Spurs vs Thunder series thread

Blackout

Ha. It is annoying the media portrays the Spurs as a throwback, they do it the right way team. Then we see Parker get badly stripped by Harden and proceeds to take a superman dive and then pretends his wrist fell off. Someone needs to call them out too.

Duncan's t-rex arms/look of confusion act has officially played itself out too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talent wise OKC is the best team in the league easily. The Spurs getting this far and having the season they had is pretty unreal. That team isnt that talented.

I wouldnt got that far. They have an MVP caliber PG, a HOF PF, and versatile scorer in Manu w/ a deep bench. They have talent...its just the OKC has 3 borderline 4 superstars.

FWIW - if I'm starting a team from scratch today, I'm taking Durant.

I wouldnt got that far. They have an MVP caliber PG, a HOF PF, and versatile scorer in Manu w/ a deep bench. They have talent...its just the OKC has 3 borderline 4 superstars.

FWIW - if I'm starting a team from scratch today, I'm taking Durant.

Durant is awesome, but that team is so crazy talented anyways. Durant doesnt even touch the ball down the stretch. Harden's 3 for the win last night was the best shot I've seen this playoffs.

It's absurdly hypocritical to hate on Miami and then pull for the Spurs. Manu and Parker are just as shameless with this bullsh*t. Parker just slamming his chin into Westbrook's shoulder and then falling down is about as bad as we've seen this postseason.

They're European, it's practically expected. That and to me the flopping seems much more augmented by the fact that Lebron and somewhat Wade, but mostly Lebron, are such physical freaks. I just don't get where it comes from; you'd think acting like a punkass bitch is the exact opposite of the NBA culture. If they wanna be hard and called a freight train, you gotta be like Hanesborough and just check your nose for blood and hop right back up...that's a G.

Has any team ever hit this well on 4 straight first rounders? 3 of these guys are top-15 players already.

No, but strictly looking at WS/48, Utah drafting Thurl Bailey/Stockton/Malone/Dell Curry wins out (0.168 to 0.151), based on the absurdly high numbers from Stockton and Malone. Obviously, it's skewed since the OKC guys aren't even in their prime yet, so you'd have to revisit it when their careers are over. The next best I could think of was Wayman Tisdale/Chuck Person/Reggie Miller/Rik Smits.

What's crazy is that Utah actually drafted Dominique the year before Thurl Bailey. If they hadn't (stupidly) traded him, you'd be looking at a total WS/48 of 0.175 over that 4-year period.

Durant is awesome, but that team is so crazy talented anyways. Durant doesnt even touch the ball down the stretch. Harden's 3 for the win last night was the best shot I've seen this playoffs.

You could pick one of those three at random and build a team around them. It's freaking ridiculous.

You could pick one of those three at random and build a team around them. It's freaking ridiculous.

I wonder. It seems like Durant is the glue that holds those guys together. Westbrook flipped his entire attitude the past year. I'm not so sure that happens anywhere else. What makes all of these guys so good, at least right now, is that KD lets everyone on the floor play to their strengths at all times, and in turn they respect when it's time to defer to him. If Westbrook lands in Minnesota, I'm not so sure he's the player that he is right now. It honestly looks like there's a true air of appreciation towards his teammates and the fans this year and that's what's fueled him.

I wonder. It seems like Durant is the glue that holds those guys together. Westbrook flipped his entire attitude the past year. I'm not so sure that happens anywhere else. What makes all of these guys so good, at least right now, is that KD lets everyone on the floor play to their strengths at all times, and in turn they respect when it's time to defer to him. If Westbrook lands in Minnesota, I'm not so sure he's the player that he is right now. It honestly looks like there's a true air of appreciation towards his teammates and the fans this year and that's what's fueled him.

I agree with the bold. I haven't watched enough OKC over the last couple years to have an informed opinion on the rest. I do think that Durant's lack of a Kobe-alpha-male complex definitely helps everyone else on the roster.

Westbrook is already playing this well and hasn't quite figured out how best to play point guard. I think he's going to be silly good sooner rather than later.

That T on Jackson was completely unacceptable. It's the ******* playoffs. Jesus Christ with the refs this year.

Was truly unbelievable, what did he do aside from look at the bench? Holy ****.

Durant is just amazing, that 3 to finish the half was sick.

Archived