Ryan Clark says NO ONE wants to play for the Dolphins

Lego My Lageman

Cue the Jets fans saying nobody wants to join our circus.

LOL yeah. I think the Fins have a lot more $$$ under the cap than us. Really pathetic they haven't gotten anything done. Though they did get that guy Soliai (?) back on their d-line. Then again we got our guy back there too.

Dolphins are bottom of the barrel. I thought we at least had a head on the Bengals but not so. So that's cool. At least there's always the Dolphins.

Why do people keep ignoring the $$$ issue? We don't have the cap room to throw around big bucks right now. I mean people keep acting as if there's something OTHER than money which is more important to every player out there. Oh, really? Then why the hell would Mario Williams choose to go to friggin Buffalo of all places?

Why do people keep ignoring the $$$ issue? We don't have the cap room to throw around big bucks right now. I mean people keep acting as if there's something OTHER than money which is more important to every player out there. Oh, really? Then why the hell would Mario Williams choose to go to friggin Buffalo of all places?

Haha fair enough. I was just feeding the fire a bit. Money aside Jets are probably an intriguing destination pending the player. This is probably a bad year though considering the off field issues that got so much national attention.

Haha fair enough. I was just feeding the fire a bit. Money aside Jets are probably an intriguing destination pending the player. This is probably a bad year though considering the off field issues that got so much national attention.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be in that offensive huddle, that's for sure!

But if I'm a safety, the thought of playing with 1) a great defensive coach and 2) in a secondary that features Revis and Cromartie... that is VERY intriguing, it'd be like saying we're going to put you in the batting order ahead of Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be in that offensive huddle, that's for sure!

But if I'm a safety, the thought of playing with 1) a great defensive coach and 2) in a secondary that features Revis and Cromartie... that is VERY intriguing, it'd be like saying we're going to put you in the batting order ahead of Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder.

That's what I was thinking too...before Meriweather and Nelson signed elsewhere. And not to beat a dead horse but yeah I know neither player was heading to next years Pro Bowl but I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

That's what I was thinking too...before Meriweather and Nelson signed elsewhere. And not to beat a dead horse but yeah I know neither player was heading to next years Pro Bowl but I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse.

I'd venture a guess that that is what was going on, then the Bengals came back and offered Nelson more money and he took the extra cash + ease of staying put over what he would get here... which makes sense both from his perspective as well as from Tannenbaum's.

Would signing Atogwe be such a bad "consolation prize" for the Jets. It was one season ago everyone here wanted him. One season later with the Redskins (where everyone's career goes to die) that he is a sketchy signing. I'm inclined to believe he is in line for a bounce back season.

Would signing Atogwe be such a bad "consolation prize" for the Jets. It was one season ago everyone here wanted him. One season later with the Redskins (where everyone's career goes to die) that he is a sketchy signing. I'm inclined to believe he is in line for a bounce back season.

Yeah but Atogwe doesn't necessarily make the Jets younger and faster, which is what the HC was spewing about recently.

Not to mention the Bengals defense was better than ours last season, and Nelson doesn't have to learn, and try to fit in a new system, plus the fact that they have an up, and coming QB, a absolute monster at WR, a top 5 OL, and 2 1st round picks, the Bengals are going to be a really good team for the next 5 years minimum as long as Brown doesnt screw it up. They will prob draft either Miller, or the RB from VaTech with one of their 1st's, giving them the franchise RB to go along with the franchise QB, WR, combo they already have, and then look to replace Joseph with the 2nd 1st round pick, if they hit on both they will be very dangerous every year.

Yeah but Atogwe doesn't necessarily make the Jets younger and faster, which is what the HC was spewing about recently.

To me everything is lip service, the only thing I believe from these guys is do whatever it takes to win.

I still believe they will get younger and faster, they will draft a safety. ( and a certain receiver who I'll stop beating people over the head with)

The Dolphins are a mess right now, hard to think they will field a decent team for this season.

Which makes me very warm inside...

Yea maybe their offseason plan was Manning, or Barkley, and you can't get Barkley without being real bad so that would make sense lol.

All Jets fans, when you get frustrated about being a fan of the Jets for whatever reason it may be right now, just think you could be a Dolphins fan, only just be careful, and hope a Sparano run O doesn't make us really feel like a dolphins fan.

Yea maybe their offseason plan was Manning, or Barkley, and you can't get Barkley without being real bad so that would make sense lol.

All Jets fans, when you get frustrated about being a fan of the Jets for whatever reason it may be right now, just think you could be a Dolphins fan, only just be careful, and hope a Sparano run O doesn't make us really feel like a dolphins fan.

The Jets may piss me off badly at times, but I will never tear them apart like some do. AND I would never feel like a Dolphins fan... Ever.

Im actually kinda stoked to see what Sparano can squeeze out of this offense. He cant be half as inept at a gameplan and adjustments as Schotty.

The Jets may piss me off badly at times, but I will never tear them apart like some do. AND I would never feel like a Dolphins fan... Ever.

Im actually kinda stoked to see what Sparano can squeeze out of this offense. He cant be half as inept at a gameplan and adjustments as Schotty.

I'm not a fan of Sparano, and when the news first broke I was very vocal about it. But like you I'm done, I got it off my chest he is the Jets O-Coordinator, and I hope he can bring out the best in Sanchez, and get our OL back to being top 5 in the league. And I can only hope Rex does not let him abonden the Redzone plan of attack from last year, the aggressive play calling inside the RZ is what made us successful, the Tom Moore plan, the biggest knock on Sparano is his tendency to get very conservative after his so called chunk plays get his team in scoring position, and this resulted in a lot of FG attempts, FG's lose football games, you need TD's once you get down there, the Jets did that right last season, take that with Sparano's so called chunk plays, and we might have something, but like last year if we only do 1 right we are not gonna win enough games plain, and simple.

We do not have much cap room. That also means despite spending all that money we are nowhere close to putting a winning football team on the field. That

means we are overpaying quite a few players.

And then we find ways to reward Hunter and Sanchez.

At this point Mulligan has to wonder did he not suck enough to get rewarded by the JETS. If only he had allowed a few more sacks and missed a few more blocks!

I'm not a fan of Sparano, and when the news first broke I was very vocal about it. But like you I'm done, I got it off my chest he is the Jets O-Coordinator, and I hope he can bring out the best in Sanchez, and get our OL back to being top 5 in the league. And I can only hope Rex does not let him abonden the Redzone plan of attack from last year, the aggressive play calling inside the RZ is what made us successful, the Tom Moore plan, the biggest knock on Sparano is his tendency to get very conservative after his so called chunk plays get his team in scoring position, and this resulted in a lot of FG attempts, FG's lose football games, you need TD's once you get down there, the Jets did that right last season, take that with Sparano's so called chunk plays, and we might have something, but like last year if we only do 1 right we are not gonna win enough games plain, and simple.

I agree.

The main thing I keep in mind is, Schotty had basicly a free ride here with enough clout to keep on banging his head into the wall instead of simply opening the door and walking through on offense. He was kept in place when the coaching staff was shuffled around, and Rex let him do his thing once he came aboard. He may have had no choice, but regardless the offense was the same cluster phuck as it had been. It was like Schotty had noone to answer to.

With Sparano, Rex should have more say as to what he wants from the offense because Sparano will be the new face, and not the other way around. Im sure Rex saw what didnt work with this offense, and will throw his considerable weight around now that hes had some time here and get the right plan of action rolling. I dont want us to settle for FGs here, I want us to truely be a running team. I think Sparano can at least get that gameplan into action, and his players seemed to like playing for him at least. I wouldnt say that about Schotty, because there were plenty of statements being leaked out there in the past.

I hope Sparano gets the most out of Sanchez, or at least draws up well suited gameplans that lets him get comfortable out there. I think he can at least do that. I dont see us as an explosive offense as usual, but we can keep the chains moving and grinding it out. Once in the RZ we can get aggressive a-la Moore. I see no reason why we cant be a very successful offense if we control the tempo of the games.

We do not have much cap room. That also means despite spending all that money we are nowhere close to putting a winning football team on the field. That

means we are overpaying quite a few players.

And then we find ways to reward Hunter and Sanchez.

At this point Mulligan has to wonder did he not suck enough to get rewarded by the JETS. If only he had allowed a few more sacks and missed a few more blocks!

Nowhere close?

I guess "nowhere close" means a 1 win difference, since we were 8-8 last season. SMH..

That's presuming you want to ignore the winning seasons that immediately preceded that one, BTW.

Nowhere close?

I guess "nowhere close" means a 1 win difference, since we were 8-8 last season. SMH..

That's presuming you want to ignore the winning seasons that immediately preceded that one, BTW.

Yes nowhere close to winning it all!

Even those preceding seasons did not get us the championship. And the team did lose some key parts whether by choice or by plain and pure boneheaded decision making.

A 8-8 team is nowhere close to winning it all. And the way this off season has gone so far we have not made any significant improvement. We still have Wayne Hunter coming back. We still have to see how good our safeties are. We still do not have a pass rush. And our ground and pound strategy is led by Shonne Greene. Not sure if we get rid of Bart Scott and who replaces him. But you can salivate all you want on our phenomenal collection of #3 and #4 WRs with no one to stretch the field.

And all these holes despite being so close the salary cap. Its like the JETS FO blew their load and have nothing to show for it.

I know the draft is still ahead of us. But it better be the mother of all drafts!

Archived