Peyton Manning hoping to remain with Colts, his father Archie says

SoFlaJets

Peyton Manning is set on continuing his career in Indianapolis with the Colts, his father Archie told the New York Post.

Manning missed the entire 2011 season as he recovered from neck surgery. Without their quarterback, the Colts plummeted to the worst record in the NFL. As a result, the team secured the top pick in the upcoming NFL Draft, and speculation abounds it will select Andrew Luck, the Stanford quarterback considered an elite prospect.

Manning has been mentioned in at least one report as a potential solution for the Jets' quarterback difficulties, though there has been no indication from the Colts they are willing to part with the 36-year-old quarterback.

Archie Manning, when asked if he would like to see Peyton play for the Jets, said, "I’m not going to get into that."

Why does Peyton let his Dad make these statements?

Really.

Agreed. But they did say they picked Kyle because they had him graded as a top end first round pick who slipped. I think they really thought he was the BAP. Apparently by a long shot.

OLB is our biggest need and thats what I'd be using it on with the 16th pick. I might even use it on the same position again in the 2nd or an ILB. Then start filling the holes, RT, S, G. We need speed at LB'er desperately.

Agreed, our 2 most pressing needs IMO, is what you said with OLB, and speed/size combo at WR, both should be available in rounds 1 and 2, hope they don't screw it up, the worst part is can see the CB from N. Florida, or whatever small school he plays for, the one with all the off field issues being there, and Rex can't help himself and pick him.

Gronkoski would be a malcontent here and so would Hernandez. The Jets with Sanchez is a version of the kiddie pool for NFL receiving talent.

Based on what? They might not like it there, but neither of them were problems in college outside of Hernandez' 'alleged' chronic incident.

Why does Peyton let his Dad make these statements?

Mouthpiece.

What better way to put out information than through dad? If there was an uproar over dad's statment, plausible denialibility.

Essentially, Manning can't be traded so this talk of trading 2 1st rounders, a full draft, etc. for Manning is a waste of time.

He is either getting cut, retiring, or staying. The Colts can't afford to trade him because of the cap ramifications.

Archived