The Official, why haven't we signed anyone yet thread

ZachEY

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets Focus in FA and the Draft should have been O-Line, Safety and WR and so far they have done nothing. I could understand no moves at safety because there really was nothing special out there but who do we have left at safety on this team ? Eric Smith Possiblly Jim Leonhard coming off a torn Patella ? we lost Pool and another guy (forget name) who were nothing special .

On the O-Line we have the lovely prospect of a Competition between Ducasse and Hunter at RT ?? Why are we not even looking at Winston ? Is this going to be like last year when we hope for training camp cuts and then dont even sign those guys like we did last year ?

At WR we are not resigning Plax and Santonio is not a number 1 WR because he is not big enough nor ballsy enough to make the tough catches while double teamed Right now what are we going into the regular season with ? Holmes Kerly and Turner ? Really ?

I was shocked last year when we did nothing and left 8-10 million in cap space on the table and a horrible situation with the 0-line and it looks like now we are doing the same thing just add the WR's and Safeties to the equasion.

Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan have no clue at all how to deal with personnel issues and its painfully clear. I didnt even mention the fact we really do not have any type of threat out of the backfield .

IMO Sanchez is going to get killed next year and regress even further our offense is a joke and our defense is slowy getting worse as time passes. BT has been a good solider but how old is he ? Comming off a Achillies tear which is one of the worst injuries to come back from ... Someone please tell me WTF is going on with this team and more importantly this incompetent front office ?

3 years ago we lacked a coach ....we got that coach who turned our defense into a monster .... now that same coach is losing players on both sides of the ball due to age and the lack of filling glaring holes through FA and the Draft how can anyone see this team as getting better next year ?

Im not even sure I want to watch this team play next year and thats the first time I have said that in the last 40 + years. I always have hope for this team but the stupidity has taken its toll..... I can watch a lot of things but I cant watch ignorance...... I had enough of that last year when every fan could see what was comming with our O-Line and the Jets just sat back while teams cut O-lineman after O-lineman and we did nothing while teams like Baltimore Signed them up.

I hate to say this guys but this is not going to end up good and what little hope we have left for Sanchez will be lost unless something changes really fast.

Mick this team just beats me down these days. What went on the beginning of last year, and whats going on now, is mind boggling

I hear ya. I keep hoping this is the year this year, we'll get someone in FA or the draft, this will be the coach that puts the team on top and year after year I get kicked in the nuts.

We took a step back this year hopefully we'll get back on track but with all the holes we need filled and the lack of cap space and lack of players available on top of losing players it's not looking good.

Next year we might fall back off the cliff again.

I hear ya. I keep hoping this is the year this year, we'll get someone in FA or the draft, this will be the coach the puts the team on top and year after year I get kicked in the nuts.

We took a step back this year hopefully we'll get back on track but with all the holes we need filled and the lack of cap space and lack of players available on top of losing players it's not looking good.

Next year we might fall back off the cliff again.

Oh we're falling off the cliff alright. When we do will Woody be smart enough to sign a real GM ? I think he finally told Rex to shut his fat ******* mouth so thats probably a step in some direction.

Some perspective :

We are a running G&P team that has severe O-line issues comming our way and no real threats at RB add the fact we have no WR to stretch the field and explain to me how all this makes sense ? Oh yeah almost forgot, heh we have NO BLOCKING TE"s

Our Defense has a glaring hole at both safety positons our LB's are getting old and slow so teams attack us in the middle of the field ...what have the Jets done to fix this ? So far nothing. If the choice here is between Landry and Nelson I say we have to go with Nelson but either way its going to cost us since just about everyone knows we are in deep deep trouble at the position agents are not stupid. We may be forced to Draft Barron if hes even available. In that case i can see the Jets getting impatient and trading up for him.

My god this is a mess

The Jets Focus in FA and the Draft should have been O-Line, Safety and WR and so far they have done nothing. I could understand no moves at safety because there really was nothing special out there but who do we have left at safety on this team ? Eric Smith Possiblly Jim Leonhard coming off a torn Patella ? we lost Pool and another guy (forget name) who were nothing special .

On the O-Line we have the lovely prospect of a Competition between Ducasse and Hunter at RT ?? Why are we not even looking at Winston ? Is this going to be like last year when we hope for training camp cuts and then dont even sign those guys like we did last year ?

At WR we are not resigning Plax and Santonio is not a number 1 WR because he is not big enough nor ballsy enough to make the tough catches while double teamed Right now what are we going into the regular season with ? Holmes Kerly and Turner ? Really ?

I was shocked last year when we did nothing and left 8-10 million in cap space on the table and a horrible situation with the 0-line and it looks like now we are doing the same thing just add the WR's and Safeties to the equasion.

Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan have no clue at all how to deal with personnel issues and its painfully clear. I didnt even mention the fact we really do not have any type of threat out of the backfield .

IMO Sanchez is going to get killed next year and regress even further our offense is a joke and our defense is slowy getting worse as time passes. BT has been a good solider but how old is he ? Comming off a Achillies tear which is one of the worst injuries to come back from ... Someone please tell me WTF is going on with this team and more importantly this incompetent front office ?

3 years ago we lacked a coach ....we got that coach who turned our defense into a monster .... now that same coach is losing players on both sides of the ball due to age and the lack of filling glaring holes through FA and the Draft how can anyone see this team as getting better next year ?

Im not even sure I want to watch this team play next year and thats the first time I have said that in the last 40 + years. I always have hope for this team but the stupidity has taken its toll..... I can watch a lot of things but I cant watch ignorance...... I had enough of that last year when every fan could see what was comming with our O-Line and the Jets just sat back while teams cut O-lineman after O-lineman and we did nothing while teams like Baltimore Signed them up.

I hate to say this guys but this is not going to end up good and what little hope we have left for Sanchez will be lost unless something changes really fast.

First of all, I completely agree with about Eric Winston. The second the news came over the wire that he was released, he should have been on a plane to Hempstead, or wherever the **** we meet people nowadays.

At WR, what do you want to do? Aside from Vincent Jackson, this crop is pretty damn week. We could have vastly overpaid for a guy like Pierre Garcon and a few others like Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal are off the market, but so what? We obviously weren't in the running for a big time free agent receiver this year. It seems that a middling guy like Braylon will be brought in, or a never-was with potential like Schillens will be added. And there's still the draft, in which a receiver will surely be added.

I've gotta admit that I am shocked that with all the problems with our safeties, we seem content to let our best safety walk and then replace him with an inferior option while doing not the first ******* thing about the absolute albatross of the defense, Eric Smith. Hopefully, the draft will rectify this, but if LaRon Landry goes to New England while we get stuck with Reggie ******* Nelson, God help us all.

You're right. This is not a championship team next year. Too many holes. Not enough resources or effort to fix them. But, to give up on the team? Come the **** on. We aren't THAT far away. A couple good DRAFTS, and by drafts, I mean drafts, not two guys in the first two rounds, a project RB in the 4th, and a random depth pick in the 6th or 7th, and maybe this team closes the gap. The AFC is as wide open as it's been in a while. We aren't there yet, but it's way too close to wave the white flag.

First of all, I completely agree with about Eric Winston. The second the news came over the wire that he was released, he should have been on a plane to Hempstead, or wherever the **** we meet people nowadays.

At WR, what do you want to do? Aside from Vincent Jackson, this crop is pretty damn week. We could have vastly overpaid for a guy like Pierre Garcon and a few others like Robert Meachem and Eddie Royal are off the market, but so what? We obviously weren't in the running for a big time free agent receiver this year. It seems that a middling guy like Braylon will be brought in, or a never-was with potential like Schillens will be added. And there's still the draft, in which a receiver will surely be added.

I've gotta admit that I am shocked that with all the problems with our safeties, we seem content to let our best safety walk and then replace him with an inferior option while doing not the first ******* thing about the absolute albatross of the defense, Eric Smith. Hopefully, the draft will rectify this, but if LaRon Landry goes to New England while we get stuck with Reggie ******* Nelson, God help us all.

You're right. This is not a championship team next year. Too many holes. Not enough resources or effort to fix them. But, to give up on the team? Come the **** on. We aren't THAT far away. A couple good DRAFTS, and by drafts, I mean drafts, not two guys in the first two rounds, a project RB in the 4th, and a random depth pick in the 6th or 7th, and maybe this team closes the gap. The AFC is as wide open as it's been in a while. We aren't there yet, but it's way too close to wave the white flag.

I agree with you there was not much we can do at WR but how stupid do we look if we resign Cotch and Edwards ? I was not very high on the WR's that were available but what I expected this team to do, or I should say what I wanted this team to do was ...........

Sign Winston , Sign a safety .... I would take Nelson over Landry due to injury concerns .... I undertsand you dont like Nelson but who else is available ? Nelson is probably the better cover guy anyway which is what we really need

Then go into the draft with a hard look at Floyd or Hill at WR and try to grab a RB dont care what order it had\s to happen but i think we really need to upgrade our skill positions on offense. Personally I want Floyd and Rainey but Im almost positive that wont happen. Use the rest of the draft to draft LB's, Safeties and blocking TE's maybe throw in a late riound punter since ours sucks and we basicly gave the Giants the best punter in the NFL at pinning teams inside the 20 in favor of god damn Conely

Thats about all I got. Not saying im right but at least its better than what ever hot mess Tanny will be throwing at us. In the three years this team has not had Mangini calling most of the Peronnel shots we have progressively gotten worse

I agree with you there was not much we can do at WR but how stupid do we look if we resign Cotch and Edwards ? I was not very high on the WR's that were available but what I expected this team to do, or I should say what I wanted this team to do was ...........

Sign Winston , Sign a safety .... I would take Nelson over Landry due to injury concerns .... I undertsand you dont like Nelson but who else is available ? Nelson is probably the better cover guy anyway which is what we really need

Then go into the draft with a hard look at Floyd or Hill at WR and try to grab a RB dont care what order it had\s to happen but i think we really need to upgrade our skill positions on offense. Personally I want Floyd and Rainey but Im almost positive that wont happen. Use the rest of the draft to draft LB's, Safeties and blocking TE's maybe throw in a late riound punter since ours sucks and we basicly gave the Giants the best punter in the NFL at pinning teams inside the 20 in favor of god damn Conely

Thats about all I got. Not saying im right but at least its better than what ever hot mess Tanny will be throwing at us. In the three years this team has not had Mangini calling most of the Peronnel shots we have progressively gotten worse

To me, FS isn't really the problem. Obviously, we have to sign one since we foolishly (in my opinion) let Pool walk. I prefer Landry because when not injured, he is truly a difference maker. Nelson is not. Reggie Nelson is a warm body. At his absolute best, he is an average safety. While Brodney Pool isn't Jack Tatum or Ronnie Lott, he was a lot better than most gave him credit for. Replaceable? Certainly. But so far, the means in which we are going to attempt to do that are extremely unsatisfying to me. Eric Smith is the problem. I absolutely can not fathom, after watching him get Sanduskied by not only Rob Gronkowski, but by ******* Brent Celek, that he is currently penciled at strong safety next year. You know who would be an upgrade from Smith? Julian Edelman. And I'm pretty damn sure he filled in at free safety last year. For my money, Eric Smith is the absolute worst starting safety in the entire league. Jesus, he's single-handedly the reason we missed the playoffs last year (when he took an angle that Corey Thatcher wouldn't have taken on Tim Tebow). We must upgrade. The lack of interest in a strong safety is the most concerning thing to me thus far this offseason.

I don't care how stupid we look in regards to resigning Cotchery or Edwards. Their demands last year did not match the expectations we had for them and it showed. Cotch was pissed about being our #3. He spent a year eating humble pie as Pittsburgh's #4. Edwards wanted the respect of a number one receiver. He spent 13 games in San Francisco and got cut. The Jets were right about both of them. As I said last year, Braylon Edwards is more valuable to the Jets than he is to anyone else. Plax was a mistake. He was just an older Braylon with more name value. Both parties were wrong. We don't look stupid. It's just the right fit at this point in time.

I'm with you. Michael Floyd sounds like a damn good fit to me. This team is in desperate need of an infusion of young talent at the skill positions. Where I'm not with you is in your plans for the rest of the draft. We seriously need depth on the offensive line, and with Tannenbaum's apparent philosphy of getting "quality" in lieu of quantity, our line depth has taken a serious hit in recent years. Other than Slauson and Ducasse, we haven't drafted a lineman since Rex has been here. Obviously, Wayne Hunter is an albatross, and while Slauson is solid, he is by no means a world beater. Brandon Moore isn't getting any younger either. Adding o-line depth is a must in the draft. It's been neglected for far too long, and it's how Wayne Hunter ended up starting in the first place.

I don't care how stupid we look in regards to resigning Cotchery or Edwards. Their demands last year did not match the expectations we had for them and it showed. Cotch was pissed about being our #3. He spent a year eating humble pie as Pittsburgh's #4. Edwards wanted the respect of a number one receiver. He spent 13 games in San Francisco and got cut. The Jets were right about both of them. As I said last year, Braylon Edwards is more valuable to the Jets than he is to anyone else. Plax was a mistake. He was just an older Braylon with more name value. Both parties were wrong. We don't look stupid. It's just the right fit at this point in time.

This is a good conversation. I'm enjoying reading it.

If I may... I could not agree more with this paragraph. So many people are entirely too concerned with "looking stupid". The way to look the most stupid is to lose games. That's the pinnacle. Admitting a mistake is not stupid. It's called humility and quite frankly I wish we had more of it. Rex showed some this offseason by admitting the guarantee was a mistake. I like that. Maybe the talk will settle now and we can concentrate on playing.

Bringing back either Cotch or BE or both is not a bad idea. It was working. sanchez was comfortable with all of them and had options. While I don't love Sanchez, if we keep changing the parts on him every season, I seriously don't know how we can expect him to flourish.

The pats brought Deon Branch back and Belly routinely cuts ties with his own draft picks because he realizes it was a mistake. The worst thing you can do is not admit a mistake because you're afraid to look stupid. It's winning games that shuts people up. Do whatever you can to make that happen. I am all for BE and am warming to the idea of Cotchery.

We would be better with them. They just fit here.

To me, FS isn't really the problem. Obviously, we have to sign one since we foolishly (in my opinion) let Pool walk. I prefer Landry because when not injured, he is truly a difference maker. Nelson is not. Reggie Nelson is a warm body. At his absolute best, he is an average safety. While Brodney Pool isn't Jack Tatum or Ronnie Lott, he was a lot better than most gave him credit for. Replaceable? Certainly. But so far, the means in which we are going to attempt to do that are extremely unsatisfying to me. Eric Smith is the problem. I absolutely can not fathom, after watching him get Sanduskied by not only Rob Gronkowski, but by ******* Brent Celek, that he is currently penciled at strong safety next year. You know who would be an upgrade from Smith? Julian Edelman. And I'm pretty damn sure he filled in at free safety last year. For my money, Eric Smith is the absolute worst starting safety in the entire league. Jesus, he's single-handedly the reason we missed the playoffs last year (when he took an angle that Corey Thatcher wouldn't have taken on Tim Tebow). We must upgrade. The lack of interest in a strong safety is the most concerning thing to me thus far this offseason.

I'm with you. Michael Floyd sounds like a damn good fit to me. This team is in desperate need of an infusion of young talent at the skill positions. Where I'm not with you is in your plans for the rest of the draft. We seriously need depth on the offensive line, and with Tannenbaum's apparent philosphy of getting "quality" in lieu of quantity, our line depth has taken a serious hit in recent years. Other than Slauson and Ducasse, we haven't drafted a lineman since Rex has been here. Obviously, Wayne Hunter is an albatross, and while Slauson is solid, he is by no means a world beater. Brandon Moore isn't getting any younger either. Adding o-line depth is a must in the draft. It's been neglected for far too long, and it's how Wayne Hunter ended up starting in the first place.

All excellent points I dont disagree with anything you said here except one thing. I feel if the Jets kept Cotch and Edwards it would have been a very familiar situation for Sanchez in a year the CBA ruined any chance for 3/4 of the receiving corp to be totally different. You can point to Edwards injury in San Fran but things change if he would have stayed here I doubt he would have been injured in the same way unless it was a lingering injury and Edwards certainly showed no signs of being injured in the playoffs for us the previous year. This is why I think the Jets look stupid in that respect. Any QB, HOF or Not, will tell you consistency in personnel is important ...who was our consistency ? Santonio Holmes ? Hes not the type of guy who can be "the Guy" hes neither big enough, nor strong enough, nor consistent enough to be a number 1 WR I think he can be a deadly number 2 however.

I am fine with all you have said concerning the safety position. But we have to remember we are getting old at LB very quickly and we're bring back a 33 year old thomas coming off Achillies surgery is there any way possible for him to be what he once was which was just "good" at the position ? Pace is always suffering from some nagging type injury and Bart scott gaed ten years in what seems like over night. We are solid at Corner and the D-line and thats about it. I wonder if James Farrior at 36 is better than anything we have at OLB. heh.

This is a good conversation. I'm enjoying reading it.

If I may... I could not agree more with this paragraph. So many people are entirely too concerned with "looking stupid". The way to look the most stupid is to lose games. That's the pinnacle. Admitting a mistake is not stupid. It's called humility and quite frankly I wish we had more of it. Rex showed some this offseason by admitting the guarantee was a mistake. I like that. Maybe the talk will settle now and we can concentrate on playing.

Bringing back either Cotch or BE or both is not a bad idea. It was working. sanchez was comfortable with all of them and had options. While I don't love Sanchez, if we keep changing the parts on him every season, I seriously don't know how we can expect him to flourish.

The pats brought Deon Branch back and Belly routinely cuts ties with his own draft picks because he realizes it was a mistake. The worst thing you can do is not admit a mistake because you're afraid to look stupid. It's winning games that shuts people up. Do whatever you can to make that happen. I am all for BE and am warming to the idea of Cotchery.

We would be better with them. They just fit here.

GREENBEAN when Isay we looked stupid I meant it to be due to the fact we got rid of those guys in the first place . I wanted both BE and Cotch to stay here last year and I actully wanted Santonio replaced either in the Draft or Via FA yet we paid a complete idiot borderline JAG 45 mil with a ridiculous amount guaranteed. I think the guy is a freakin punk and a locker room cancer. If we get BE and Cotch back this year It will be familiar territory for Sanchez and it will help the team because both guys can make the tough catch in traffic Santonio simply will not make.

GREENBEAN when Isay we looked stupid I meant it to be due to the fact we got rid of those guys in the first place . I wanted both BE and Cotch to stay here last year and I actully wanted Santonio replaced either in the Draft or Via FA yet we paid a complete idiot borderline JAG 45 mil with a ridiculous amount guaranteed. I think the guy is a freakin punk and a locker room cancer. If we get BE and Cotch back this year It will be familiar territory for Sanchez and it will help the team because both guys can make the tough catch in traffic Santonio simply will not make.

Right? Looking stupid already happened. LOL

I just don't buy him. From the little I've seen him play over the past few years combined with what I've read and heard about him.

I really don't care about sacks from a safety. Eric Smith gets sacks. Roman Harper is a sack master. Kerry Rhodes got sacks. If you blitz them enough, the sack numbers will follow. Doesn't make them a good player.

All I know is that aside from last season, Reggie Nelson has been a liability his entire career, and in the one year he wasn't (a contract year), he wasn't exactly a strength either. Obviously, Ed Reed is not available. We have to take what we can get. But, I'm far from sold that Reggie Nelson makes our secondary any better than it was two months ago, and if anything, I think he makes it worse.

PS: I'll take a healthy Leonhard over Nelson any day of the week and eleventy billion times on Sundays.

Agree to disagree. He's had 2 very productive seasons in Cinci. All good, its a position of need. Its 1 of 2 spots we currently dont have a starter and while he's not a pro bowl player, he's definitely an upgrade, IMO and gives us flexibility in the draft. I'd still be targeting a S in the draft. if Barron falls to the second, I'd consider Harrison Smith as well and I'd even take Brandon Taylor if he falls to the 3rd.

Whats funny about the safety position is we dont have the luxery to really argue the point since just about anything out there is better than what we currently have.

When it comes to the choice between Landry and Nelson you almost have to go with Nelson by default due to injury and Landry's lack of being on board with surgery. If surgery was needed as his doctors advised .... this could lead to severe complications if hes signed and I dont think we can take that chance/

Not sure what the hell Team Jets are doing or what the thinking is, but they need help on the line, WR and secondary so far have do nothing , how will the spin this now, no trades, no sigings, no nothing other than a bunch of crapolla coming from woody and his croonies. Its getting really hard to be a Jets fan once again, and all i can do is hope that Peyton doesnt come down south to Miami

Holy crap... the posts in this thread are too freakin' long, even for me. That's saying something.

I tend to agree with this statement. Some people just ramble on and on about which player will fix the Jets. My strategy it just to lay low and take a "forest instead of the trees" approach. I mean, entering Super Bowl III, just like the previous two Super Bowls, many sports writers and fans believed that AFL teams did not have the same caliber of talent as NFL clubs, and thus fully expected the Colts to defeat the Jets. Baltimore posted a 13-1 record during the 1968 NFL season before defeating the Cleveland Browns, 34-0, in the 1968 NFL Championship Game. The Jets finished the 1968 AFL season at 11-3, and defeated the Oakland Raiders, 27-23, in the 1968 AFL Championship Game.

Undaunted, Jets quarterback Joe Namath made an appearance three days before the Super Bowl at the Miami Touchdown Club and brashly guaranteed a victory. His team backed up his words by controlling most of the game, and built a 16-0 lead in the fourth quarter off of a touchdown run by Matt Snell and three field goals by Jim Turner. Colts quarterback Earl Morrall threw three interceptions before being replaced by Johnny Unitas, who then led Baltimore to its only touchdown during the last few minutes of the game. Namath, who completed 17 out of 28 passes for 206 yards, was named the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player, despite not throwing a touchdown pass in the game or any passes at all in the fourth quarter.

Then, the 2010 New York Jets season was the franchise's 41st season in the National Football League, the 51st season overall and the team's first season at New Meadowlands Stadium. The team improved on their 9–7 record from 2009 and reached the playoffs again. The Jets played their first pre-season game home against the New York Giants to open up Meadowlands Stadium. Many considered them AFC East favorites; head coach Rex Ryan went so far as to guarantee a Super Bowl victory.[1][2] Jets broke a team record with a franchise best 6 consecutive wins on the road with a win against the Lions, followed by a win against the Browns in week 10. In the same victory against the Browns, the Jets became the first team in NFL history to win back-to-back road games in overtime. The Jets were the last NFL team to be undefeated on the road, before suffering a 45–3 loss at the New England Patriots in Week 13. The Jets met the Patriots again five weeks later in the AFC Divisional Round back in Foxboro where New York defeated New England 28–21. The following week, the Jets lost 24–19 against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship.

The next year, the 2011 New York Jets season was the franchise's 42nd season in the National Football League (NFL), the 52nd season overall and the team's third season under head coach Rex Ryan. They failed to improve upon their 11–5 record from 2010 and failed to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2008. They then just signed Sanchez to an extension for the next 18 years.

So yeah, there you go.

I tend to agree with this statement. Some people just ramble on and on about which player will fix the Jets. My strategy it just to lay low and take a "forest instead of the trees" approach. I mean, entering Super Bowl III, just like the previous two Super Bowls, many sports writers and fans believed that AFL teams did not have the same caliber of talent as NFL clubs, and thus fully expected the Colts to defeat the Jets. Baltimore posted a 13-1 record during the 1968 NFL season before defeating the Cleveland Browns, 34-0, in the 1968 NFL Championship Game. The Jets finished the 1968 AFL season at 11-3, and defeated the Oakland Raiders, 27-23, in the 1968 AFL Championship Game.

Undaunted, Jets quarterback Joe Namath made an appearance three days before the Super Bowl at the Miami Touchdown Club and brashly guaranteed a victory. His team backed up his words by controlling most of the game, and built a 16-0 lead in the fourth quarter off of a touchdown run by Matt Snell and three field goals by Jim Turner. Colts quarterback Earl Morrall threw three interceptions before being replaced by Johnny Unitas, who then led Baltimore to its only touchdown during the last few minutes of the game. Namath, who completed 17 out of 28 passes for 206 yards, was named the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player, despite not throwing a touchdown pass in the game or any passes at all in the fourth quarter.

Then, the 2010 New York Jets season was the franchise's 41st season in the National Football League, the 51st season overall and the team's first season at New Meadowlands Stadium. The team improved on their 9–7 record from 2009 and reached the playoffs again. The Jets played their first pre-season game home against the New York Giants to open up Meadowlands Stadium. Many considered them AFC East favorites; head coach Rex Ryan went so far as to guarantee a Super Bowl victory.[1][2] Jets broke a team record with a franchise best 6 consecutive wins on the road with a win against the Lions, followed by a win against the Browns in week 10. In the same victory against the Browns, the Jets became the first team in NFL history to win back-to-back road games in overtime. The Jets were the last NFL team to be undefeated on the road, before suffering a 45–3 loss at the New England Patriots in Week 13. The Jets met the Patriots again five weeks later in the AFC Divisional Round back in Foxboro where New York defeated New England 28–21. The following week, the Jets lost 24–19 against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship.

The next year, the 2011 New York Jets season was the franchise's 42nd season in the National Football League (NFL), the 52nd season overall and the team's third season under head coach Rex Ryan. They failed to improve upon their 11–5 record from 2010 and failed to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2008. They then just signed Sanchez to an extension for the next 18 years.

So yeah, there you go.

tStupid;dr

You kind of have to love the hilarity of Jets fans bitching endlessly whenever the Jets blow their load on spending a huge amount of money on a free agent, and then when the Jets try to actually change their approach for an offseason to retaining their own guys and picking up the cheap role players heading into the draft, people bitch even more. So apparently the only acceptable solution was for the Jets to sign Mario Williams and Peyton Manning each for the veteran minimum?

The Jets are making some big moves this offseason first Stanton and now possibly Chaz Schillens, I dont know about you guys but I'm thinking SUPER BOWL!

:suicide:

So yeah, there you go.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Archived