Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to attempt to draw parallels, I would say that, given your relative performances in this thread, Klecko is a way better poster than you.

Ha! I do find the reaction to one statement that really isnt all the damning to be very amusing. Its like I kicked your dogs or something.

///Oh noez!!! JiF doesnt think Melo is a top 5 scorer. He's a complete idiot, moron, dumbass that knows nothing about Basketball just like Ecurb and Falcon.

Matt Stafford had more yards and TD's than Eli Manning and had a better QBR.

Matt Stafford must be a better Qb.

Actual hard evidence for dat a$$.

It's about being a better scorer, you fool. Not a better player.

Rose is a better player than Melo, but Melo is a better scorer. The facts point to that. How hard is this simple point for you to understand?

Ha! I do find the reaction to one statement that really isnt all the damning to be very amusing. Its like I kicked your dogs or something.

///Oh noez!!! JiF doesnt think Melo is a top 5 scorer. He's a complete idiot, moron, dumbass that knows nothing about Basketball just like Ecurb and Falcon.

It's just not based in reality. I mean, LaMarcus Aldridge? Are you f'n kidding me?

Melo has his shortcomings, but the guy is 4th all-time in PPG for active players behind LeBron, Kobe, and Wade, and is 14th all-time in NBA history.

The fact that you are basing your opinion on a 22-game stretch during a lockout-shortened season in which he has been battling injuries and turrible performances from his teammates is what makes your last statement apropos.

I just want to put a bubble around my Jeremy Lin and protect him from all the bad people of the world. Such is my love for Asians. I am his Hanbei.

JR spent about 5 months in a communist country so we know he behaved himself. Otherwise, he would've been executed.

It's about being a better scorer, you fool. Not a better player.

Rose is a better player than Melo, but Melo is a better scorer. The facts point to that. How hard is this simple point for you to understand?

Because I disagree and stats arent the end all to the debate.

Shaq averaged more pts per game than Dirk Nowitzki for their careers - who's a better scorer?

Because I disagree and stats arent the end all to the debate. Shaq averaged more pts per game than Dirk Nowitzki for their careers - who's a better scorer?

You posed the question as if there's some huge different between their career scoring averages - a whopping 0.8 ppg.

To answer though, Shaq. Doesn't matter how the ball goes through the hoop, as long as it gets there.

It's just not based in reality. I mean, LaMarcus Aldridge? Are you f'n kidding me?

Melo has his shortcomings, but the guy is 4th all-time in PPG for active players behind LeBron, Kobe, and Wade, and is 14th all-time in NBA history.

The fact that you are basing your opinion on a 22-game stretch during a lockout-shortened season in which he has been battling injuries and turrible performances from his teammates is what makes your last statement apropos.

Fair enough. I'm still not backing down. The guy has been pure sh*t this season, I dont really care about the circumstances. Historically, is he a top 5 scorer since he's been the league. Yes. Right now. No.

And this all started with Vic saying he was top 2, which he's clearly not, so I said he's not top 5. He's still in the top 10 right now though. Is it really that big of a difference or really that damning of a statement? I dont think so, but I guess you guys do. Its cool. We disagree, not the first time, wont be the last.

You posed the question as if there's some huge different between their career scoring averages - a whopping 0.8 ppg.

To answer though, Shaq. Doesn't matter how the ball goes through the hoop, as long as it gets there.

Did you see the difference between Rose and Melo? Its was 0.6. Thats where that comment came from.

Because I disagree and stats arent the end all to the debate.

Shaq averaged more pts per game than Dirk Nowitzki for their careers - who's a better scorer?

When someone asks me who I think the better SCORER is, I'm usually going to default to the guy who SCORES MORE POINTS, seeing as the part of their game we are judging is SCORING.

When someone asks me who I think the better SCORER is, I'm usually going to default to the guy who SCORES MORE POINTS, seeing as the part of their game we are judging is SCORING.

So - Shaq is a better scorer than Dirk. Gotcha.

Last year, not career, where Melo is 4+ ppg better. The year before last, Melo was almost 8 ppg higher than Rose in ppg.

I'm sorry, I was responding to Klacko and SMC showing me how Melo is .6 better than Rose this season. You know, the season I'm talking about as I've already admitted historically Melo is one of the best scorers in the league.

That's this year, while Melo has been hampered by injuries and no help and Rose is healthy playing on a much better team. :Nuts:

Sorry, didnt know your argument changes after every point I make.

Attacked? You brought this on yourself once you sullied Shaqnosis.

I know, I'm an idiot. I know nothing about basketball. I'm Ecurb and Falcon combined.

Melo -- 25.6 PPG

Rose -- 25 PPG

Per 36 min

Melo - 25.6 ppg

Rose - 24.1 ppg

FGA

Melo - 19.5

Rose - 19.7

FG%

Melo - .455

Rose - .445

TS%

Melo - .557

Rose - .550

eFG%

Melo - .487

Rose - .485

Not only was Melo better, but he was more efficient, and that was with all of the distractions for the first 2/3 of the season.... he was even better with the Knicks.

So - Shaq is a better scorere than Dirk. Gotcha.

I'm sorry, I was responding to Klacko and SMC showing me how Melo is .6 better than Rose this season. You know, the season I'm talking about as I've already admitted historically Melo is one of the best scorers in the league.

Sorry, didnt know you argument changes after every point I make.

I didn't change the argument, you're the idiot who said you didn't care that Melo was hurt or was playing on a bad team which is moronic, especially considering the FACT that despite those two insanely relevent factors, he is still SCORING MORE POINTS PER GAME THAN DERRICK ROSE!!! :fighting0050:

So - Shaq is a better scorer than Dirk.

Absolutely, he is. Having limited range and not being able to hit a free throw didn't stop him from averaging nearly 30ppg during his prime while leading the league in FG%. Starting with his second season, he had a decade-long run in which he never averaged less than 26ppg, during which time he led the league in FG% six times.

It doesn't matter what percentage of his points came from dunks. They count for the same number of points as a fall-away 18-footer.

Actually, after this post I'd say you're more a combination of Matt and an old Jewish guy.

Oh my god, my like feeling are so hurt by this. What value do you bring the board? You're nothing but a troll who is here to out smart people. You're not funny. Your pictures are stupid. You're probably a fat a$$ who's never played a single game of Basketball. And you're a pseudo-intellectual.

Isn't JR Smith an uncoachable sociopath, or is that just when he's not a Knick?

Lol do you just scour the forum, reading the conversations going on until you see an opening to throw down a snarky little negative comment? I have to say, the consistency at which you do so is very commendable. Not many could keep that up for as long as you have. You're like Teh Falcon, only with proper grammar and syntax.

Maybe the signing will be for Lin's benefit. I'm sure JR really immersed himself in Chinese culture during his time there and can help Jeremy better connect with his heritage.

Lin is actually Taiwanese and not chinese. Granted, I argue with my asian buddy's all the time, it's just semantics ;)

Per 36 min

Melo - 25.6 ppg

Rose - 24.1 ppg

FGA

Melo - 19.5

Rose - 19.7

FG%

Melo - .455

Rose - .445

TS%

Melo - .557

Rose - .550

eFG%

Melo - .487

Rose - .485

Not only was Melo better, but he was more efficient, and that was with all of the distractions for the first 2/3 of the season.... he was even better with the Knicks.

LOL. How more obvious can it get?

JiF, what the hell are you basing your opinion on that Rose is a better scorer than Melo???

Absolutely, he is. Having limited range and not being able to hit a free throw didn't stop him from averaging nearly 30ppg during his prime while leading the league in FG%. Starting with his second season, he had a decade-long run in which he never averaged less than 26ppg, during which time he led the league in FG% six times.

It doesn't matter what percentage of his points came from dunks. They count for the same number of points as a fall-away 18-footer.

Cool. You win.

Lin is actually Taiwanese and not chinese. Granted, I argue with my asian buddy's all the time, it's just semantics ;)

I carpool with a guy from Taiwan and intentionally fail to make the distinction between the two to get on his nerves.

The funny part is that he alternates between being Chinese and Taiwanese when it suits him... like, if you bring up something negative about China, he's from Taiwan, but he'll claim Chinese pride other times.

Oh my god, my like feeling are so hurt by this. What value do you bring the board? You're nothing but a troll who is here to out smart people. You're not funny. Your pictures are stupid. You're probably a fat a$$ who's never played a single game of Basketball. And you're a pseudo-intellectual.

Oh bravo, bravo. :applauds:

LOL. How more obvious can it get?

JiF, what the hell are you basing your opinion on that Rose is a better scorer than Melo???

Rose is more dynamic scrorer. He can beat you in more ways than Melo.

Now JiF knows how Smash feels.

This isnt the first time I've challenged the masses and had this type of reaction.

Archived