Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

What happened???

BTW, did you guys see Deron Williams interview yesterday where he said he said he wasn't paying attention to Linsanity and was essentially begging reporters to ask him about the upcoming game rather than Lin?

NetsApocalypse is coming soon. The Nets are awful, don't have a 1st rounder, and are in danger of losing DWill to free agency and have a shell of a team to open the new arena in Brooklyn.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted quite a bit last season.

This season's depressingly bad start caused me to lose interest and then.....

linsanity_large2.jpg

Im as wrapped up in this as you are. But the Melo thing is pretty interesting...if he comes back and they win, he'll be a hero. If they start losing, it's going to be ugly. I wasnt trying to be negative.

Im as wrapped up in this as you are. But the Melo thing is pretty interesting...if he comes back and they win, he'll be a hero. If they start losing, it's going to be ugly. I wasnt trying to be negative.

The only thing pointint to Melo being a hinderance to Lin is conjecture. The evidence strongly suggests he's going to work hard to make it work.

I've been wondering where Melo has suddenly gotten this rep as a me-first player. It literally never existed until Jeremy Lin started to light things up.

Plus, you should be extra thrilled about Lin's emergence as no one is talking about the Giants even though the SB was less than two weeks ago.

Seriously. Dude is like Quaid's character in Major League already with this sh*t.

You guys are super-mean. I was expressing cautious optimism. That is an awesome comparison, though. :D

P.S. Knicks should totally try and deal Melo for Dwight ASAMFP. If Lin's the real deal, that'd be dynastic.

You guys are super-mean. I was expressing cautious optimism. That is an awesome comparison, though. :biggrin:

P.S. Knicks should totally try and deal Melo for Dwight ASAMFP. If Lin's the real deal, that'd be dynastic.

For Dantoni's system...I dont know how big of a difference Howard and Chandler would be. Chandler is one of the more underrated acquisitions the Knicks have ever made. ...its amazing watching this team buckle down on defense now. He alters so many shots and covers an insane amount of ground underneath the bucket.

I said this before:

Melo played with Allen Iverson.

What makes people think he can't play with Lin?? Lin will actually try to get Melo the ball. AI was still chucking it up 20 times a game.

What's more random is the narrative that's all of a sudden being spun on Melo's attitude and character. Guy was the '08 Olympic team's Barkley, and all of a sudden he's a selfish and sh*tty dude? I mean come on.

What's more random is the narrative that's all of a sudden being spun on Melo's attitude and character. Guy was the '08 Olympic team's Barkley, and all of a sudden he's a selfish and sh*tty dude? I mean come on.

It's almost like they want it to happen so they'd have something more interesting to talk about.

Granted he didn't do a great job of distributing the ball in terms of #'s of assists but he played brilliantly with what like a 60% true shooting percentage? Look if he wants to win he's going to work into this offense and if anything it's going to change his mentality from "Dribble, hold, set plays, look for guys" to "******* kill".

Granted he didn't do a great job of distributing the ball in terms of #'s of assists but he played brilliantly with what like a 60% true shooting percentage? Look if he wants to win he's going to work into this offense and if anything it's going to change his mentality from "Dribble, hold, set plays, look for guys" to "******* kill".

It's been nothing but carbon copies of the Minnesota game for the past week. 'Make the kid dribble to his left and hope he'll turn it over.' Yet Melo is somehow not a good fit? Really? Know what's a really awesome counter for that? A 3 WHO CAN CREATE PLAYS FOR HIMSELF ON THE ******* WING. I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

It's been nothing but carbon copies of the Minnesota game for the past week. 'Make the kid dribble to his left and hope he'll turn it over.' Yet Melo is somehow not a good fit? Really? Know what's a really awesome counter for that? A 3 WHO CAN CREATE PLAYS FOR HIMSELF ON THE ******* WING. I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

You're wrong he won't fit.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

You're wrong he won't fit.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

I feel like folks are playing the "I cant believe people are saying Melo wont fit" angle moreso than the folks saying "Melo might not fit with Lin" angle.

Just let this sh*t play out. Its just conversation anyway...

Great points, Vic, Rutgers & Klecko. The selfish stuff just popped out of nowhere on Melo.

Where was the media killing Melo as selfish when he single handedly beat the Celtics on Christmas Day to open the season?

Melo has been playing as a walking wounded this year. That's why he's shooting just under 40%.

The Melo hate in the media is ridiculous and it's such a false narrative. Derrick Rose won the MVP last year. Rose scored less than Melo, took more shots than Melo, and had a worse shooting percentage than Melo.

But Melo is considered a selfish player. They criticize Melo's iso ability as a bad thing. Hello? The reason why Melo does iso is because he can score over anybody. That should be lauded, not criticized.

Now, the media is criticizing Melo for wanting to take the last shot in games (check out ESPN's article on Melo's interview). Of course Melo would want to take the last shot since he's the 2nd best finisher in NBA. Nobody besides Kobe has had more game winners than Melo in the last 15 years.

Melo is the one that went to D'Antoni and asked him to play Lin more.

I get it. Its based on this season. People are not paying attention to what he did years past but looking at this years performance which quite frankly, has been absolute sh*t. Guy has turned into a chucker. He slows the game down, he doesnt get anyone else involed, iso iso iso. Just because you can take anyone doesnt mean thats the reciped for success. I totally get the concerns and I'm concerned myself. The second Lin swings him the ball and he sits there in the 3 point stance for 5 seconds, to then put the ball on the ground, dribble twice and chuck a 3, I'm going to puke.

That is not good BBall. Dont care how good of an individual player you are.

Nah. The Knicks are better off with Bill Walker jacking up 3s.

/ecurb

LOL. That's awesome.

Aaaaannnddd, I bought the last Linsanity T-shirt they had in stock at The Garden at lunchtime. They said they'll have new shipments for gameday.

00368405-822597_catl_275.jpg?k=efc7f697&pid=368405&s=catl&sn=knicksstore

So jealous. There's something to be said about a scenario that makes a 31-year-old man text his father from across the country, saying; "If you ever loved me at all you'll go to Modells and buy me every single piece of Jeremy Lin merchandise they have."

Great points, Vic, Rutgers & Klecko. The selfish stuff just popped out of nowhere on Melo.

Where was the media killing Melo as selfish when he single handedly beat the Celtics on Christmas Day to open the season?

Melo has been playing as a walking wounded this year. That's why he's shooting just under 40%.

what?

That was awesome last night. Funniest sh*t I've seen Fields do since Leroy Jenkins.

Leroy Jenkins was absolutely hilarious, would love to see Lin and Fields do some sort of internship at the NYU library or something.

You guys are super-mean. I was expressing cautious optimism. That is an awesome comparison, though. :biggrin:

Oh you. If we're having trouble spacing now with Tyson clogging the lane, imagine how difficult it would be with D12 just camping out there. If tyson can add a 10 footer to his game, that's all I'm asking for, the spacing on the floor because 110% better and makes our offense that much more explosive.

Just on a sidenote, did anyone notice D12's comment on how he wants to be a closer and doesn't get why you wouldn't want the ball in his hands at the end of games?? I mean really buddy, you shooting 50% from the free throw line and have absolutely no post-moves, yet you want to have the ball at the end of the game. Dude couldn't create a shot to save his life.

I get it. Its based on this season. People are not paying attention to what he did years past but looking at this years performance which quite frankly, has been absolute sh*t. Guy has turned into a chucker. He slows the game down, he doesnt get anyone else involed, iso iso iso. Just because you can take anyone doesnt mean thats the reciped for success. I totally get the concerns and I'm concerned myself. The second Lin swings him the ball and he sits there in the 3 point stance for 5 seconds, to then put the ball on the ground, dribble twice and chuck a 3, I'm going to puke.

That is not good BBall. Dont care how good of an individual player you are.

And that's fine and all but what did you really expect him to do? Coach D was asking him to take on responsibilities that weren't his, and if you're putting the ball in his hands what in his DNA is going to force him to give it up? Nothing. You take the ball out of his hands with a true point guard and get him open looks. That's the encouraging part to me that his brain goes from having to process other crap and just taking that default instinct of just chucking it up to having him get the ball in better spots and just shooting.

Lin showed me last night that if he's passing the ball off to a guy it's going to be in a spot and in a place he can do something with it.

Archived