Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not going to blame Melo for last night's loss. Wayyyyyy too early for that. But, if you wanted to alarm yourself over something, it's that the Nets got physical with the Knicks--Lin in particular--and won with it. Granted, they won because they got physical and Deron Williams went beast-mode, but the last thing you wanna see is teams coming in thinking they can beat on Lin and have it work.

You're not going to blame Melo for last night's loss. Wayyyyyy too early for that. But, if you wanted to alarm yourself over something, it's that the Nets got physical with the Knicks--Lin in particular--and won with it. Granted, they won because they got physical and Deron Williams went beast-mode, but the last thing you wanna see is teams coming in thinking they can beat on Lin and have it work.

Humphries was pushing us around surprisingly.

Thrive been roughing him up since minnesota and you're nor going to find two tougher defenders than Marion and Kidd, which Lin still shined. The kid is tough and he didn't lose us the game: we lost because we had zero energy, chandler got into foul trouble, wedidn't close out on the threes well enough and they made 15 from behind the arc. I don't know the numbers, but I's bet 9 out of 10 teams win when they hit that many and for such a high percentage.

IDK - is OKC a championship caliber teams like the NY Knicks per SMC.

Of course OKC is a championship caliber team.

And I stand by what I said about the Knicks, echoing what Magic Johnson said. We shall see, of course, but the pieces are there.

Melo needs to watch some Ray Allen tape

Why? Melo is not Ray Allen, doesn't play like Allen, never will and doesn't have to.

If anything, Melo fits the Paul Pierce mold. Melo will get his open shots and he simply needs to make them. He'll also get double teamed and will pass out of it, like he did to Amare last night.

Dallas tried it and Lin torched them for 28 and 14.

Lin still put up 21 and 7.

The Nets won last night for one reason - Deron Williams. The guy was on a mission not to get embarrassed by Lin again.

Thrive been roughing him up since minnesota and you're nor going to find two tougher defenders than Marion and Kidd, which Lin still shined. The kid is tough and he didn't lose us the game: we lost because we had zero energy, chandler got into foul trouble, wedidn't close out on the threes well enough and they made 15 from behind the arc. I don't know the numbers, but I's bet 9 out of 10 teams win when they hit that many and for such a high percentage.

I didn't say he wasn't tough. He's obviously tough. I'd just be wary of teams making a conscious effort to go Jordan Rules on him when he penetrates.

Why? Melo is not Ray Allen, doesn't play like Allen, never will and doesn't have to.

If anything, Melo fits the Paul Pierce mold. Melo will get his open shots and he simply needs to make them. He'll also get double teamed and will pass out of it, like he did to Amare last night.

Melo standing around isn't going to work and it never has worked. Lin is the primary player on this team now...its a matter of Melo finding his role. he needs to move without the ball.

Melo standing around isn't going to work and it never has worked. Lin is the primary player on this team now...its a matter of Melo finding his role. he needs to move without the ball.

I agree he needs to move without the ball, but mimicing Ray Allen is a completely different thing. Pierce doesn't do that and he has been successful in a PG friendly system and won a championship.

I agree he needs to move without the ball, but mimicing Ray Allen is a completely different thing. Pierce doesn't do that and he has been successful in a PG friendly system and won a championship.

Allen was just the first guy that came to my head. Pierce at his peak is a better one on one player than Melo though.

Melos jumper is wet..I just feel with a guy like Lin, he mentally dedicates himself to moving around on offense...he'll dominate.

I mean, maybe I don't know as much about basketball as a lot of people here, but seems to me this game boiled down to Williams making pretty much everything he threw up there from behind the arc. You're simply not going to win those games.

More to the story, of course, but some nights the other guy is just too good. No?

I mean, maybe I don't know as much about basketball as a lot of people here, but seems to me this game boiled down to Williams making pretty much everything he threw up there from behind the arc. You're simply not going to win those games.

More to the story, of course, but some nights the other guy is just too good. No?

He fouled out fairly early though....what the Knicks let Humhpries do down the stretch was inexcusable. Amare was awful.

That's what it pretty much boils down to. There was a time late in the game where DWill had 8 field goals total, all 3 point pointers. The Knicks actually ended up converting more field goals than the Nets, but the difference were the 3s.

He fouled out fairly early though....what the Knicks let Humhpries do down the stretch was inexcusable. Amare was awful.

I'm thisclose to writing stat off for the season. Between his brother and whatever is wrong with him physically, he's been butt all year.

His legs look shot

I dunno what it is. Could be his knees or maybe his back. Something is very wrong though.

It's weird, I thought he was starting to come around. I think it was the Chicago game where he looked like the player he was last year.

I'm thinking the same on STAT. He's been bad. Physically, mentally, emotionally, something is wrong. He missed a lot of open looks last night that might have made a difference.

The NY Post is killing Melo for this loss.

Melo takes 11 shots (makes 4 of them) has 6 assists, and the team loses because they got torched by DWill who Melo wasn't guarding. But Melo takes the heat. Great city.

Last 3 games have been some of the worst coached pieces of sh*ts I've ever seen under D'Antoni, and that's saying a lot. His defensive matchups against Dallas were inexcusable. Amare getting 40 minutes against NO and almost again last night was the most bizarre crap ever considering Jeffries WS/48 has almost doubled since Lin came up. The guy's legs are gone and D'Antoni still has no qualms about running him into the ******* ground. No efforts to beat the trap, nothing...just break-neck offense all game, all the time, no matter what the circumstances are or who's shooting well. Enough already. Everyone seems to be forgetting that up until 3 weeks ago he was one game away from losing his job and going down ranked right with Isiah and Lenny as one of the worst Knicks coaches ever. The guy does one thing well, coaching point guards up. Other than that, until he's gone there's going to be NO and NJ losses intertwined throughout everything as long as he's here. It's like bizarro Miracle, one or two shooters go cold and the other coach is just standing there laughing and yelling, "He doesn't know what to do!"

He's saying all the right things so far. I have my doubts too....but you have to give him a few games before we start saying he's a problem.

Amare's explosiveness is a much bigger issue at this point.

He is saying all the right things and I'm not doubting it could work but all this championship talk is extremely premature. And its funny because its coming from people who typically eat homers for breakfast in the Jets forum.

Amare looks shot. He sucks. I dont even think he can drop step dunk anymore Kind of worthless to be honest. I'm more concerned about how sh*tty he is now, than I am how Melo will intergrate.

If I'm the Knicks, I'm trying to deal Amare now.

Last 3 games have been some of the worst coached pieces of sh*ts I've ever seen under D'Antoni, and that's saying a lot. His defensive matchups against Dallas were inexcusable. Amare getting 40 minutes against NO and almost again last night was the most bizarre crap ever considering Jeffries WS/48 has almost doubled since Lin came up. The guy's legs are gone and D'Antoni still has no qualms about running him into the ******* ground. No efforts to beat the trap, nothing...just break-neck offense all game, all the time, no matter what the circumstances are or who's shooting well. Enough already. Everyone seems to be forgetting that up until 3 weeks ago he was one game away from losing his job and going down ranked right with Isiah and Lenny as one of the worst Knicks coaches ever. The guy does one thing well, coaching point guards up. Other than that, until he's gone there's going to be NO and NJ losses intertwined throughout everything as long as he's here. It's like bizarro Miracle, one or two shooters go cold and the other coach is just standing there laughing and yelling, "He doesn't know what to do!"

Completely agree, and LOL at the Miracle reference. It's so true. It's as if D'A is saying "Well, I got them open shots, didn't I?" and that's the end of it.

No, coach, that's not enough.

Completely agree, and LOL at the Miracle reference. It's so true. It's as if D'A is saying "Well, I got them open shots, didn't I?" and that's the end of it.

No, coach, that's not enough.

Can someone please explain to me how the D'Antoni offense is nothing more than anointing a distributer and then 4 other guys running around at random with nothing set at all? Really. I'd love to hear it. Because I'm pretty sure I ran this same sh*t when I coached basketball as a junior counselor at summer camp when I was in high school. Used to be the -well he doesn't have a point guard- excuse, and now that he has one all of a sudden we're still subjected to this nonsense.

and the knicks have a bad habit of screwing up the switch and turning guys loose or running behind a screen, the nets are actually a bad match up for the NYK, they make a ton of 3's and the NYK have trouble defending it

it's funny during the game I told my daughter that same thing, that hoops is a simple game, and you can do the little things right and still get beat by a hot shooter

i'm giving this roster 5 full games together before making any judgements. it's been nuts. they will find their way

5 games? I look at the Heat and I see a team that took a full season and training camp to really flourish. They are just so insanely talented that they just got by on skill. I think the Amar'e vs. Melo situation is the scary part and the fact that Amar'e just looks 100 years old.

• 1 month later...

Archived