It must be hard...

THE ILK

WTF did we do as a fanbase to karmacally deserve this?

The fans did nothing. Rex took care of that. I'm talking about people in general who don't believe in karma.

Btw Rex is by far my favorite Jets HC all time, not even close and he will be even after he's fired in two season. I love(d) the bravado. He just took it too far with the predictions etc. Saying, we're not scared of anyone and we won't let anyone **** with us is NOT the same as saying we're the best team, be scared of us because nobody can **** with us. I'm paraphrasing the sh*t out of it but still, hopefully you get my point.

WTF did we do as a fanbase to karmacally deserve this?

Not sure. But something that I'm perplexed by and my family talks about this all the time...think we've talked about it too but why do people hates Jets fans so much? WTF have the Jets done to be hated so much? Even before Rex and his mouth which I can see people hating...but the team historically sucks. We're losers yet people hate us like we're winners. lol They really should respect us. We have a passionate fan base and we've never seen a winner.

The fans did nothing. Rex took care of that. I'm talking about people in general who don't believe in karma.

Btw Rex is by far my favorite Jets HC all time, not even close and he will be even after he's fired in two season. I love(d) the bravado. He just took it too far with the predictions etc. Saying, we're not scared of anyone and we won't let anyone **** with us is NOT the same as saying we're the best team, be scared of us because nobody can **** with us. I'm paraphrasing the sh*t out of it but still, hopefully you get my point.

I'm with ya now. I really dont believe in Karma and all that but I've heard enough of Rex Ryan's predictions. I dont mind the talk, the confidence but the predictions needs to stop. Its not helping anyone.

Bravado is one thing, lying to yourself, not paying attention to detail, not changing on the fly, and talking way to much is a prefect storm nightmare which was our 2011 Jets. If I look at our season, the FO screwed us because of the O-Line situation, and then forcing Sanchez to be a play like a mini-Brady-mini-Brees...Then came the in game adjustments on both sides of the ball (see Raiders, Bronco's, Giants losses to name just 3). We were 8-5 and still relevant, but because our team, IMHO, was NOT prepared to play, we ended up at 8-8.

Being NOT prepared to play means all the stuff that came out at the end of the season. In the end this is all on Rex. And he needs to learn and correct some things fast, but so does Tanny and Sanchez too

Not sure. But something that I'm perplexed by and my family talks about this all the time...think we've talked about it too but why do people hates Jets fans so much? WTF have the Jets done to be hated so much? Even before Rex and his mouth which I can see people hating...but the team historically sucks. We're losers yet people hate us like we're winners. lol They really should respect us. We have a passionate fan base and we've never seen a winner.

Yeah, I've never quite gotten it either. The universal Jets hatred started long before Rex became the coach. When the Pats finally got their sh*t together and started winning SBs after 40 years of futility, where did their fans flock to in order to act like obnoxious jerkoffs? It wasn't Finheaven, which in the early days of football message boards was huge, it wasn't a Bills site, even though the Bills dominated the AFC East in the 90s. No they came en masse to Jets sites to troll like the annoying douchenozzles they are.

What did we do, other than be blindly loyal to a similarly hapless football team, to deserve this?

I know now PR37 or PFIKSH will come in here and talk about the Pats whopping two SB appearances prior to 2001 as some kind of "proof" that the Pats weren't a joke but let's be real. Prior to 2001 we could at least say the Jets won a SB. All Pats fans had seen was their team suffer two historically humiliating SB defeats.

Haha it's only half serious, but ever since the Favre trade I guess I don't really rule anything out. In all honesty, with a little safety help (understatement) and an improved pass rush from our OLBs, I see our defense being considerably better than last year. You put Peyton on that team and I would have a hard time not feeling it's the team to beat in the AFC. Same case and probably an even better one could be made for the Ravens and Niners. However, with the way that Flacco played yesterday, I don't see the Ravens letting him go. He was one lazy-a$$ receiver away from a super bowl birth.

OK, if we are saying that somehow we land Peyton cause we know like you said, Flacco is Baltimore's guy, then I too think we would be the team to beat. We need a presence on defense that makes us physically scary. Our D is good, but not scary. We need a hitter, someone who gets in there and abolishes the QB or at least gives the QB's the nightmares of it happening.

And yeah, a safety is long overdue. We are a few pieces away from being a dominant force, but only one Peyton away from it as well.

I'm with ya now. I really dont believe in Karma and all that but I've heard enough of Rex Ryan's predictions. I dont mind the talk, the confidence but the predictions needs to stop. Its not helping anyone.

Its got to be Rex's mouth. Before people teased for being a Jet fan.. a fan of a losing franchise. But now they hate cause Rex's nonstop talk. These people seem to think that loving a franchise means that the words came out of our own mouths. Sad really. I just assume they are all Patriot fans.. aka inbred.

Archived