The Official, why haven't we signed anyone yet thread

ZachEY

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought he was good and you have it halfbackwards. Half the board will think he's a bum cause he's on the jets other half will have him in the hof.

That is why you gotta love or hate Jets fans

Jets make initial call about QB Chad Henne

Published: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 4:41 PM Updated: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 4:44 PM

3492.pngBy Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Share Print

10679409-large.jpgAlan Maglaque/US PresswireChad Henne played three-and-a-half seasons under Tony Sparano, the new Jets offensive coordinator, in Miami.

Among the Jets' needs in free agency is a No. 2 quarterback. In the opening minutes of free agency, the team made an initial call to former Dolphins quarterback Chad Henne, though their interaction was not substantive, per a person with knowledge of the communication between the sides. That person requested anonymity so as not to compromise the free agency process.

But another person said Henne is not expected to end up with the Jets. The 2008 second-round pick started 31 games for the Dolphins and is likely looking for a place where he has a legitimate chance to compete for the starting job. Other teams may also be able to offer Henne a better contract. ESPN reported Henne will visit Jacksonville.

The $20.5 million in guaranteed money for 2012 and 2013 in Mark Sanchez's contract essentially ensures he will be the Jets' starter for the next two seasons and makes the Jets' back-up job less appealing.

The Jets' interest in Henne makes sense because he played three-and-a-half seasons under new Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano in Miami and knows Sparano's system. But the Jets may have to explore other options.

oh my god jenny, r the jets gonna have to give sanchez another extension to say sorry ?

Forgive me Flgreen, but what the hell does that all mean? Is that cromartie asking us to sign BE and Nelson?

LOL

That's what it appears to be. I'm sure Tannenbaum appreciates the help. here's the second half of Cro's tweet. funny stuff

Bring in @OfficialBraylon and @reggienelson83 and bring in another dlineman for depth like @trapj99. We more Vets in our locker room. we can draft a pass rusher

LOL

That's what it appears to be. I'm sure Tannenbaum appreciates the help. here's the second half of Cro's tweet. funny stuff

Bring in @OfficialBraylon and @reggienelson83 and bring in another dlineman for depth like @trapj99. We more Vets in our locker room. we can draft a pass rusher

Good thing Cro is on the job. I was getting worried for a minute there :D

I would not be shocked at all if we ended up with essentially nobody that improves this team in even a semi-significant way until the draft.

Its sad but IMO more than likely the case. Due to all the horrible contracts were involved in with guys who are 35 years old and our reputation around the league we are screwed.

Another factor is the ridiculous FA market at the moment regarding the positions of need for us. There is a lack of quality RT, lack of safeties, the only decent pass rusher is gonna ask for 20m a year or plays 4-3, and the impact WR's are being gobbled up quickly by garbage teams throwing ridiculous $$$ at them.

Archived