The Official, why haven't we signed anyone yet thread

ZachEY

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey fat asses sign someone worth talking about already, this off season is getting ******* boring.

Last year we signed Plax and Mason. Interviewed Todd Heap while he was signing with Arizona and over paid Santonio Holmes. While I would also like something to talk about, is that what we want? I'm happy they are at least taking their time and not getting caught up in the mayhem of over paying that's going on right now. Guards are getting over ten mil a year. WR's are getting 130 mil over 7 years. It's crazy out there right now.

besides.... we did sign Kristopher Odowd already :D

Reggie Nelson, the name I want to hear with the Jets name attached to him. The contract numbers are just crazy. This year is the first time in years we have a full complement of picks.

I'd sooner they do the bare minimum in F.A, then trade down and collect more picks. We are currently paying for our over priced free agent right now. I'm hoping we are finally learning build through the Draft.

it's funny how the good teams are really quiet this time of year. Don't hear much from the Giants. all they do is win Super Bowls.

And, when the Jets start drafting half as well as the Giants, FA will be for mid-level additions. Because we don't, we have tons of holes, no depth, and we need to improve the team.

And, when the Jets start drafting half as well as the Giants, FA will be for mid-level additions. Because we don't, we have tons of holes, no depth, and we need to improve the team.

Have the Giants really drafted that much better in the last 5 years? Thats highly debatable.

The Jets draft fairly well. in 2 year run they got Revis, Harris, Mangold, Brick.

that aside I don't think high profile FA are a replacement for drafted talent.

Let's be real. THe Bills are probably gonna sign Mario Williams for a Brinks truck full of cash. Will that transform their franchise? Probably not.

The Jets draft fairly well. in 2 year run they got Revis, Harris, Mangold, Brick.

Let's be real. THe Bills are probably gonna sign Mario Williams for a Brinks truck full of cash. Will that transform their franchise? Probably not.

That was a long time ago. 3 of those guys were also the highest ranked player at their position in the draft (Harris, if memory serves, was 2nd only to Willis). To me, that's not exactly an impressive feat when you get a guy at a position of need who's highest rated in the draft, and he turns out to be good.

This. I could care less about any of the FA's left at this point. Most of them will probably be around for a while. Some of these potential FA's I'd actually prefer to take the wait and see approach and potentially even wait till after the draft. There is nobody out there that is going to make that big of the difference for the Jets (maybe RT, S, WR).

Have the Giants really drafted that much better in the last 5 years? Thats highly debatable.

Last year's not great for the Giants. But JPP and Nicks are significantly better than anyone the Jets have added in that time.

That was a long time ago. 3 of those guys were also the highest ranked player at their position in the draft (Harris, if memory serves, was 2nd only to Willis). To me, that's not exactly an impressive feat when you get a guy at a position of need who's highest rated in the draft, and he turns out to be good.

This makes no sense. Lets look at last years draft then or the last 3 for that matter. Who did the Giants draft that made an impact? Meanwhile, Mo Wilk was a starter from day 1. Kerley looks like he might be a really good slot WR. And if Ellis lives up to his potential, we have an anchor at NT for a while.

The Giants have also been drafting higher than the Jets the last 3 seasons. Guaranteed if JPP fell to the Jets, he'd be in Green and White. And the year they took Nicks - the rest of their draft sucked meanwhile the Jets got 3 starters out of that draft.

This makes no sense. Lets look at last years draft then or the last 3 for that matter. Who did the Giants draft that made an impact? Meanwhile, Mo Wilk was a starter from day 1. Kerley looks like he might be a really good slot WR. And if Ellis lives up to his potential, we have an anchor at NT for a while.

The Giants have also been drafting higher than the Jets the last 3 seasons. Guaranteed if JPP fell to the Jets, he'd be in Green and White. And the year they took Nicks - the rest of their draft sucked meanwhile the Jets got 3 starters out of that draft.

If every player drafted lives up to their potential then we have a blah blah blah... Kerley is fine. Mo Wilkerson was a starter, and looks to be a player. Ellis is nobody right now. I'd take JPP and Nicks over all of them.

The Jets did get 3 starters in 2009. A QB who potential aside, is currently one of the worst in the league, a RB that hasn't stopped us from drafting two more since him, keeping an old vet around well past his prime, and still leaving a big need at the position, and a G who can play for a 6th rounder, but is also a position we're looking to upgrade.

Further, the issues of the Jets draft aren't just the players, but the amount of holes and lack of depth they've provided. We haven't drafted a safety since Eric Smith, we have almost no depth on the offensive line... This is all ignoring the fact that our QB of the future is bad and our 1st round CB is only mediocre in the nickle.

If every player drafted lives up to their potential then we have a blah blah blah... Kerley is fine. Mo Wilkerson was a starter, and looks to be a player. Ellis is nobody right now. I'd take JPP and Nicks over all of them.

JPP is the 15th overall pick in the draft....much better chance drafting a stud there then 29th

Granted Nicks was an excellent signing, but we drafted Mark Sanchez that year...and he still has the ability to be a great pick.

JPP is the 15th overall pick in the draft....much better chance drafting a stud there then 29th

Granted Nicks was an excellent signing, but we drafted Mark Sanchez that year...and he still has the ability to be a great pick.

Agreed on the top portion.

Sanchez may one day prove to be a great pick. For now, there's no denying that statistically he's one of the worst QB's in the league. There's literally no evidence to say he will get better, so I can only go by what we have now.

The Jets did get 3 starters in 2009. A QB who potential aside, is currently one of the worst in the league, a RB that hasn't stopped us from drafting two more since him, keeping an old vet around well past his prime, and still leaving a big need at the position, and a G who can play for a 6th rounder, but is also a position we're looking to upgrade.

Further, the issues of the Jets draft aren't just the players, but the amount of holes and lack of depth they've provided. We haven't drafted a safety since Eric Smith, we have almost no depth on the offensive line... This is all ignoring the fact that our QB of the future is bad and our 1st round CB is only mediocre in the nickle.

I agree. I'd rather have Nicks and JPP over that draft too. But, they were from different drafts and JPP was picked before the Jets were on the clock. Not sure how its their fault the Giants came away with a better player. lol

I just disagree with your whole take on the Jets lately and dont have the energy to argue but just for the record, both teams starting roster are comprised of equal amounts of FA vs. home grown talent. And the Giants finished a whole 1 game better than the Jets. This take that they are some elite stacked team is ridiculous. They got hot at the right time. Thats all. Its too funny that people forget the rumbling off Coughlin being fired after the loss at home to the Redskins. If the Jets had half a Qb, they'd have knocked them right out of playoff contention the following week.

The Jets don't have a single offensive player that's as good as Victor Cruz, whom Reese picked up off the street.

Archived