The Official, why haven't we signed anyone yet thread

ZachEY

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You kind of have to love the hilarity of Jets fans bitching endlessly whenever the Jets blow their load on spending a huge amount of money on a free agent, and then when the Jets try to actually change their approach for an offseason to retaining their own guys and picking up the cheap role players heading into the draft, people bitch even more. So apparently the only acceptable solution was for the Jets to sign Mario Williams and Peyton Manning each for the veteran minimum?

Agree

You kind of have to love the hilarity of Jets fans bitching endlessly whenever the Jets blow their load on spending a huge amount of money on a free agent, and then when the Jets try to actually change their approach for an offseason to retaining their own guys and picking up the cheap role players heading into the draft, people bitch even more. So apparently the only acceptable solution was for the Jets to sign Mario Williams and Peyton Manning each for the veteran minimum?

No actully they should look into sureing up the offensive line on a so called Ground and Pound football team. With a glaring weakness at RT why let a guy like Winstion just slip through ? Similar to last year when we all saw the lack of depth on the O-Line in preseason,,,,, teams cut 3 viable o-lineman 2 of which were young and the Jets made no moves with plenty of cap space while the Ravens signed 2 of them. The Jets have not changed their approach its just as dysfunctional as it always has been. First it was payiing too much for guys like Faneca Pace and Holmes now its down to pay no one at all and fill holes with league minimum guys./

BTW it would also be nice if we retained guys that were actully worth a sh*t.

No actully they should look into sureing up the offensive line on a so called Ground and Pound football team. With a glaring weakness at RT why let a guy like Winstion just slip through ? Similar to last year when we all saw the lack of depth on the O-Line in preseason,,,,, teams cut 3 viable o-lineman 2 of which were young and the Jets made no moves with plenty of cap space while the Ravens signed 2 of them. The Jets have not changed their approach its just as dysfunctional as it always has been. First it was payiing too much for guys like Faneca Pace and Holmes now its down to pay no one at all and fill holes with league minimum guys./

BTW it would also be nice if we retained guys that were actully worth a sh*t.

It's been a grand total of 4 freakin' days, there are plenty of more players still to come. Free agency is far from over, then there's the draft, then UDFA, plus there will be plenty of other players coming available as the offseason progresses (much like the players you referenced). And I'm not exactly sure how the Jets starting NT for the past 3 seasons and LB for the past 6 don't qualify as "actually worth a sh*t". But hey, the Jets didn't spend $10 million / year on a guard or $17 million / year on a DE, so obviously they're not even trying.

It's been a grand total of 4 freakin' days, there are plenty of more players still to come. Free agency is far from over, then there's the draft, then UDFA, plus there will be plenty of other players coming available as the offseason progresses (much like the players you referenced). And I'm not exactly sure how the Jets starting NT for the past 3 seasons and LB for the past 6 don't qualify as "actually worth a sh*t". But hey, the Jets didn't spend $10 million / year on a guard or $17 million / year on a DE, so obviously they're not even trying.

Im fine with Pouha and im sure there will be more cuts and available players, but as I stated, there were cuts last year that could have solidified our Oline and the Jets had plenty of cap room to strengthen their identity (G&P) and they did not do so which was unacceptable due to the mess we saw getting hammered in preseason by what amounted to tomato cans....I know you saw the beat down McElroy took to the point of getting hurt and missing the entire season I know you saw our running backs getting stuffed relentlessly. BG I think its more me not having faith in this front office rather than whats still avaibable or will become available/

Im fine with Pouha and im sure there will be more cuts and available players, but as I stated, there were cuts last year that could have solidified our Oline and the Jets had plenty of cap room to strengthen their identity (G&P) and they did not do so which was unacceptable due to the mess we saw getting hammered in preseason by what amounted to tomato cans....I know you saw the beat down McElroy took to the point of getting hurt and missing the entire season I know you saw our running backs getting stuffed relentlessly. BG I think its more me not having faith in this front office rather than whats still avaibable or will become available/

Who? Bryant McKinnie the LT?

The Jets wanted to be a passing team last year. Hence high end WR, pass catching TE, giant possession WR, and a more suited for the slot than Cotchery WR in Kerley. The whole Groundz and Poundz thing is a way of saying "our QB sucks."

Way to much complaining.

Root for another team if you can't even help sh*tting on your own squad before the DRAFT.

Wow, how sad.

I wish I had the time to make mental notes so that when/if they win big, ya'll should get called out cause you don't deserve the joys that come with winning.

Can I make fun of you specifically if they don't win it all?

THEY DIDN'T GET VINCENT JACKSON... SEASON = OVER.

As a fan for 30 plus years I've earned the right to complain. I didn't want Mario or manning I wanted meriweather or Nelson, Grubbs and a solid OT as well as a blocking TE that can catch maybe pope. Signing Mr Glass was ok because he was cheap and knows the WR coach and when healthy is a threat. Signing Stanton was meaningless we could have gotten a QB late in the draft cheaper who might be able to play we know Stanton can't.

If we sign Nelson and an OL that can push hunter or slauson along with who we signed I'll be happy. Then in the draft we can take OLB, ILB, WR and players for depth RB, OL and DL and also grab a blocking TE.

If that happens we'll have had a solid off season.

Awesome.

Jets fans that think they'll lose taunting Jets fans that think they'll win.

I'm not saying that this is going to be a great season, just that its way early to call it a disaster.

I'm just wondering since you want to take names of those who don't think this team is a contender, should that be a two way street?

Archived