Jets West in planning stages

JetNation

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With assholes for 'fans', I don't blame him.

Not you specifically, just with the way he gets dumped on by seemingly everyone right now.

the amount of money he is paid, he deserves to be dumped on

i have no problem with Mark Sanchez developing. I have a problem when the team pays 10% of their cap to a developing player.

the amount of money he is paid, he deserves to be dumped on

i have no problem with Mark Sanchez developing. I have a problem when the team pays 10% of their cap to a developing player.

This isn't Sanchez's fault thou, your problem should lye with Woody, Tanny, and Rex, they drafted him, and Mark actually took a very fair deal for his slotted draft position as a QB. This is how the NFL worked you take a risk on a QB, and he doesn't pan out you get set back 5 years, the Jets haven't had a losing season in the first 3 years with him, did Sanchez have anything to do with that? Not really, but he was still the QB, and did have a lot to do with some of their playoff success, you can't say that's why he will be good, but you can't dismiss it entirely either.

All this hatred, and venom being spewed toward the Sanchez, and anyone else on the Jets is a product of 40 years of losing, and being in the NY media market.

Drew Brees, and the Saints went to the NFC championship game in 2006, finished 7-9, in 07, and 8-8 in 08, you didn't hear fire this one cut this guy they just kept with the plan, and it paid off, this from a franchise who never won ANYTHING ever. The Giants win the SB in 07 while the whole city was calling for everyones head the previous season, then they have back to back poor years in 09, and 10, they dont panic, and ride the ship, and guess what back in the SB. We all just need to calm down you can't contend for the SB every year with the salary cap you have to continue with the plan and hope every once in awhile you get those teams together that can contend. The reason we overreact to everything is because we never seized those opportunities we always fall short, then we panic, and try and rebuild the whole thing.

The panicking, and rebuilding the whole thing every 3-4 years is why we never win sh*t IMO, look at the successful franchises over the years, Giants, Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers (before ownership change) modern day Patriots, Packers, they don't blow it up at the first sign of adversity, they plow ahead, and stay the course, continuity, and planning long term is what will work now, you need to understand there will be bad seasons every once in awhile it happens. We all just need to calm down, and let this team have some long term continuity from top to bottom, and then when we finally do this we just might have something to smile about for once.

Yes I know all those teams listed above have been blessed with great QB's over their history, but they are not great by themselves, it's the whole organization that helps make them great, and gives them the proper environment, and opportunity to succeed.

I guess I'm just saying give Rex, and Tanny, and Woody, and Mark a chance to grow without blowing it up over 1 or 2 bumps in the road. Are any of them perfect HELL NO, but I like the make up of the organization, from owner to coach, let's give them 10 years to see if we can build a successful FRANCHISE instead of a good team every 10 years.

question, gloom and doom

was Alex Smith "broken and unfixable" last offseason??? After all he was the number one pick in the draft and had been a piece of crap for five or six seasons.... Then the Niners brought in a new offensive plan with Harbaugh and

poof, magic -- AN ALL PRO

Finally some sanity

...and yet the Niners would dump him in a heartbeat for Peyton too. LOL

Broadway Joe Willie Namath here's Joe's stats....is this what you want?

Namath retired after playing in 140 games: 62 wins, 63 losses and 4 ties. In his career he threw 173 touchdowns, 220 interceptions, and completed 1,886 passes for 27,663 yards.[2] During his thirteen years in the AFL and NFL he played for two division champions (the 1968 and 1969 AFL East Champion Jets, earned one league championship (1968 AFL Championship), and one "world championship" (Super Bowl III).

Mark Sanchez does not have Joe’s arm BUT he has won more playoff games (4) than Joe, or for that matter any Jet QB. Joe was NOT THAT GREAT his first three years! 37 TD's - 70 INT's - 1302 Att's - 654 Comp's - 50%

Comon' Man GIVE MARK a pass, at least for this year..look what the kid has accomplished over his first three years! Back in 1965, 66 and 67 we gave Joe a pass even after the first 5 games in 1968 when he threw 12 more int's we still cheered for the JETS and Joe Willie....What do you say IF next year we win the Super Bowl????? We won inspite of Sanchez...Comon' Man

AND I still like my women Blonde and my Johnnie Walker Red :)

Not relative. Different era. Give Joe some dome games and a plastic protective bubble like today QB's and he would have been a statistical juggernaut.

Development usually involves some type of progression. I haven't seen much progression in several key areas. There is some regression happening, which is the opposite of developement. Don't mean to nitpick, but if he has developed, he is doing a good job of hiding it from me. For the most part.

Development usually involves some type of progression. I haven't seen much progression in several key areas. There is some regression happening, which is the opposite of developement. Don't mean to nitpick, but if he has developed, he is doing a good job of hiding it from me. For the most part.

exactly-I was shocked in one of the last 2 games when they put up the stat of the points that Sanchez WITH HIS TURNOVERS INTs and lost fumbles had cost the Jets in the 2011 season-I think it was almost 9 points a game-so every time that kid lines up as our QB we have to spot the other team a TD and a FG and then we go from there and you guys are OK with that? Really? Why, because he's the Jets quarterback? Not me, I want better-I want LESS turnovers and less stupid mistakes from the guy leading the team. Also, to see him with his arms over the backs of the bench with nobody around him after another INT or fumble or not saying a WORD to Holmes or Hunter or Mulligan when they kept costing us games showed me a total lack of leadership. If it was Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, or Rothlisberger, do you think they would have sat there mute? I don't

This isn't Sanchez's fault thou,

nothing is sanchez's fault

He's not a rookie anymore.

teams restructure contracts all the time, especially 4 years after they make em.

Mark is going into the last 2 years of his deal and his cap number is enormous. it's getting close to decision time on Mark.

I've said it before I will say it again it's one thing to root for Mark and buy his jersey it's another to cut him massive check after check. 3 million dollar roster bonus? Does Mark deserve a bonus?

Dont get me wrong, he got his butt kicked and earned it in hazard pay. But as a QB what is his value?

Santonio didn't earn his bonus either but they just signed that deal. It would be ruinous to cut Santonio. They have to pay him 7 million dollars, even if he's sitting on a couch.

Mark is going into the last 2 years of his deal and his cap number is enormous. it's getting close to decision time

Who's fault is that, Tanny's, he purposely back loaded this contract so he could build on to the win now roster we had in 2009, and 2010. He also restructured his deal last season to lower his cap hits in 12, and 13, that's why Sanchez made so much last year.

Your right it is time to sh*t or get off the pot, but unfortunately the Jets decided to neither IMO, they choose option C, let's see if we can hide the QB, they really should cut ties with him, or let Mark play the way he feels most comfortable, and get a QB coach/ O-Coordinator who can help him do this. I've already said this a 1000x's I know, but the Jets ticket to success just signed on as the Raiders offensive coordinator, and why? Because he is a heavy run oriented coach who runs USC's pro style offense (no surprise with the thinking their with Carson Palmer as the QB, hmmm where did he play in college oh yea USC).

If you think Mark should willingly take a pay cut, your not paying attention, the NFL is a business if the shoe was the other way around and Mark had 2 years left on his rookie deal that paid him 900,000 each season, and he was a pro bowl top QB last year the franchise would be giving the company line we don't renegotiate contracts type BS. In the NFL players are either really over paid, or really under paid, it's just the way it is.

I'm glad your not our GM, cause cutting Sanchez with no top notch replacement is stupid, the kid is 25 ******* years old, you let him play it out for the 5 years you committed to him, if he was 29 and playing this way then yea cut ties.

Also say Mark by some miracle will fully takes a pay cut, and to do this he needs to sign a extension, and every year on the extension is fairly cheap and then he goes on to be MVP next season will the Jets give him a raise willingly? HELL ******* NO!

anybody take into account the fact that Sanchez had a some sort of shoulder or upper arm injury the last five games of the season....

Nah, of course not.... a quarterback is an indestructible robot so when a quarterback that led his team to two straight AFC Championship games gets injured at the end of season three and his team loses the last three and fails to make the playoffs

GET RID OF THE BUM --- WHAT HAS HE DONE LATELY??? Bring in an ancient old "name" with an even worse injury NOW

Also say Mark by some miracle will fully takes a pay cut, and to do this he needs to sign a extension, and every year on the extension is fairly cheap and then he goes on to be MVP next season will the Jets give him a raise willingly? HELL ******* NO!

this doesn't seem like a realistic concern for Mark Sanchez.

WHat does he do if he makes NFL MVP in year 4?

That's like what should I do when i win the powerball.

anybody take into account the fact that Sanchez had a some sort of shoulder or upper arm injury the last five games of the season....

Nah, of course not.... a quarterback is an indestructible robot so when a quarterback that led his team to two straight AFC Championship games gets injured at the end of season three and his team loses the last three and fails to make the playoffs

GET RID OF THE BUM --- WHAT HAS HE DONE LATELY??? Bring in an ancient old "name" with an even worse injury NOW

Let's say this again-every NFL player and every QB is playing with pain at the end of the season.EVERY ONE. If theya re hurt they sit. Sanchez didn't sit. If that is what you want to hang your hat on, that somehow his injury (and the OC) absolves him , good for you. No one else is buying it. He was totally disengaged from his teammates and his coaches in Miami. He couldn't engineer a drive down 6 with the ball at midfield inside of 5 minutes vs. the Jints. He was a 3 and out machine before any such injury.When the early season plan was to wing it, an uninjured Sanchez couldn't do it. Overpaying Burress and Holmes was pointless since he doesn't or couldn't throw deep, injury or not. And if he was so hurt, then play Brunnell. Sanchez makes piss poor decisions and he doesn't protect the ball. If the big Ground and Pound ideal is ball protection Brunnell could've done better if you ran a simple offense. Heck, an average or bad NFL QB in a limited offense would not turn the ball over almost 2 times every week. And if he couldn't throw 5 yards in this offense, no difference anyway. Wasn't that the big idea?

If the Jets make the decision that Sancherz can do the job, fine. Suspect they're wrong. But before they do they had best explore all alternatives. The guy who played QB all season wasn't even a mediocre NFL QB. All the wishful thinking in the world isn't changing that.

this doesn't seem like a realistic concern for Mark Sanchez.

WHat does he do if he makes NFL MVP in year 4?

That's like what should I do when i win the powerball.

Bit you are correct that Mark is overpaid. But you are incorrect for going on and on about it cause it was completely UNAVOIDABLE unless you release him.

Make the argument you want him gone as the QB cause he sucks (if you think he is over paid then you think he sucks) not cause he is overpaid.

Bit you are a smart guy, you know this is the way this business is run with high draft picks, especially QB's. Hell some teams actually pay their backup 3-5 million, Sanchez is due 8.5 million in base salary in 2012, that's not to much higher.

Just say Sanchez sucks, and leave the overpaid sh*t aside, like I said you know the business end of this league it's just how it works end of story, whether it's right or wrong.

my question is whether they need a top notch replacement. they can get Kellen Clemens to turn over the ball 26 times a season.

Yea and you can get Eli Manning to turn the ball over, over 30 times to just 1 year ago at the age of 28 with 7 years experience should the Giants have cut him? Stop.

not sure how or why the quarterback organizing a "minicamp" to work out with his offensive players is a bad thing

but, maybe I'm wrong about this

what you ARE wrong about is in thinking that Mark Sanchez should just be handed the starting job next season, sight unseen. He hasn't earned that right in the eyes of I'd have to say 85% of the Jets fans that I interact with on the boards and Twitter. There are a few of you guys who always like to pull the old "agenda" card out whenever it suits your side of the argument> "You and this and that guy are all members of The Sanchez Haters Club". Yea like we send each other messages back and forth discussing how we are all going to be talking about the Jets QB situation that week.

What it is, IS-we see what we have seen and make our determinations on those facts. We don't bring up other QBs names to justify what we have all witnessed as some prerequisite to what is going to happen in Mark Sanchez' career. What I 'SAW' and frankly shocked me WHEN I saw it, was the stat that they put up on the screen during either the Giants game or the Dolphins game that showed just how many points the opposition had turned into points PER GAME directly attributed to the Jets starting quarterback; either fumbling the ball away, or throwing another interception and it averaged out to like 8 and a half points PER WEEK-sorry-not good enough for THIS football fan....AND any of the other QBs that are used to make comparisons with are nowhere near that number in the bad years cited...

Yea and you can get Eli Manning to turn the ball over, over 30 times to just 1 year ago at the age of 28 with 7 years experience should the Giants have cut him? Stop.

When you can produce a tape of Sanchez leading his receiver like Manning does all the time, get back to us. Manning is a pro, faults and all. Sanchez is not. If you cannot see that, too bad for you.

When you can produce a tape of Sanchez leading his receiver like Manning does all the time, get back to us. Manning is a pro, faults and all. Sanchez is not. If you cannot see that, too bad for you.

All the time, my a$$. There are a ton of plays where he just heaves the ball up as he's getting hit and the receivers are making some crazy catch. Cruz has made several of those acrobatic catches this year. Also, Manning wasn't leading anything in his third year, his % was right around where Mark's is now.

What the **** does that have to do with turning the ball over 30+ times? And watch Mark lead Braylon down the field in the AFC championship game, lead Braylon against Houston, lead Holmes against Pats, in playoffs last year, same game LT, Cotchery, Edwards, so on and so on.

This is getting ******* ridiculous Sanchez never led a WR before come on man. I get it everyone thinks Sanchez sucks, and there is no ******* way a 25 year old kid can mature and become better.

I'm gonna leave it at this, and I'm done cause arguing with the Sanchez is the worst QB in the league crowd is impossible.

Sanchez had a horrible season in 2011.

Saying Sanchez will definetly turn into a great QB is ridiculous.

Saying Sanchez at age 25, sucks, and will never be a good QB is equally ridiculous as the above statement.

It doesn't matter WTF we think, the Jets front office makes the decisions.

What the **** does that have to do with turning the ball over 30+ times? And watch Mark lead Braylon down the field in the AFC championship game, lead Braylon against Houston, lead Holmes against Pats, in playoffs last year, same game LT, Cotchery, Edwards, so on and so on.

This is getting ******* ridiculous Sanchez never led a WR before come on man. I get it everyone thinks Sanchez sucks, and there is no ******* way a 25 year old kid can mature and become better.

I'm gonna leave it at this, and I'm done cause arguing with the Sanchez is the worst QB in the league crowd is impossible.

Sanchez had a horrible season in 2011.

Saying Sanchez will definetly turn into a great QB is ridiculous.

Saying Sanchez at age 25, sucks, and will never be a good QB is equally ridiculous as the above statement.

It doesn't matter WTF we think, the Jets front office makes the decisions.

Sanchez sucks.

He's a turnover/3 and out machine.

His upside is being barely competent.

Putting him in the same sentence as Eli Manning is a joke.

It all makes sense now. The reason he can't read defenses (ever), can't protect the football and can't throw it to an open receiver (ever) is because he had a minor arm problem for a few games. You're right. He is our QB for the next 10 years. Yay!!!!! I can't wait to complete 55% of our passes next year, most of them being checkdowns.

Sanchez sucks.

He's a turnover/3 and out machine.

His upside is being barely competent.

Putting him in the same sentence as Eli Manning is a joke.

check the sig man. take a deep breath. brees was benched for.....flutie !!! twice !!!!

check the sig man. take a deep breath. brees was benched for.....flutie !!! twice !!!!

And if the Jets had someone like Flutie instead of a useless Brunell backing Mark up, Sanchez would have been benched too! Flutie received offensive player of the week after one of his replacement starts. Brunell NEVER could have accomplsihed that.

How many times do you think Sanchez would have been benched over the past 3 yeras, assuming we had a half way respectable back up, the coaches trusted? My guess would be at least twice.

Archived