Brandon Lloyd a Patriot

RyanBe_Tweetin

Source: Brandon Lloyd joins Pats

The New England Patriots have reached an agreement with free agent wide receiverBrandon Lloyd, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Lloyd was traded by Denver to St. Louis last season after the Broncos made the switch to Tim Tebow at quarterback. In 11 games with the Rams after the trade, Lloyd caught 51 passes for 683 yards and five touchdowns.

In 2010, Lloyd led the league with 1,448 yards receiving, when he caught 77 passes, 11 of them for touchdowns.

Josh McDaniels, the Patriots' offensive coordinator, was Lloyd's head coach in Denver.

The 30-year-old receiver has played for five teams in his nine-season career. The 49ers originally selected him in the fourth round of the 2003 draft.

Lloyd is the second receiver signed by New England on Saturday, following former Colts wideout Anthony Gonzalez. The Patriots also agreed to a deal with former Raiders defensive end Trevor Scott, a league source told Schefter.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7703571/2012-nfl-free-agency-new-england-patriots-brandon-lloyd-agree-deal-source-says

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a shell of his former self last season. No one will miss Deion I'm afraid. Not sure I fully embrace the lloyd signing as he's a reported head case, but no doubt the Pats just got younger and faster at WR and he does have great hands.

He has great hands, but I'm not too sure they got faster....Lloyd has never been known to be a blazer

WHat would have scared me is if the Pats went all in after Mike Wallace...he could blow the top off a defense

He has great hands, but I'm not too sure they got faster....Lloyd has never been known to be a blazer

WHat would have scared me is if the Pats went all in after Mike Wallace...he could blow the top off a defense

Wallace to the Pats... very very scary. No one is worried about Lloyd.

I have a feeling this year our D is gonna b NASTTY AGAIN!!!

Rex calling plays again = bitz bitz nd more blitz

CAN't WAIT!!!!!

We'll have QBs sh*tting their jockstraps at the line like we did in '09..... The good old days

This will translate to burned, burned and burned again. That act has played out.

We have very little cap space, so we are cutting our cloth to our means. Good signing for the Pats. They will throw one or two down field now.

The signing won't affect us to much because of Revis. Our problem is not covering the flankers it's over the middle, it's why we are chasing Nelson. Since the Pats D stinks, and they are spending F.A money on offensive players expect the Pats draft to have a definite Defensive bias.

this sucks, they already have 2 great TE's we can hardly cover and that one little Over rated white guy..... LoL Seriously! now Lloyd! and he takes 4 mill a year! he could have gotten way more than that I think elsewhere. Oh and they have anthony gonzalez. I hope Cro steps up this year.

hell if we can't put a ton of pressure on brady it won't matter anyway. we need pass rushers!!!

Pats sign Lloyd, Bills sign Mario Williams, and we sign Drew Stanton. Woo-hoo. Looking forward to a great season.

well for the last few years we've been the ones making the big moves so now maybe we actually just get some "football Players" and not a bunch of Divas. Nelson could be the biggest name we pick up and the average football fan had never herd of him. I actually like it! maybe tanny has stopped letting the fans pick the jets roster.

This will translate to burned, burned and burned again. That act has played out.

The trick is to generate some legit pressure from the D line and OLB. That's when a blitz becomes too much for the QB to handle. If u NEED the blize to get any pressure at all, there is time for the QB to find the hole created by the blitz

Wallace to the Pats... very very scary. No one is worried about Lloyd.

Yeah because why would you worry about a receiver who will probably get you 1200 + yards and 8-12 TDS Oh I forgot Revis covers all the Pats WR's and the TE's as well

Brandon Lloyd ? seriously ?

Not sure how you mean this Larz but Brandon Lloyd is a pretty damn good WR he was a late bloomer but this is certainly not good for us. Seems most teams in the NFL know the value of a good WR in todays NFL except the ****in Jets

Pats sign Lloyd, Bills sign Mario Williams, and we sign Drew Stanton. Woo-hoo. Looking forward to a great season.

I remember listening to everyone bashing the Giants all last off season. Must have been cool for them to take that and then sweet sweet redemption. Meanwhile the Jets are stars every off season. So you know, whatevs. I have no problem with laying back for once. We'll see.

Archived