Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they might even lose

no team wins em all in the NBA

Knicks 54-36. Lin 2 rebs, 9 ast, 6 pts.

9 assists...he's got the hard part of the triple double. With the Kings probably gunning to get back into the game - come on 8 rebounds!

He had at least 4 lobs for some pretty nasty dunks. 2 to Tyson.

You have a very good point, but to Melo's credit much of the offense when had to go through him. He has a PG who can lead him open if you will. I think Lins PG smarts will help this out. I wont say that Melo's style will completely change because he's been having to do it for so long. However, when you have a brilliant PG directing the play the only way that it doesnt work out is if you're not listening to the point guard. I think Melo has seen this 6 game winning streak, most of those games without the big 3 and is looking to contribute any way he can.

Jeremy Lin is the biggest name in China, the wall street journal just reported. This kid may be the biggest sports figure in the world right now. Man how the internet has changed things!

Having a PG who can run the pick n roll is only gonna help Melo.

These are good points...but I've just seen Melo in the 3 point stance for 5 secs so many times, its hard to imagine him playing in an offense with a ton of ball movement and on the ball/away from the ball picks. Iso, iso, iso is all the team did prior to Lin. Hopefully your right. I'm nervous.

Kings have big guards so it will be interesting to see how they defend and how Lin attacks. Last night would have actually went down as a bad game for Lin with all the turnovers and critical missed free throws until the explosion in the latter part of the 4th Qtr. Must see TV.

Knicks up by 24 with 3:33 left in the third quarter. The really big story IMO

Kings have scored 50 points against a D'Antoni team actually playing DEFENSE

Melo was on with Francesa today, supposedly at Melo's request. He seemed pretty sincere about making it work with Lin, saying he had to "change my game" to get that done. You have to like that, and God knows it'd be great if it works out. The NBA is so much better when the Knicks are relevant.

nice

a seven game winning streak in the final stages of being completed and here comes T0m Shane to piss on the corn flakes

just kidding, pessimism patty

Interesting stat as they have now reached "gar-bage time"

Assists

Jeremy Lin 13

Kings 12

Workman like performance by Lin, 10 points on only 6 shots, 13 assists and blowout win.

And T0m, STFU with this Melo sh*t. Seriously. You barely watch basketball & youre regurgitating echo chamber crap. Melo is one of the best scorers in NBA and does it with a high shooting percentage. He rarely has 3-13 nights.

He's played this season with a bad wrist, bad hip, bad knee, bad back and bad groin and still led the Knicks in scoring and assists. He was getting the crap beat put of him and couldnt shoot the Knicks to victory because they had no one to orchestrate the offense until Lin showed up.

Workman like performance by Lin, 10 points on only 6 shots, 13 assists and blowout win.

And T0m, STFU with this Melo sh*t. Seriously. You barely watch basketball & youre regurgitating echo chamber crap. Melo is one of the best scorers in NBA and does it with a high shooting percentage. He rarely has 3-13 nights.

He's played this season with a bad wrist, bad hip, bad knee, bad back and bad groin and still led the Knicks in scoring and assists. He was getting the crap beat put of him and couldnt shoot the Knicks to victory because they had no one to orchestrate the offense until Lin showed up.

Whoa. FTR, I think they'll make it work. Check out that Melo interview with Francesa--it's really good. I think there will be nights that Melo and Lin aren't on the same page, but I think they'll get through it. As for my barely watching basketball, I lived literally three blocks away from the Carrier Dome when Melo and Gerry McNamara won the title that year. Saw just about every game and I've followed him since.

These are good points...but I've just seen Melo in the 3 point stance for 5 secs so many times, its hard to imagine him playing in an offense with a ton of ball movement and on the ball/away from the ball picks. Iso, iso, iso is all the team did prior to Lin. Hopefully your right. I'm nervous.

Your hopes will come to fruition. We'll be seeing alot of what we seen tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmoO2Jy_P6U&feature=plcp&context=C3431301UDOEgsToPDskJR_V0x56WOYQUudcu5Xuar

The reason it was iso iso before Lin got here is because the team didnt have a PG. Douglas would walk the ball up, pick up his dribble, and dump it off to STAT or Melo 20 feet from basket.

T0m, thats cool, but it also means that you should know that what youre hearing and saying about Melo is crap.

Anybody watching the postgame?

They asked Lin about looking to the coach before the final shot and if he was asking if he should call a timeout. Lin said actually I was asking if I could get an iso

Acuturally , i have not noticed that much . but i know that he's the MVP for the last seven games when the two super stars' absent.

The Melo hate in the media is ridiculous and it's such a false narrative. Derrick Rose won the MVP last year. Rose scored less than Melo, took more shots than Melo, and had a worse shooting percentage than Melo.

But Melo is considered a selfish player. They criticize Melo's iso ability as a bad thing. Hello? The reason why Melo does iso is because he can score over anybody. That should be lauded, not criticized.

Now, the media is criticizing Melo for wanting to take the last shot in games (check out ESPN's article on Melo's interview). Of course Melo would want to take the last shot since he's the 2nd best finisher in NBA. Nobody besides Kobe has had more game winners than Melo in the last 15 years.

Melo is the one that went to D'Antoni and asked him to play Lin more.

The Melo hate in the media is ridiculous and it's such a false narrative. Derrick Rose won the MVP last year. Rose scored less than Melo, took more shots than Melo, and had a worse shooting percentage than Melo.

But Melo is considered a selfish player. They criticize Melo's iso ability as a bad thing. Hello? The reason why Melo does iso is because he can score over anybody. That should be lauded, not criticized.

Now, the media is criticizing Melo for wanting to take the last shot in games (check out ESPN's article on Melo's interview). Of course Melo would want to take the last shot since he's the 2nd best finisher in NBA. Nobody besides Kobe has had more game winners than Melo in the last 15 years.

Melo is the one that went to D'Antoni and asked him to play Lin more.

Melos been getting criticized because the Knicks didnt get any better post trade.

Lin comes in, runs Dantonis offense the way its supposed to be run and they start winning. What you wanna bet that Melo's first game back is the one after the first Lin loss?

What are the chances we will get to keep him?

Would Melo and Stat restructure if necessary?

We would probably lose Fields and Jeffreys, and they play D.

This isn't football, Brooklyn. NBA players can't restructure contracts.

The chances Lin re-signs next year is about 100%. According to reports, Lin is a RFA but because of a ridiculous rule about waiver claims, the Knicks don't own his Bird Rights. BUT, they can match any offer by another team. Plus, no other team can offer him more than $5 million in his first year, which means the Knicks can sign him with their $5 million exception.

The Knicks own Field's Bird Rights so he can be re-signed without affecting the Lin re-signing. Jeffries might not be abled to be re-signed unless there is an exception out there we don't know about.

What are the chances we will get to keep him?

100%. Both him and Fields are RFA next season, the new Arenas rule says other teams can only offer them up to the MLE which the Knicks would be capable of matching. Meaning unless they have a desire to leave, they'll be here. Fields also has Early Bird Rights, but I'm pretty sure Lin doesn't because he was waived. Lin's obviously going to get paid, so the one downside to doing that is we'll essentially be out of the FA market next season. MSG stock and tix are through the roof right now and Dolan never had a beef with paying the luxury tax before, can't see any reason why he would now. They're both going to be here for a while.

Bah...SMC beats me to it. Damn lawyers.

100%. Both him and Fields are RFA next season, the new Arenas rule says other teams can only offer them up to the MLE which the Knicks would be capable of matching. Meaning unless they have a desire to leave, they'll be here. Fields also has Early Bird Rights, but I'm pretty sure Lin doesn't because he was waived. Lin's obviously going to get paid, so the one downside to doing that is we'll essentially be out of the FA market next season. MSG stock and tix are through the roof right now and Dolan never had a beef with paying the luxury tax before, can't see any reason why he would now. They're both going to be here for a while.

Bah...SMC beats me to it. Damn lawyers.

You said it in less words, though.

Melos been getting criticized because the Knicks didnt get any better post trade.

Lin comes in, runs Dantonis offense the way its supposed to be run and they start winning. What you wanna bet that Melo's first game back is the one after the first Lin loss?

Is there anything in your life that you're not overwhelmingly and irrationally negative about?

I got a new name for you - Rain Cloud.

Additionally- wtf do they want Melo to say? LeBron is demonized for being a choker and not wanting to take the last shot, yet Melo gets pounded for saying he wants those shots?

It's a bit odd. He's supposed to want that shot. Say what I do about Beltran, but I'll give him credit for years later saying 10 times out of 10 he'd want to be at the plate in that situation. I'm totally gay for Lin, but he's been doing it for 7 games, Melo's been doing it just a tad longer, that's still his ball with the game on the line.

Archived