What if we did trade Revis...?

Integrity28

I think the guy is great but, as many have said, he does offer that Herschel Walker trade potential.

Let's say, hypothetically, that we do trade him to the Vikings for the #3 overall.

*We give up Revis and our 2012 5th + 7th rounder. We get #3 overall, 2012 2nd rounder (#35), and 2013 2nd rounder that can become a 1st.

**Then we trade back from #16 a few spots and pick up another, 4th or 5th rounder with a team like the Browns.

So, what if we end up with a draft similar to this - addressing those needs in some particular order (maybe not the players whose names I filled in, but adding CB, S, WR, RB, OLB in the first 5 picks):

R1 - #3 from Vikings* (Trent Richardson, RB)

R1 - #16 traded to Browns for #22 + 4th rounder

R1 - #22 from Browns** (Dre Kirkpatrick, CB)

R2 - #35 from Vikings* (Chandler Jones, OLB/DE)

R2 - #47 (Alshon Jeffrey, WR)

R3 - #77 (Brandon Taylor, S)

R4 - Tebow

R4 - from Browns** (OL depth)

R5 - traded to Vikings*

R6 from Colts (LB depth)

R6 comp (blocking TE)

R6 comp (raw WR)

R7 from Broncos - traded to Vikings*

R7 comp (best available)

R7 comp (best available)

R1/R2 - extra first or second rounder from Vikings*

--

I wouldn't be crushed to lose Revis if we ended up re-loading at all 5 of those positions.

It would.

I think we should trade you for Doug Jolley.

I have a no trade clause.

and why does everyone keep talking about trading Revis? I thought it was clear that the salary cap hit would make it inconceivable.

I think the guy is great but, as many have said, he does offer that Herschel Walker trade potential.

Let's say, hypothetically, that we do trade him to the Vikings for the #3 overall.

*We give up Revis and our 2012 5th + 7th rounder. We get #3 overall, 2012 2nd rounder (#35), and 2013 2nd rounder that can become a 1st.

**Then we trade back from #16 a few spots and pick up another, 4th or 5th rounder with a team like the Browns.

So, what if we end up with a draft similar to this - addressing those needs in some particular order (maybe not the players whose names I filled in, but adding CB, S, WR, RB, OLB in the first 5 picks):

R1 - #16 traded to Browns for #22 + 4th rounder

R1 - #22 from Browns** (Dre Kirkpatrick, CB)

R2 - #35 from Vikings* (Chandler Jones, OLB/DE)

R4 - Tebow

R4 - from Browns** (OL depth)

R5 - traded to Vikings*

R6 from Colts (LB depth)

R6 comp (blocking TE)

R6 comp (raw WR)

R7 from Broncos - traded to Vikings*

R7 comp (best available)

R7 comp (best available)

R1/R2 - extra first or second rounder from Vikings*

--

I wouldn't be crushed to lose Revis if we ended up re-loading at all 5 of those positions.

Dont trade back from the 16 spot, take Mercilus. Then take Janoris Jenkins in the second instead of Jones who won't be there anyway. That'd be perfect.

EDIT: Maybe take a RT in the 3rd like Sanders or Schwartz

I have a no trade clause.

and why does everyone keep talking about trading Revis? I thought it was clear that the salary cap hit would make it inconceivable.

I understand the cap hit part of it. It is a hypothetical conversation, there is a small minority of people here capable of discussing front office strategies, positional value, drafting, and loyalty without automatically flipping out and thinking just because its being talked about that it is an impending doomsday scenario that they must argue about needlessly.

I was hoping to have one of those discussion, because most of the other threads devolve into some dumb ongoing debate that has no endpoint.

So, frame this thread as a "if we could trade Revis, then what would we get for him, and how would we change the team?" sort of discussion.

Dont trade back from the 16 spot, take Mercilus. Then take Janoris Jenkins in the second instead of Jones who won't be there anyway. That'd be perfect.

Cool. Yeah, like I said - I don't care which players names we fill in, I just see it as a means to make 5 selections in the first 3 rounds, plus adding an additional 1/2 rounder next year. Which we can always put to good use on the OL.

under your scenario, dre kirkpatrick would be our week 1 starter at CB, assuming he made it to #22?

Cro, Kyle Wilson, Kirkpatrick - sure.

Like I said, I'm not locked onto those individuals, so much as addressing those needs. In a nutshell, I think we can fix a lot in the first 3 rounds... the WR, CB, S and OLB picks could be juggled around depending on who you like at those spots in the draft obviously.

We could go...

R1 - #16 (OLB - Upshaw, Coples, best available player?)

R2 - #35 from Vikings* (Janoris Jenkins, CB)

R1 - #16 (Michael Floyd, WR)

R2 - #35 from Vikings* (Janoris Jenkins, CB)

R2 - #47 (OLB)

R1 - #3 from Vikings* (Claiborne, CB)

R1 - #16 (OLB)

R2 - #35 from Vikings* (Stephen Hill, Randle, Jeffrey, WR)

R2 - #47 (RB)

We trade Revis:

Then cut Pace, Mangold and Harris to accommodate the $15 mil cap hit

Then draft Claiborne

Then go 1-15.

Perfect position to draft a .............. wait for it......................not yet.........................................be patient.............................................make me a sandwich please................................Im fat move slow.............................................................getting closer....................give me a second.....................................gotta pee..................

QB !!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect position to draft a .............. wait for it......................not yet.........................................be patient.............................................make me a sandwich please................................Im fat move slow.............................................................getting closer....................give me a second.....................................gotta pee..................

QB !!!!!!!!!!!

The bad news: the #1 QB prospect next year is a 6'2" USC product.

Sorry I must have missed the "jokes forum"

Dude if this happened Jets stock would fall so low I'd purchase the damn team.

Derp derp, derp derp derp, derp-der-derp derp derp.

Definitely missed the "hypothetical" part.

Yup.

Archived