Jeremy Lin

villain_the_foe

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you realize that every time you repeat that you're making a judgement based on a 22-game sample, your argument sounds just a little bit dumber?

Ha! Like thats ever stopped me.

Vic said he's a top 2 scorer. I said he's not top 5 right now. Maybe I'm wrong. But he's definitely not better than Kobe or LeBron. So for arguments sake, he's the 3rd. You guys are castrating me for saying that, oh I dont know, a whole 2/3 players are better. Its not nearly as preposterous as you guys are making it out to be.

Ha! Like thats ever stopped me.

Vic said he's a top 2 scorer. I said he's not top 5 right now. Maybe I'm wrong. But he's definitely not better than Kobe or LeBron. So for arguments sake, he's the 3rd. You guys are castrating me for saying that, oh I dont know, a whole 2/3 players are better. Its not nearly as preposterous as you guys are making it out to be.

Why do you insist on dissing Melo like this? What has he ever done to you?

Lin is only 23 and this is essentially his rookie season so the TOs are expected. He'll work on it.

The Knicks really need to have Melo come back because Walker is awful. The Knicks can live with Fields no shows, but not both of him and Walker, who never shows.

Lin is only 23 and this is essentially his rookie season so the TOs are expected. He'll work on it.

The Knicks really need to have Melo come back because Walker is awful. The Knicks can live with Fields no shows, but not both of him and Walker, who never shows.

Yep, just look at the shooting percentages in the box score. All of them are ugly except for Lin and STAT. Team needs finishers like Melo because a supporting cast will come and go night to night.

Not just Lin with the turnovers, either. The knicks in general turn the ball over too much. A lot of them are just lazy a$$ cross court passes to boot.

I'm genuinely stunned at this discussion with JiF. I'm not going to say he's dumb, a moron, or a troll.

I seriously think he doesn't understand what a basketball scorer is.

There absolutely no metric where someone can conclude that Rose is a better scorer than Melo.

I think JIF likes to jump ship early on his teams as a safety net just in case the team does not win. Kind of like he feels it separates him from the rest of the fanbase in bad times. Strange but consistent at least.

Anyway, last nights loss is a good example of where a player like Melo could have bailed the Knicks out by actually draining a few of the many open three's the team missed. Lin tried to do too much in the1st half before having a good 2nd half but with legite outside shooters could have and probably would have been bailed out. The JAG's who were knocking down those jumpers have been great during the seven game win streak and deserve to still have a large role when the team is entirely healthy but last night shows how having a Melo on the floor can snag a W during a overall bad performance by the team.

if you are a point guard and you look around and see you'll be throwing it out to Walkers and Jeffries for perimeter shots, you can pretty much understand why you'd try and do too much yourself, drive to the basket and maybe cough up a turnover

Melo and JR Smith can both provide real perimeter options and will result in the point guard doing what he should be doing -- feeding that ball

Excellent points, JVOR. The roleplayers are just that because they can't give it to them every night. Novak is a bench player because he can't consistently hit the 3. The Knicks are sloppy passers. They've also become a poor free throw shooting team in Melo's absence. They missed 10 FTs last night and lost by 5.

Exactly, Gimme. Melo bails the team out last night and I believe Lin wouldve had less turnovers and more assist with his presence. Melo changes how teams play defense. It would have opened up the lanes for Lin.

True, SG. Melo and JR increases the Knicks perimeter options.

And, let me dead horse this on Billy Walker. In 7 Lin starts, Walker is 19/57(33%), but that is because of his 6/9 against the Kings. In Lin's other 6 starts, Walker is 13/48 (27%) from the field. That is ho-ho-rendous.

Excellent points, JVOR. The roleplayers are just that because they can't give it to them every night. Novak is a bench player because he can't consistently hit the 3. The Knicks are sloppy passers. They've also become a poor free throw shooting team in Melo's absence. They missed 10 FTs last night and lost by 5.

Exactly, Gimme. Melo bails the team out last night and I believe Lin wouldve had less turnovers and more assist with his presence. Melo changes how teams play defense. It would have opened up the lanes for Lin.

True, SG. Melo and JR increases the Knicks perimeter options.

And, let me dead horse this on Billy Walker. In 7 Lin starts, Walker is 19/57(33%), but that is because of his 6/9 against the Kings. In Lin's other 6 starts, Walker is 13/48 (27%) from the field. That is ho-ho-rendous.

I am okay with Walker as a rebounding and defensive sub, but he's been horrible offensively like you've mentioned. Worst part is he's getting open looks and just missing them. That's just scrub play.

Edit: last night's game just shows how the knicks could use smith and melo. Yeah, they have to buy into the team concept, but right now jeffries, walker, and even the corpse of mike bibby are getting real minutes on the team. Just offensively challenged players at this point.

Jeffries has played well, but he's still not a creator and we all hold our breaths when he takes a jumper

I take back my JR Smith comments. Even with Melo we need someone who can hit those long jumpers.

I agree with this. Novak's gotten a little cold of late. Other than that, who do you really feel good about taking a 3 on our team? Walker sucks on offense. Landry Fields needs to fire whatever shooting coach made him shoot line drives. We basically need Melo and Smith.

I'm not certain, but I feel like the last few games our 3 point percentages have been pretty god awful.

Archived