Ochocinco too stupid to get playing time

Joe Jets fan

I was dead wrong about him on the Pats. Thought he'd have a huge year.

didnt you learn anything from your team look at the dumb idiots we have running around ? Only problem is we didnt dumb it down either and we have no one smart in front of them. Its easy for BB not to dumb it down Ocho Cinco is really not needed on that team

First season on a different team ever. Complicated playbook. Truncated offseason. Emergence of two young stars at tight end. I doubt it has anything to do with his intellectual abilities and more about what was best for his team. And he has been very well behaved. Cut the guy a break. So many all-pros on a message board.

Just imagine if the Jets would have signed Ochostinko, and payed 4mill to Ellis for 14 tackles. The media would be in a Jets hate frenzy, but since It's the uber wise Bill Bellicheat it's like it never happened. Having a HOF Q.B covers many sins.

Well that and the fact they STILL where the #1 seed in the AFC and going to his umpteenth freaking Super Bowl in the last ten or so years.

First season on a different team ever. Complicated playbook. Truncated offseason. Emergence of two young stars at tight end. I doubt it has anything to do with his intellectual abilities and more about what was best for his team. And he has been very well behaved. Cut the guy a break. So many all-pros on a message board.

No, he says himself he does not play because he does not know the playbook. Only two reasons he does not know the playbook by now, he's lazy or stupid. I would think if he was lazy Bill would have cut him.

Did you read the artical?

I hated the Ocho signing from day one. I was right about him. Washed up. Although I beleive Hoodie will activate him because it WILL be his last game as a Patriot, I doubt he will see the field much. Honestly, I would not be completely surprised if he's a healthy scratch. He's been THAT much of a disappointment.

Anyway, by all accounts, he works really hard. He's just not where he's supposed to be....and in this offense, if you have a hard time getting, or knowing, where you are supposed to be, Brady will NOT trust you enough to throw it your way.

No, he says himself he does not play because he does not know the playbook. Only two reasons he does not know the playbook by now, he's lazy or stupid. I would think if he was lazy Bill would have cut him.

Did you read the artical?

I'm not sure what an artical is, but of course I read the article. Not sure that you can refute what I said at all. But solid effort.

Oh sorry I misspelled one word in like my last 50 posts.

Article states

"The answer is fairly simple. By Ochocinco’s own admission, he doesn’t know the offense well enough to play without thinking, particularly when New England goes to its hurry-up attack. Instead of simply reacting to situations, he’s going through the steps in his head and that makes him a step too slow."

CrazyCarl40 states

"I doubt it has anything to do with his intellectual abilities and more about what was best for his team."

Yea, that does not refute what you said, keep telling your self that.

Archived