Jarrett Johnson, OLB Ravens

JonEJet

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14966135/top-100-dazzling-qb-duo-cant-get-separation

Prisco is the same dumbass who, 10 months ago, said Nnamdi is the 4th best player in the NFL. Revis (#13) ranked as his 6th-best defensive player in the league.

Jared Allen? Not a top-50 player but Dwight Freeney is the 9th best player in the NFL.

Baltimore's Suggs and Ray Rice (#94!) are not top-50 players, but Asante Samuel is.

Logan Mankins isn't a top-100 player but Santana Moss is.

Great source of player ranking info you got there.

The Jets are in transition. They really have no choice but to use this year's draft heavily to build the team. They are now paying the price for the hard and fast building of the team. They had success and made play-off runs building in a manner, no other team in the NFL has, but when you develop a team this way the window closes faster.

The Jets have relied on free agents, trading draft pick for veterans and being aggressive in the draft to build. Even Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, with all his dumb free agent moves, have drafted 39 players over the last 5 years, only 23 for the Jets. Unfortunately the Jets building strategy has strained cap resources, the team lacks replacements for older or underperforming players and lacks depth.

Tanny and co will have to draft well this year because they will need to rely on these young players a lot. These young players will be asked to step in and contribute right away and hopefully they can.

Excellent point.The transition began with Rex and is continuing. We are going to have a few more picks this year via compensation.The Draft should be the emhasis.

Guys like Connor, both McKnights, Powell, Ducasse were total wastes of picks. When you have consecutive drafts of 3 and 4 total picks, that cant happen. Drafting a Matt Slauson late is what the Giants do every year...they find guys in those later rounds that contribute...we draft fullbacks.

You're overstating tremendously. They draft well in the first 3 rounds. After that I don't know that their success rate is better than anyone else's.

Are you just guessing or have you actually looked at their drafts? The last time they drafted a really good player after round 3 was in 2007 when they got Boss (who's not even with them anymore) in the 5th and Bradshaw in the 7th (damn solid picks).

You complain about a starting FB in round 5? Well they drafted a friggin' long snapper in round 4.

I give them a hard time for some picks also, but at least be fair.

http://www.cbssports...-get-separation

Prisco is the same dumbass who, 10 months ago, said Nnamdi is the 4th best player in the NFL. Revis (#13) ranked as his 6th-best defensive player in the league.

Great source of player ranking info you got there.

The man makes a pretty damn nice living for his opinion. It's a list of free agents, not rocket science

You? Probably living in moms basement, typing your opinion on JN

The man makes a pretty damn nice living for his opinion. It's a list of free agents, not rocket science

You? Probably living in moms basement, typing your opinion on JN

Rich Kotite also once made a nice living for his opinion.

And my mom lets me & my wife stay in my old bedroom. Show's what you know.

Was just having this conversation with my buddy who's a Giants fan...look at their entire roster, the only name they have that wasnt drafted was Antrell Rolle, who's coincidentally the biggest mouth/malcontent on the team....and then look at the Jets roster. Its full of guys on their second contract who were drafted elsewhere. The philsophy makes no sense.

Holy sh*t dude, you have to be kidding with this. You are completely incapable of keeping any single conversation on this board from turning into a discussion of your ridiculously obsessive complex with the Giants. Enough already, they're a mediocre team who only has blind luck to thank for that fact that they didn't miss the playoffs for a third consecutive season and then had a nice run to end the season.

You're overstating tremendously. They draft well in the first 3 rounds. After that I don't know that their success rate is better than anyone else's.

Are you just guessing or have you actually looked at their drafts? The last time they drafted a really good player after round 3 was in 2007 when they got Boss (who's not even with them anymore) in the 5th and Bradshaw in the 7th (damn solid picks).

You complain about a starting FB in round 5? Well they drafted a friggin' long snapper in round 4.

I give them a hard time for some picks also, but at least be fair.

I think you're asking the wrong person to have a reasonable view of this topic, Matt has become the single biggest Giants homer I've ever seen. Whatever they do is absolute brilliance, and what the Jets do complete incompetent failure, even when both teams do the same exact thing.

Enough already, they're a mediocre team who only has blind luck to thank for that fact that they didn't miss the playoffs for a third consecutive season and then had a nice run to end the season.

Lol Now you've gone too far the other way. Green Bay, San Francisco, New England and Atlanta beg to differ about the Giants supposed mediocrity.

Holy sh*t dude, you have to be kidding with this. You are completely incapable of keeping any single conversation on this board from turning into a discussion of your ridiculously obsessive complex with the Giants.

Chronic inferiority complex. To the point where dude cried to high hell when Chan called him a fag one time. Highly entertaining.

Lol Now you've gone too far the other way. Green Bay, San Francisco, New England and Atlanta beg to differ about the Giants supposed mediocrity.

Well I did admit they had a nice run at the end of the year. But yes, I was intentionally going to the opposite extreme, as having to hear about Matt's idolization of the unmatched superiority of the almighty Giants in nearly every thread on this board has gotten ridiculous.

Well I did admit they had a nice run at the end of the year. But yes, I was intentionally going to the opposite extreme, as having to hear about Matt's idolization of the unmatched superiority of the almighty Giants in nearly every thread on this board has gotten ridiculous.

Relax.

We've already done a comparison of rosters. There's no idolization other than the way they evaluate talent. 2 Super Bowls in 4 years.

If you prefer, I can use the Steelers as an example as well.

Relax.

We've already done a comparison of rosters. There's no idolization other than the way they evaluate talent. 2 Super Bowls in 4 years.

If you prefer, I can use the Steelers as an example as well.

Here's a cool exercise: If you could have the Giants roster or the Jets roster, which would you take?

Hell, most people might still take the Giants roster even if you took Eli off of it.

Here's a cool exercise: If you could have the Giants roster or the Jets roster, which would you take?

Hell, most people might still take the Giants roster even if you took Eli off of it.

It is not possible to spend cap space better than $9M for Santonio Holmes, $12M for David Harris, $14M for Sanchez, $7M for Pace, $6M for Scott, and $8M for Cromartie (when we're already getting hit for $12M for Revis).

Approximately 50% of the entire 2012 salary cap space for our top 51 players is going to Holmes, Harris, Sanchez, Pace, Scott, Cromartie.

This type of mis-allocation of a fixed, hard salary cap has to change.

Was just having this conversation with my buddy who's a Giants fan...look at their entire roster, the only name they have that wasnt drafted was Antrell Rolle, who's coincidentally the biggest mouth/malcontent on the team....and then look at the Jets roster. Its full of guys on their second contract who were drafted elsewhere. The philsophy makes no sense.

Michael Boley, LB, was not a Giant draft pick.

It is not possible to spend cap space better than $9M for Santonio Holmes, $12M for David Harris, $14M for Sanchez, $7M for Pace, $6M for Scott, and $8M for Cromartie (when we're already getting hit for $12M for Revis).

Approximately 50% of the entire 2012 salary cap space for our top 51 players is going to Holmes, Harris, Sanchez, Pace, Scott, Cromartie.

This type of mis-allocation of a fixed, hard salary cap has to change.

As much as I've instinctively distrusted Tannenbaum from the start, your posts actually make me distrust him more.

Talented, talented man.

As much as I've instinctively distrusted Tannenbaum from the start, your posts actually make me distrust him more.

Talented, talented man.

I try to stay away from the Tannenbaum thing, but that really does suck. I never liked the idea of paying two ILBs big money too...just to pile on.

Eli Manning was not drafted by the Giants. Just sayin'.

Archived