Sparano vs. Schottenheimer

rkw522

jets fans have never, and will never, like the OC

first fire sparano thread will be about week 3

Any fan that gets on Sparano in week three is an Idiot. This team has to learn a new offense, work in some new players, and fix O-Line issues, this does not happen overnight. Sometimes you get lucky and things fall into place fast, and that would be great, but the real judging will come as we get closer to mid season. The only way for coaches to evaluate whats going on is when the real games start, adjustments are made, and the team moves forward.

Any fan that gets on Sparano in week three is an Idiot. This team has to learn a new offense, work in some new players, and fix O-Line issues, this does not happen overnight. Sometimes you get lucky and things fall into place fast, and that would be great, but the real judging will come as we get closer to mid season. The only way for coaches to evaluate whats going on is when the real games start, adjustments are made, and the team moves forward.

I hated the Sparano hiring, but not because of the coach he is, but because I believed the Jets should have gone after someone who ran a Kubiak style offense like Mark thrived in at USC, but that's over and done with, and I definitely like Sparano as strictly the offensive coach, the offense he installs I'm still skeptical it can win a SB in today's NFL, but it seams, and is no surprise that the Jet offensive players RESPECT Sparano, and I don't believe that was not the case with Schotty, and between the lack of respect, and unnecessary, confusing, lack of direction, over analyzed, and one big piece of sh*t of a playbook, was a huge part of Mark, and the offensive problems not just last year, but the prior 2 years also. I think the older Sparano who takes no sh*t, and treats EVERYONE the same (yes you to Mr. Sanchez) will really progress Mark's maturity IMO, and hopefully that leads to a much better Mark Sanchez the QB.

Ah finally real football talk is back, and hopefully the circus from the Tebow signing is completely behind us here at Jetnation, and I can enjoy the site once again.

I hated the Sparano hiring, but not because of the coach he is, but because I believed the Jets should have gone after someone who ran a Kubiak style offense like Mark thrived in at USC, but that's over and done with, and I definitely like Sparano as strictly the offensive coach, the offense he installs I'm still skeptical it can win a SB in today's NFL, but it seams, and is no surprise that the Jet offensive players RESPECT Sparano, and I don't believe that was not the case with Schotty, and between the lack of respect, and unnecessary, confusing, lack of direction, over analyzed, and one big piece of sh*t of a playbook, was a huge part of Mark, and the offensive problems not just last year, but the prior 2 years also. I think the older Sparano who takes no sh*t, and treats EVERYONE the same (yes you to Mr. Sanchez) will really progress Mark's maturity IMO, and hopefully that leads to a much better Mark Sanchez the QB.

Ah finally real football talk is back, and hopefully the circus from the Tebow signing is completely behind us here at Jetnation, and I can enjoy the site once again.

I agree 100%.

Not thrilled with this new ground and pound concept when the Jets really don't have a ground and pound line. Not thrilled with the wildcat playing an even larger role on offense. Prior to reading this article, I didn't realize how limited Sparano's play calling experience is, so that's another concern.

But his no nonsense style, and just win your matchup play book are both very welcome changes. Let the defense get fancy, the offense needs fundamentals and discipline right now more than anything else.

Is this based on Schottenheimer with out without Tom Moore?

Well without Tom Moore you pretty much erase all the success Schittenheimer had here. Moore fixed the red zone issues last year, as we all know, finally allowing the Jets to have a pretty passing stat line somewhere on offense (which we also know is the Ultimate Goal).

I have no problem with Sporano. I do have a problem with the QBs (mostly Sanchez, the one who's been here, and the many before him), who have dragged the offenses down for years. They need to stop sucking that way the Jets can take the Next Step.

I also think the changes being made are over played, but I don't think anyone will agree with that. They've been a Groundz and Poundz team for the majority of Sanchez's career here. Last year, they tried to force the issue on him actually being a Big Boy QB, but the wee lass couldn't handle it. The injury hits on the interior OL did not help, nor did the two tackles putting up arguably their worst seasons as pros.

Now he's got two new OL coaches to solve the OL problem, a brand spanking new 6'4" 225 4.3 running WR, and the two really good pass catchers he's had for two+ years now (CONTINUITY!). Not only that, but his C should be healthy and good to go, Slauson will be healthy and good to go, D'Brick will still be amongst the best pass blockers in the leaue, and the right side of the OL has two veterans who usually haven't sucked during their career (with a 6'5 330 pound athletic monster possibly there to take a failure's place).

My difference between Schottenheimer and Sporano is that Sporano will be a better teacher. I think Schottenheimer was a "we're all pros here...do *this*" kind of coach, and that made babies cry. I think Sporano being an older, not vying to be a HC ever again coach will be more hands on with the young players. I also think they'll try passing more than anyone wants to admit, and the offense will be like 2010s with a (hopefully) more mature (and therefore productive?) QB.

Well without Tom Moore you pretty much erase all the success Schittenheimer had here. Moore fixed the red zone issues last year, as we all know, finally allowing the Jets to have a pretty passing stat line somewhere on offense (which we also know is the Ultimate Goal).

It sounds like a nice story but Moore's prescence/influence was highly over-stated. Im not a big Sanchez guy but at the end of the day far more credit belongs to him and Plax.

It sounds like a nice story but Moore's prescence/influence was highly over-stated. Im not a big Sanchez guy but at the end of the day far more credit belongs to him and Plax.

I think it's darn near impossible to overstate Moore's influence. It was highly noticeable.

Plaxico was and is a thug turd bum who might have been very mean to Sanchez.

I think it's darn near impossible to overstate Moore's influence. It was highly noticeable.

Plaxico was and is a thug turd bum who might have been very mean to Sanchez.

Aside from Plax being a thug, your 100% wrong.

Again it sounds like a nice story but if you think Tom Moore had a "major" influence, Ive got a bridge to sell you.

Lets see how great Sparano is once we actually play some games. It means nothing right now on what the players are saying.

The proof is how they do on the field. With that we have no idea how its going to work with Sparano. Was a move necessary? yep. Hopefully Sparano is the right move. If not, well... more mediocre football.

Jets fans are obsessively hateful to OC's... this one will be no different.

Aside from Plax being a thug, your 100% wrong.

Again it sounds like a nice story but if you think Tom Moore had a "major" influence, Ive got a bridge to sell you.

So what you're telling me is that you didn't see Tom Moore's influence?

SOMEONE is blind, but I'm not going to say WHO. Cough*KINGDIRK*Cough

I agree 100%.

Not thrilled with this new ground and pound concept when the Jets really don't have a ground and pound line. Not thrilled with the wildcat playing an even larger role on offense. Prior to reading this article, I didn't realize how limited Sparano's play calling experience is, so that's another concern.

But his no nonsense style, and just win your matchup play book are both very welcome changes. Let the defense get fancy, the offense needs fundamentals and discipline right now more than anything else.

Ground and pound is a nice TC philosophy. But no team can run the ball all day in this NFL. They will try it until it fails (probably a matter of who they are scheduled against--if they have a couple softies early they will run it down their throats), then they will throw the ball more. I don't know why teams say the things they do. They should just say that they are going to try and score as many points as they can.

Archived