Tebow: Exactly what we asked for.

Integrity28

Not as a team leader...but I'm sure.players feel the same way. They don't want to have answer 100 questions about Tebow, they don't want nothing to do with it.

It's on Rex to get the team under control and coach them on how to handle the situation.

Players care about winning. Diva's give a sh*t about their own opinions.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted a QB to push Sanchez (out the door). Tebow is RB who lines up in the QB slot, and its not what most Jet fans asked for. This seems more like what Woody asked for, something that will sell jerseys, generate buzz, and enchance the circus like image the Jets have earned themselves.

Perfectly said. Now if Tebow is willing to line up at TE and play TE ... he'd be one tough TE... or maybe even RB.... but controlling my offense? NO THANKS.

I really do feel good about this move. I look at our offense, and think he's going to carry the ball 10-12 times a game in some capacity. He might be the best RB we have now. Greene SUCKS. McKnight SUCKS. Powell shouldn't have been drafted. Powell was a 4th rounder.

FWIW, Charlie Casserly said Powell was the steal of the draft.

530682_691676513110_54900337_33205231_328432588_n.jpg

Hawt.

Read Cromarties twitter and if you don't think other players don't feel the same in that locker room, you're kidding your self. This WILL be a disaster IMO.

Cromartie is a moron for opening his mouth...i bet his a$$ is on his way out after this. he acts like he wasnt getting burned constantley...

What, we're going to tell the defense when we're running now? If we play Tebow, teams know we're running. Sanchez comes in, they know passing. That doesn't make sense.

If Tebow ends up replacing sanchez, Holmes goes nuts.

Again. On the coaching staff. This move and how it pans out basically defines Rex/Tannenbaum. If they can't handle it, it's going to be bye bye Rex.

If it's me Tebow stays H-Back. I have a backup QB. Tebow is an RB/Slashback. If he can't deal with that then GTFO.

It's a fine move. The issue will come when Sanchez starts sucking and then you replace him with more suck. People need to look at the Tebow move as not a QB move.

But for the exact reason you mentioned, it inevitably WILL be a QB move, which is the whole point. This trade isn't idiotic because they used it to trade from some sh*tty gimmick player who will do absolutely nothing of value for the Jets, it's idiotic because by some miracle the Jets found a way to make an already god-awful QB situation for this team even worse. It will be a QB issue, make no mistake about it, and all it will ensure is that neither guy ever has the chance to be a legit player at the position, while simultaneously guaranteeing that this sh*tbox of a franchise won't start looking for someone to be that for a number of years. Anyone who's looking at this move having absolutely no impact on the QB situation is desperately trying to convince themselves of it because of what an epic disaster they know it will inevitably be if it does. Well unless the gets lucky as hell and Sanchez plays like the league MVP all season long, it's going to affect the QB position, and when it does, his team is absolutely doomed for years to come.

What, we're going to tell the defense when we're running now? If we play Tebow, teams know we're running. Sanchez comes in, they know passing. That doesn't make sense.

We've been running variations of the wildcat for 3-5 years now. Defenses ALWAYS knew we were going to run out of it. You think putting Tebow back there in the wildcat is suddenly tipping our hand?

You realize you sound not only ridiculous, but like someone who has never watched a friggin game.

As for Holmes throwing tantrums. Really? You think Holmes' happiness matters SO much that you don't continue adding the best players to fit the running game you are trying to install? Really?

I wanted a QB to push Sanchez (out the door). Tebow is RB who lines up in the QB slot, and its not what most Jet fans asked for. This seems more like what Woody asked for, something that will sell jerseys, generate buzz, and enchance the circus like image the Jets have earned themselves.

this is what Sparano asked for. the dude is all about the wildcat.

you'd be surprised. Every locker room can use a Tebow.

Yep. People undervaluing commitment, heart, guts and a humble attitude have probably never played team sports. If so, they didn't play on a good team would be my guess. Or they themselves were the cancer.

If Sanchez is playing that poorly that he has to be replaced, Homes will be going nuts....

When he was in last year everyone expected him to just run. He wasn't elite. But he can generate positive plays and gives another aspect to the offense we didn't really have last year. Do people forget what the offense operated like with Brad Smith? And he didn't even throw.

It doesn't make us a top 10 offense, but it'll help on field. The off-field stuff terrifies me but that's more on us as fans not to be ******* retarded and scream for Tebow to start.

But for the exact reason you mentioned, it inevitably WILL be a QB move, which is the whole point. This trade isn't idiotic because they used it to trade from some sh*tty gimmick player who will do absolutely nothing of value for the Jets, it's idiotic because by some miracle the Jets found a way to make an already god-awful QB situation for this team even worse. It will be a QB issue, make no mistake about it, and all it will ensure is that neither guy ever has the chance to be a legit player at the position, while simultaneously guaranteeing that this sh*tbox of a franchise won't start looking for someone to be that for a number of years. Anyone who's looking at this move having absolutely no impact on the QB situation is desperately trying to convince themselves of it because of what an epic disaster they know it will inevitably be if it does. Well unless the gets lucky as hell and Sanchez plays like the league MVP all season long, it's going to affect the QB position, and when it does, his team is absolutely doomed for years to come.

It's a QB move because Jets fans are ******* stupid. I don't see it that way. Until Tim Tebow is the starter it's not a QB move.

In all seriousness, this IS a good gamble for this franchise where it is right now.

Perhaps Tebow even builds on his 4th round value and we flip him off in a couple of years. There's many different roads this can go and alot of them are positive. I have zero issue with this deal. It's smart man...Like OP said, it fits here.

This team is going to be insanely interesting come August and then the Fall. I instantly give a crap about 2012 football. The 4th is the kicker...Athletes are what you use 4th round picks on and this is one hell of an athlete.

Is he going to start healing players on the field?

Yep. People undervaluing commitment, heart, guts and a humble attitude have probably never played team sports. If so, they didn't play on a good team would be my guess. Or they themselves were the cancer.

And anyone who thinks adding a dogsh*t player because he's a swell guy is going actually to do sh*t for the prospects of this team are ******* idiots.

It's a QB move because Jets fans are ******* stupid. I don't see it that way. Until Tim Tebow is the starter it's not a QB move.

Ha, I won't argue that, but the point you seem to forget is, so is the Jets front office and coaching staff. It will be only a matter of time after the Jets fans kick up with their moronic nonsense before the team caves and makes the move that sends themselves into a period of endless guaranteed failure until they rid themselves of their GM, head coach and 2 QBs.

And anyone who thinks adding a dogsh*t player because he's a swell guy is going actually to do sh*t for the prospects of this team are ******* idiots.

The fact that you've convinced yourself he's a dogsh*t player is amusing. Go to youtube, watch him run. Ignored the passing part. We didn't bring him here for that.

Ha, I won't argue that, but the point you seem to forget is, so is the Jets front office and coaching staff. It will be only a matter of time after the Jets fans kick up with their moronic nonsense before the team caves and makes the move that sends themselves into a period of endless guaranteed failure until they rid themselves of their GM, head coach and 2 QBs.

I'd just handle it from the get go "Tim is here to fill certain roles. Our QB's are Sanchez and Stanton. The end."

The fact that you've convinced yourself he's a dogsh*t player is amusing. Go to youtube, watch him run. Ignored the passing part. We didn't bring him here for that.

Regardless of what you think he was brought here for, you're as idiotically naive as the Jets FO if you think that will make one damn bit of difference. Trading a 4th round pick for a slow, mediocre, backup RB who is horrendously awful at his real supposed position is a stupid move to begin with. When you combine it with the fact that, barring an MVP season from Sanchez, it will undoubtedly lead to years of QB controversy between the league's two worst at the position, it becomes the single dumbest move they could have made. Outside of more of this bullsh*t "intangible" nonsense, there isn't any real argument that has been made, or can be made that shows this being anything that will have a legitimate positive outcome on this team, while carrying huge amounts of risk over what a disaster it can, and most likely will, be for years and years to come.

I'd just handle it from the get go "Tim is here to fill certain roles. Our QB's are Sanchez and Stanton. The end."

Are me and you thinking of the same Jets team? Do you honestly believe there's a chance in hell if Sanchez has a bad run and these guys starting fearing for their jobs they won't cave in to the crowd of idiots who will be pining for this heap of garbage?

Are me and you thinking of the same Jets team? Do you honestly believe there's a chance in hell if Sanchez has a bad run and these guys starting fearing for their jobs they won't cave in to the crowd of idiots who will be pining for this heap of garbage?

I said ME. This is like 1 hour old. I'm looking at it as a football move and we'll see how this plays out.

Regardless of what you think he was brought here for, you're as idiotically naive as the Jets FO if you think that will make one damn bit of difference. Trading a 4th round pick for a slow, mediocre, backup RB who is horrendously awful at his real supposed position is a stupid move to begin with. When you combine it with the fact that, barring an MVP season from Sanchez, it will undoubtedly lead to years of QB controversy between the league's two worst at the position, it becomes the single dumbest move they could have made. Outside of more of this bullsh*t "intangible" nonsense, there isn't any real argument that has been made, or can be made that shows this being anything that will have a legitimate positive outcome on this team, while carrying huge amounts of risk over what a disaster it can, and most likely will, be for years and years to come.

I think Tebow is a good fit for our wildcat... and you call me naive, then follow it up by stringing together 3-4 season worth of conjecture about what might happen if this, that and the other thing happen.

Yeah, I'm the one being idiotic. Keep bringing the mellowdrama though, its funny.

Broncos called 84 designed rushes for Tebow, he averaged 4.3 ypc w/ 5 TDs

Are you listening to yourself? I can't think of a single team that has a better QB as the backup, can you? Tebow / Stanton >> Brunell / McElroy as backups. The added benefit of having Tebow is you can get him on the field in other capacities.

Your tirade is full of fail.

When he was in last year everyone expected him to just run. He wasn't elite. But he can generate positive plays and gives another aspect to the offense we didn't really have last year. Do people forget what the offense operated like with Brad Smith? And he didn't even throw.

It doesn't make us a top 10 offense, but it'll help on field. The off-field stuff terrifies me but that's more on us as fans not to be ******* retarded and scream for Tebow to start.

At least you could sneak Smith onto the field, since he was capable of playing WR too...

Cromartie is a moron for opening his mouth...i bet his a$$ is on his way out after this. he acts like he wasnt getting burned constantley...

But who will they replace him with at Free Safety ?

The only move could be Cro being traded because he has zero heart and cannot tackle.

But given the JETS F.O's on par for this off season they will even screw this move and end up trading him for a 7th rounder!

Are you listening to yourself? I can't think of a single team that has a better QB as the backup, can you? Tebow / Stanton >> Brunell / McElroy as backups. The added benefit of having Tebow is you can get him on the field in other capacities.

Your tirade is full of fail.

The problem is the QBs are incapable of running the same system... so if one goes down (whichever one starts, doesn't matter), what do we do that game?

Broncos called 84 designed rushes for Tebow, he averaged 4.3 ypc w/ 5 TDs

Dude is a beast. He's the epitome of ground and pound.

Little known fact. Tim Tebow was the most efficient Red Zone QB in the league.

Literally no downside tot his trade. Zero.

I'm not quite sure who made the dumber move here: The Broncos, who just traded away their no. 1 pick and the QB that got your crappy team in to the playoffs last year (and yes, that was a rare case where one guy, Tebow, was the only reason why the team made the playoffs) to start a 37 year old QB in Manning (I think that's how old he is) who's coming off a potentially career ending injury and maybe has two seasons left in him, if that?

The Jets: The only reason the Jets want Tebow that I can think of is to play him in the wildcat formation that Sparano likes so much, but is way outdated and doesn't take any team by surprise anymore (every team has a defense specifically for the WC formation). He certainly doesn't have a better arm than Sanchez (and Sanchez' armisn't that great to begin with). As someone else said in this thread, I say the Jets should package him with Hunter or Ducasse and get a pro-bowl-calibur OT or G or something.

Besides, the Patriots figured out how to stop Tebow in the playoffs. It doesn't take teams too long to adjust to someone like him.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

This move does not make sense at all.

Tebow did well in the first 8 games. But it was based on defenses inability to defend the option play properly. Once the league figured it out he went 1-4 or something like that.

His yards per run dropped significantly and the Broncos offense looked anemic. In the playoffs they threw deep for quite a few plays to stretch the field.

At the end of the day calling this move boneheaded is an insult to boneheaded moves!

Archived