Brandon Lloyd a Patriot

RyanBe_Tweetin

All Jets fans say this. I guess it makes you all feel better.

The Jets one and only SB was not without controversy. Lots of folks beleive the fix was in in order to give the AFC some credibility and build the NFL empire. Not to mention that Joe Namath is one of THE most over-rated QB's of all time. There's some honest history for yah....

Incoming 1........2...........

Oh yeah, because completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories is totally the same as proven cheating. There's really no need to go any further into how stupid this statement is, as you've done a fantastic job of laying it out yourself. You should have stuck with the "nobody cares but Jets fans" angle, because this stance is beyond moronic.

The truth is most people probably don't care all that much about the spygate nonsense anymore, if for no other reason than people don't have that long of an attention span. Pats fans only have themselves to blame for it never dying, considering for a team that gets such an obscene number of calls in their favor (see: AFC Championship), they never stop their endless whining every time they aren't handed a game on a silver platter. That and the repeated attempts to act as though their last Super Bowl victory isn't ancient history or that being the Super Bowl losers actually means anything when they were saying the exact opposite a decade ago.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have done a great job of convincing yourself that the Pats victories are tainted and that the Jets are loveable losers that do things the right way (laughing right now) because it makes you feel better. No amount of posting to the contrary will make most reasonable people beleive otherwise.

Wait. You're really trying sell the Pats Super Bowls as NOT tainted? And the Jets are just losers. Nobody likes them, nevermind loves. Even their own fans.

Again, I dont really care. I'm just giving you my perspective and my experience with others on NE cheating.

It clearly is a sensitive topic for you guys because you cant help but defend defend and defend some more. Lets leave it alone. We've beat this horse to death and I highly doubt my opinion is changing yours.

I will always defend my Patsies and please, don't get started on our metrosexual hipster qb! I'll defend him to the death!

BTW - I lied. I did vacation at a surfer place once - sort of. Maui. Lot's of surfers there. Lot's of those wind surfer people. Paddle surfer people. I watched. I snorkled. I drank. I walked. I swam. I sunbathed. I watched sunsets. I went on a hellish ride up and down a mountain. I participated in happy hours and ate fish tacos. Never discussed spygate. Just talked about how incredibly awesome life is in Hawaii. Sigh.....

I'm not sure how the Patriots making two SB's post spygate somehow helps your argument that they "can't win without cheating". Are people really that stupid? The Giants just have their number.

I want you guys to ask yourselves something. Compare this Patriots team with the 2004 team. Tell me which team had better players. I'm guessing you'd say the 2004 team by far. So, that team wins the SB by 3 points, and the much less talented 2011 team loses by 4 points, but spygate is the reason they won?

How do they even go 27-5 the last two regular seasons if these magical signals were such an advantage? Are you saying they only used the mystical signals in SB's? Well, then I'd like to ask, how do you explain the Carolina SB? You know, the team the Patriots last played in 2001, when they were 1-15 with George Seifert as HC and Chris Weinke as QB.

Where did they acquire these amazing signals? Did they magically fall out of the sky? Or apparently John Fox runs the exact same plays and uses the exact same signals that the old 1-15 Panthers coaching staff used.

I would like someone to respond to my questions about the 2003 SB, but I look forward to nobody responding to this and instead making some lame crack about Belicheat.

I will always defend my Patsies and please, don't get started on our metrosexual hipster qb! I'll defend him to the death!

BTW - I lied. I did vacation at a surfer place once - sort of. Maui. Lot's of surfers there. Lot's of those wind surfer people. Paddle surfer people. I watched. I snorkled. I drank. I walked. I swam. I sunbathed. I watched sunsets. I went on a hellish ride up and down a mountain. I participated in happy hours and ate fish tacos. Never discussed spygate. Just talked about how incredibly awesome life is in Hawaii. Sigh.....

When I was talking about getting out and traveling, I meant in the states on business, etc. But yeah, I've never been to Hawaii, I can only imagine. Just think about the beauty of Hawaii and then picture almost uncivilized, that's the types of surf trips I take. We want to go where there arent other surfers, thats why we go to like Nicaragua, Panama, El Salvador, Ecuador, Mexico, etc. - its a true escape.

Oh yeah, because completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories is totally the same as proven cheating. There's really no need to go any further into how stupid this statement is, as you've done a fantastic job of laying it out yourself. You should have stuck with the "nobody cares but Jets fans" angle, because this stance is beyond moronic.

The truth is most people probably don't care all that much about the spygate nonsense anymore, if for no other reason than people don't have that long of an attention span. Pats fans only have themselves to blame for it never dying, considering for a team that gets such an obscene number of calls in their favor (see: AFC Championship), they never stop their endless whining every time they aren't handed a game on a silver platter. That and the repeated attempts to act as though their last Super Bowl victory isn't ancient history or that being the Super Bowl losers actually means anything when they were saying the exact opposite a decade ago.

Exactly.

Moral Equivalence is a frequent and usually ridiculous tactic.

imo.. people who mention spygate have an inferiority complex... tomshane said it correctly earlier, most people assume thier fans are cheating/bending the rules, the only reason it's brought in regards to the pats so frequently is cause they've been soo successful

imo.. people who mention spygate have an inferiority complex... tomshane said it correctly earlier, most people assume thier fans are cheating/bending the rules, the only reason it's brought in regards to the pats so frequently is cause they've been soo successful

You make a good point, but how do you account for opposing players still mentioning it?

Opposing players mentioned Spygate on Twitter after the Pats lost to the Giants. It's not just the fans.

I dont assume the Jets take a systematic approach to cheating and challenge the integrity of the game. I dont think most fans think this as well. Especially not casual one's who all they know about Spygate is that the Pats got busted and punished for it.

You make a good point, but how do you account for opposing players still mentioning it?

Opposing players mentioned Spygate on Twitter after the Pats lost to the Giants. It's not just the fans.

Bingo. The NFL did such a good job of brushing under the rug, people like CTM are willing to do so as well.

All Jets fans say this. I guess it makes you all feel better.

The Jets one and only SB was not without controversy. Lots of folks beleive the fix was in in order to give the AFC some credibility and build the NFL empire. Not to mention that Joe Namath is one of THE most over-rated QB's of all time. There's some honest history for yah....

Incoming 1........2...........

How much did the league fine the Jets for that? Get back to me on that please. LOL You are smart enough to tell fact from folklore.

Again, I dont really care. I'm just giving you my perspective and my experience with others on NE cheating.

It clearly is a sensitive topic for you guys because you cant help but defend defend and defend some more. Lets leave it alone. We've beat this horse to death and I highly doubt my opinion is changing yours.

Really? And does this 'experience' extend beyond this board? I doubt it.

I find it hard to believe that while discussing the NFL topics of the day, the Patriots cheating is mentioned. If it is the second party is probably thinking to themselves for you to get over it.

In the end, it is amusing to argue this like it is to still argue about Wes. Despite the numerous members of JN that still hold to the notion he is a JAG, a good portion of JN believe the Spygate is a huge matter.

The NFL did not penalize the Patriots like they are penalizing the Boyz and Skins for legal contracts. If the rumors hold true, the NFL did not suspend any Patriots like they might the Saints for Bountygate. Or how they suspend players for failing a drug test.

They broke a rule and were penalized for using a camera. That is it.

Bingo. The NFL did such a good job of brushing under the rug, people like CTM are willing to do so as well.

Most coaches were willing also, as plenty of guys came out and said they've done similar.

Spygate really should not be the moment of triumph Jet fans see it as. It's really cute and naive to think cheating in pro sports is something that those role models out there would never think of doing.

SImilair to fans. They are human too.

I dont assume the Jets take a systematic approach to cheating and challenge the integrity of the game. I dont think most fans think this as well. Especially not casual one's who all they know about Spygate is that the Pats got busted and punished for it.

So you don't assume most jets players are on steroids? You don't assume they tamper? (Yet you're convinced they had pursued and given up on Manning before he was relased) You are ignoring the systematic intimidation of return teams that resulted in the sideline tripping incident? You are very naive

I wasn't born yesterday, Carry on with your little crusade, most people with any level of sophistication realizes this is much ado about nothing. Immediately after they got "caught" they player thier most dominat ball ever

I wasn't born yesterday, Carry on with your little crusade, most people with any level of sophistication realizes this is much ado about nothing. Immediately after they got "caught" they player thier most dominat ball ever

Except in the postseason when, you know, the video was used for.

It's obvious that the Pats would've won the championship in 2007 if they had the opportunity to video tape the Giants' signals in the regular season finale and use that in the SB.

It's obvious that the Pats would've won the championship in 2007 if they had the opportunity to video tape the Giants' signals in the regular season finale and use that in the SB.

People are so phucked in the head.

Really? And does this 'experience' extend beyond this board? I doubt it.

I find it hard to believe that while discussing the NFL topics of the day, the Patriots cheating is mentioned. If it is the second party is probably thinking to themselves for you to get over it.

In the end, it is amusing to argue this like it is to still argue about Wes. Despite the numerous members of JN that still hold to the notion he is a JAG, a good portion of JN believe the Spygate is a huge matter.

The NFL did not penalize the Patriots like they are penalizing the Boyz and Skins for legal contracts. If the rumors hold true, the NFL did not suspend any Patriots like they might the Saints for Bountygate. Or how they suspend players for failing a drug test.

They broke a rule and were penalized for using a camera. That is it.

Sorry bud, everyone I've encountered calls you cheaters. You guys defend defend because you know its true. If it doesnt bother you, you wouldnt respond. So it must be true.

Sorry bud, everyone I've encountered calls you cheaters. You guys defend defend because you know its true. If it doesnt bother you, you wouldnt respond. So it must be true.

Everyone here. Even a couple Pat fans I know just laugh and say it was worth the fine. LOL

Nothing in regards to my post about the Panthers SB? Yeah, that's what I thought. Interestingly enough, the Panthers were actually busted taking steroids before the SB. Funny how that never gets mentioned.

Ryan Clark and James Harrison (wifebeater, let his dog bite his kid) of the Steelers (with a rapist QB) were the ones who took to twitter after the Patriots loss and mentioned spygate. I wonder how they feel about their team doctor being busted with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of HGH. Can't win the big one against the Packers without that extra "advanced medicine", eh?

There's also the fact of the Denver Broncos cheating the salary cap, paying Elway and Davis like an extra 30 million dollars under the table and being punished for it, and the Niners cheating the salary cap in 1994 and also losing draft picks.

So, team doctors can be busted with HGH, teams can cheat the salary cap to pay their hall of fame players millions and millions extra, roid up before SB's, teams violate rules and lose OTA's in the offseason (you can bet if the Patriots did that it would be national ******* news). Not a peep from anybody.

But no, the evil Patriots cheated and stole that SB from the Panthers after taping defensive signals from the 1-15 Panthers team with a different coaching staff and Chris Weinke as the QB. John Fox ran the exact same plays with the exact same signals, believe it or not.

Same thing with the 2001 AFCCG against the Steelers. Belichick used his signals from the last time he faced the Steelers (in 1996), and it helped Drew Bledsoe SHRED the Steelers defense for 100 yards and 1 touchdown. The Patriots "knew what was coming" when they blocked a FG and returned it for a TD, and returned a punt for a TD. They cheated even worse against the Rams when Brady torched them for 140 yards. I don't know how he could have managed it, unless he had signals of EVERY play.

The funny thing about spygate is, they taped defensive signals, so that was supposed to help their offense, yet they score 3 offensive TD's in 3 games during the 2001 playoffs, 17 against the Titans, 24 against the Colts, 32 against the Panthers (having no prior knowledge of the signals, ironically enough), 20 against the Colts, 41 against the Steelers, and 24 against the Eagles.

So you really have one game where they piled up points, but that is nothing new against the Steelers, because after spygate the Patriots beat them 34-13 and 39-26 in 2007 and 2010 with Brady throwing for 750 yards and 8 touchdowns. Otherwise it's FG's and special teams/defensive touchdowns. They were always a defensive team, they didn't explode on offense until after spygate.

Belichick was warned to knock it off regarding taping signals, and he still did it anyways, so he deserved to get punished for that. Thanks to that a$$hole, we have to defend our team for the rest of eternity. He owes us one more SB.

Nothing in regards to my post about the Panthers SB? Yeah, that's what I thought. Interestingly enough, the Panthers were actually busted taking steroids before the SB. Funny how that never gets mentioned.

Ryan Clark and James Harrison (wifebeater, let his dog bite his kid) of the Steelers (with a rapist QB) were the ones who took to twitter after the Patriots loss and mentioned spygate. I wonder how they feel about their team doctor being busted with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of HGH. Can't win the big one against the Packers without that extra "advanced medicine", eh?

There's also the fact of the Denver Broncos cheating the salary cap, paying Elway and Davis like an extra 30 million dollars under the table and being punished for it, and the Niners cheating the salary cap in 1994 and also losing draft picks.

So, team doctors can be busted with HGH, teams can cheat the salary cap to pay their hall of fame players millions and millions extra, roid up before SB's, teams violate rules and lose OTA's in the offseason (you can bet if the Patriots did that it would be national ******* news). Not a peep from anybody.

But no, the evil Patriots cheated and stole that SB from the Panthers after taping defensive signals from the 1-15 Panthers team with a different coaching staff and Chris Weinke as the QB. John Fox ran the exact same plays with the exact same signals, believe it or not.

Same thing with the 2001 AFCCG against the Steelers. Belichick used his signals from the last time he faced the Steelers (in 1996), and it helped Drew Bledsoe SHRED the Steelers defense for 100 yards and 1 touchdown. The Patriots "knew what was coming" when they blocked a FG and returned it for a TD, and returned a punt for a TD. They cheated even worse against the Rams when Brady torched them for 140 yards. I don't know how he could have managed it, unless he had signals of EVERY play.

The funny thing about spygate is, they taped defensive signals, so that was supposed to help their offense, yet they score 3 offensive TD's in 3 games during the 2001 playoffs, 17 against the Titans, 24 against the Colts, 32 against the Panthers (having no prior knowledge of the signals, ironically enough), 20 against the Colts, 41 against the Steelers, and 24 against the Eagles.

So you really have one game where they piled up points, but that is nothing new against the Steelers, because after spygate the Patriots beat them 34-13 and 39-26 in 2007 and 2010 with Brady throwing for 750 yards and 8 touchdowns. Otherwise it's FG's and special teams/defensive touchdowns. They were always a defensive team, they didn't explode on offense until after spygate.

Belichick was warned to knock it off regarding taping signals, and he still did it anyways, so he deserved to get punished for that. Thanks to that a$$hole, we have to defend our team for the rest of eternity. He owes us one more SB.

If I didn't know any better....hmmmm.....PatsFanTx is that you? LOL! Welcome back?

Probably would've won if they had shortened routes earlier in the game, made a stop on defense, or caught one of 2 dropped INT's on the last drive..

You mean, he owes you a legitimate one? Cool. At least you admit that your championships are tainted and never should have been.

I notice you didn't respond to the rest of my post, numbnuts. Still waiting on an answer regarding the Carolina SB.

Because it didnt make any sense.

At the end of day the Patriots "dynasty" will forever be know for installing a systematic approach to cheating into their organization. They were busted for it. The evidence was so damning and it challenged the integrity of the game that it was destroyed, congress was getting involved and the team was punished.

Sorry this happened to your team and tainted your championships and havent won any since. Just be glad you got to enjoy those seasons. Probably worth having to defend your beloved team for the rest of your life. Could be worse, could be a Jets fan.

It doesn't make sense? I'll explain so you can understand. The Patriots supposedly cheated to win by taping defensive signals from the teams they played and used them in future games, correct? So that means you would have to have played that team prior, assume they use the exact same signals and run the exact same plays, and you'd be all set for future games. Well, the Patriots didn't have that benefit against the Panthers. They had not played the Panthers under John Fox before SB38. The Panthers were a dreadful 1-15 in 2001 with a different HC. So, like I said, unless Fox runs the exact same plays and used the exact same signals, there's nothing tainted about that game.

Clear enough for you, moron?

Archived