the Giants have showed if nothing else is you stop the elite passing offenses with pressure on the QB with as minimum rushers as possible. So Rex's CB logic is starting to look opposite of what u need to stop these offenses. With only 4 total draft picks in that draft you try and get out of that pick and aquire more picks, I don't know if anyone wanted to trade into that spot, but if they did you jump at it.

Agreed. But they did say they picked Kyle because they had him graded as a top end first round pick who slipped. I think they really thought he was the BAP. Apparently by a long shot.

OLB is our biggest need and thats what I'd be using it on with the 16th pick. I might even use it on the same position again in the 2nd or an ILB. Then start filling the holes, RT, S, G. We need speed at LB'er desperately.

Archived