biggest holes left to fill

kay_gee

If you want to give me 5:1 odds that the Jets will score less than 200 points this season on offense...I will bet you 100 bucks.

lmfao 5:1? Some backbone. lol

The Jets are going to score 177 less pts because they lost Plaxico Burress. This is awesome. Thanks for this btw.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to give me 5:1 odds that the Jets will score less than 200 points this season on offense...I will bet you 100 bucks.

sounds like you are only 20% sure of your bold predictions.lol. ayways, while i might agree with you that the offense would be better with a more dynamic back, greene far from "sucks" and the offense will be fine this year. historically bad is quite a statement

sounds like you are only 20% sure of your bold predictions.lol. ayways, while i might agree with you that the offense would be better with a more dynamic back, greene far from "sucks" and the offense will be fine this year. historically bad is quite a statement

ha. No point in making a bet if I dont clean up on a win.

Sure it could be a stretch, whatever...its my gut feeling right now. The Jets offense was hard to watch last season. I dont see Sporano or Stephen Hill changing it that much. Hunter is still here. Greene is a plodder. Sanchez has given me no reason to think he'll be any better. Holmes is Holmes.

ha. No point in making a bet if I dont clean up on a win.

Sure it could be a stretch, whatever...its my gut feeling right now. The Jets offense was hard to watch last season. I dont see Sporano or Stephen Hill changing it that much. Hunter is still here. Greene is a plodder. Sanchez has given me no reason to think he'll be any better. Holmes is Holmes.

For as bad as they were, they were still ranked 13th in scoring. And I believe #1 in Red Zone efficiency at one point.

Just dont see how on earth they could get worse. Its the same team plus a deep threat minus Plax. If Hunter can go find the 2010 version...the only glaring hole is ****ing blocking TE.

I'm on record saying Sanchez has a breakout year, so I'm expecting a turn around offensively but even when I'm in my ultimate h8r mode, I'd never think that badly. lol

For as bad as they were, they were still ranked 13th in scoring. And I believe #1 in Red Zone efficiency at one point.

Just dont see how on earth they could get worse. Its the same team plus a deep threat minus Plax. If Hunter can go find the 2010 version...the only glaring hole is ****ing blocking TE.

I'm on record saying Sanchez has a breakout year, so I'm expecting a turn around offensively but even when I'm in my ultimate h8r mode, I'd never think that badly. lol

Watching sh*t offenses for so long has hurt my brain. You watch other teams pass the ball and its like watching a different sport.

I dont see Sanchez breaking out and I dont see Hill being a threat just yet.

Watching sh*t offenses for so long has hurt my brain. You watch other teams pass the ball and its like watching a different sport.

I dont see Sanchez breaking out and I dont see Hill being a threat just yet.

I just have a weird feeling Tony S is going to bring to the offense some discipline which I think was the biggest problem last year. We've got talent, despite what many say, we just needed a ball buster who can crack the whip.

I was on record saying I wanted a former HC as our OC. Didnt think Tony S would be the guy but for I feel like what he brings to the table is something we need. A back to basics, no bull sh*t, beat the man in front of you offense. I also like that since he was a HC in the same division, he can looked outside in first.

I just have a weird feeling Tony S is going to bring to the offense some discipline which I think was the biggest problem last year. We've got talent, despite what many say, we just needed a ball buster who can crack the whip.

I was on record saying I wanted a former HC as our OC. Didnt think Tony S would be the guy but for I feel like what he brings to the table is something we need. A back to basics, no bull sh*t, beat the man in front of you offense. I also like that since he was a HC in the same division, he can looked outside in first.

I hear ya.

BG went on one of his usual ****y all over the place rants and hasnt followed up regarding the bet....what do you think?

No odds, just a 50 dollar gentlemen's bet. Jets offense over/under 200 points scored.

I hear ya.

BG went on one of his usual ****y all over the place rants and hasnt followed up regarding the bet....what do you think?

No odds, just a 50 dollar gentlemen's bet. Jets offense over/under 200 points scored.

I'll take that all day long. There is absolutely no way on earth the Jets only average 12.5pts a game.

I hear ya.

I don't generally bet, but I'll gladly take that $50 off your hands.

Just because the Jets didnt go make a bunch of FA's splashes like some other teams ;-), doesnt mean they didnt address them. They drafted a RB, a T, signed 2 safeties and drafted 2 and signed a couple of FA TE's.

And I know this is crazy but some teams actually have faith in players to show up who've kept on the roster from previous seasons.

The Jets drafted a S (Bush), a RB (Ganaway), and an OG (Griffin) in the 6th and another S (Allen) in the 7th. Late rounders like that are mainly developmental players who may NOT even make the team, much less make contributions as rookies on anything except ST. The Jests did NOT draft an OT unless they plan on moving Griffin outside.

Having faith in Wayne Hunter may result in Tim Tebow's early promotion to starter. The Jets play some teams with big pass rushes the first part of the season.

The Jets drafted a S (Bush), a RB (Ganaway), and an OG (Griffin) in the 6th and another S (Allen) in the 7th. Late rounders like that are mainly developmental players who may NOT even make the team, much less make contributions as rookies on anything except ST. The Jests did NOT draft an OT unless they plan on moving Griffin outside.

Having faith in Wayne Hunter may result in Tim Tebow's early promotion to starter. The Jets play some teams with big pass rushes the first part of the season.

The Jets had faith in Wayne Hunter in 2010 and he shined. They changed their blocking schemes last season and he was horrible. I think he'll bounce back just fine in a power blocking scheme. At 6'6, 325, Griffin can play both positions. Not to mention so can Slauson as well and Vlad (if he ever comes around) and they picked up Schlauderaff to play G if that was to take place.

At safety, they picked up 2 FA's along w/ their development draft picks.

At RB, they have a ton of options from previous drafts and this years. Did you know Fred Jackson was an undrafted development project who came out in 2003 but didnt come on to 2007?

Point being, going out and spending an arm and a leg on a big name for a guy who didnt play but 5 games last season - isnt always the answer.

You might want to build in an early buyout option in the event Tebow gets 6+ starts.

Oh really??

LOOK AT THE ACTUAL 'PASSING' RESULTS:

PM - 26 TD's to 28 Ints
.9 to 1 Ratio
- Peyton's first 16 Starts (Peyton's HoF Career TD/Int Ratio is 2 to 1)

MS - 12 TD's to 20 Ints for a
.6 to 1 Ratio
- Mark's first 16 Starts

TT >>> 17 TD's to 9 Ints for a
1.9 to 1 Ratio
- Tim's first 16 Starts + 12 backup plays.
(plus 12 rushing TD's to 6 LPF's)

Tebow's Total Offense = 29 TD'/s to 15 Turnovers for a 1.93 to 1 Ratio

Who is really the most
'accurate'
QB.

Who can
read the defensive secondary

? (TD/Int Ratio)

The media-morons and the idiot-commentators have led most of the public astray with their ignorant parroting of each others baseless nonsense.

Do fans really believe that Tim won't improve with time, given the right coaches and teammates?

If you want to believe that, then don't listen to what his current coaches and teammates are saying....

PS

Want to compare Tebow's to Manning's 1'st Playoff games?

1999 (Peyton's 2nd year in the league and his 33rd 'every advantage' start)

Passing - 19 of 42, 45.2% for 227 yds, 5.4 yds/att, 0 TD's, 0 Ints, P
ER 62.3

Rushing - 2 for 22 yds, 11 ypc, 1 TD.

Total Offense - 44 plays for 249 yds, 5.6 yds/play, 1 TD with a loss.

2011 (Tebow's 2nd year in the league but only his 15th start against the Steelers #1 Defense)

Passing - 10 of 21, 47.6% for 316 yds, 15.0 yds/att, 2 TD's, 0 Ints, P
ER 125.6

Rushing - 10 for 50 yds, 5.0 ypc 1 TD.

Total Offense - 31 plays for 366 yds, 11.3 yds/play, 3 TD's for a Win.

Some rookie comparisons to consider,,,,
Not Praise at all,
just the straight up
STATS/FACTS
:

Passing - QB John Elway - 123 of 259, 47.8% for 1,663 yds, 6.4 ypa,
7 TD's, 14 Ints, PER 54.9

Elway Rushing - 28 for 146 yds, 5.2 ypc, 1 TD.

FB Mike 'A-Train' Alstott - 96 for 377 yds, 3.9 ypc, 3 TD's

Combined Rushing - 124 for 423 yds,
3.4 ypc,
4 TD's.

==================

Passing - QB Troy Aikman - 155 of 293, 52.9% for 1,749 yds, 6.0 ypa,
9 TD's, 18 Ints, PER 55.7

Aikman Rushing - 38 for 302, 7.9 ypc, 0 TD's

RB Emmitt Smith - 241 for 937 yds, 3.9 ypc, 11 TD's.

Combined Rushing - 379 for 1,239 yds,
4.4 ypc,
11 TD's.

==================

Passing - QB Mark Sanchez - 196 of 364, 53.8% for 2,444 yds, 6.7 ypa,
TD's to 20 Ints, PER 63.0

Sanchez Rushing - 30 for 105 yds, 3.5 ypa, 3 TD's.

RB Tony Dorset - 208 for 1,007 yds, 4.8 ypc 12 TD's.

Combined Rushing - 238 for 1,112 yds,
4.7 ypc,
15 TD's.

==================

Tebow's 2010/11 Split '
cold off the bench' S
easons with a lockout on 16 Starts + 12 backup plays:

Passing - QB Tim Tebow - 167 of 353, 47.3% for 2,383 yds, 6.8 ypa, 1
7 TD's, 9 Ints, PER 75.1

Tebow all by himself - Rushing - 165 for 887 yds,
5.4 ypc
, 12 TD's.

==============

Do the comparisons with the above for yourselves:

QB PER & TD/Int Ratios (shows the throwing accuracy and reading defenses much better than a pass completion % ever will)

QB + RB's YPC and TD's.

Keeping in mind that Tim was also
'taking a beating running the ball'
while he was also doing the passing!

I just wonder how he'd do with his passing if he'd had a great OL and Pro Bowl receivers if he wasn't having to also run the ball?

Now, don't just drivel on with unfounded 'opinions' about how bad Tim is as a QB or as just a passer, back it up with some actual facts/stats for a change.

Tebow - Florida HS Record setting State champion, now elected to the
FLA HS All Century Team.
Set the
Florida HS Career Passing TD's Record with 99 TD's
, among his many other records.

Tebow - University of Florida - 2X SEC Champion and 2X BCS-NC, Academic Heisman Campbell Trophy, Heisman Trophy and the ONLY 3X Heisman Finalist in NCAA History.
Had a 5.5 to 1 TD/Int Ratio
(
28 UF Records, 14 SEC Records, 5 NCAA Records
)

Tebow - NFL - Takes a 4-14 team and goes 9-7 with them in two seasons split by a lock, coming in as a backup cold off the bench both times.

Tebow 2011 - Takes a 1-4 team and goes 7-4 + 1-1 = 8-5 with them.

Has a current 2 to 1 TD/T-O Ratio (29 TD's to 15 Turnovers) while averaging 6.3 yds/play.

I hear ya.

So just to recap, you felt justified to go on another of your trademark whiny little bitch fests because I didn't get back to you within an hour? God you're pathetic.

What makes it even more laughable is all you did is prove how completely full of sh*t you are, considering we've been hearing the same endless diarrhea running out of your mouth for months and as soon as you got called out on it, you immediately changed your tune, coming up with a bunch of nonsense which comes nowhere close to backing up the claims you've made.

So just to recap, you felt justified to go on another of your trademark whiny little bitch fests because I didn't get back to you within an hour? God you're pathetic.

What makes it even more laughable is all you did is prove how completely full of sh*t you are, considering we've been hearing the same endless diarrhea running out of your mouth for months and as soon as you got called out on it, you immediately changed your tune, coming up with a bunch of nonsense which comes nowhere close to backing up the claims you've made.

bleh. whtvr. not worth it...you're just an a$$hole.

The Jets have a weak stretch of opposing defenses that should ensure their offensive numbers appear healthy: Colts, @Pats, Fish, @Seahawks, @Rams, Pats, Cards, @Jags. For all of Sanchez's faults, he's streaky enough to get hot vs teams that suck. IMO, the season will be made or lost in the first five weeks. Sanchez might not survive that Bills-Steelers-Niners-Texans gauntlet.

The Jets have a weak stretch of opposing defenses that should ensure their offensive numbers appear healthy: Colts, @Pats, Fish, @Seahawks, @Rams, Pats, Cards, @Jags. For all of Sanchez's faults, he's streaky enough to get hot vs teams that suck. IMO, the season will be made or lost in the first five weeks. Sanchez might not survive that Bills-Steelers-Niners-Texans gauntlet.

There is no chance that the football gods don't let Pete Carroll run off at least 8,476 points against us. Irony + Jets Fans is their favorite thing in the entire world.

The Jets had 89 completions to a RB last season (that doesnt include attempts as we know there we drops), I know the Saints blow that number out of the water, I wonder how many other teams have that high of a number to RB's? And is there offense good?

JIF I looked into a few teams I did not do all the searching I could have but a lot of factors have to be considered I think we should see a change this year since the Jets decided to take the WR position a little more serious which should hopefully open things up for the entire offense.

There is no chance that the football gods don't let Pete Carroll run off at least 8,476 points against us. Irony + Jets Fans is their favorite thing in the entire world.

lol true. I'm predicting a minimum of four Willem Dafoe Platoon poses for me this season.

platoon05.jpg

JIF I looked into a few teams I did not do all the searching I could have but a lot of factors have to be considered I think we should see a change this year since the Jets decided to take the WR position a little more serious which should hopefully open things up for the entire offense.

I did a real quick look, the only a few, Saints, Chargers, Bills...thats about it.

Thats not context. How is the offense going to be historically bad? Least amount of scoring ever? Least amount of passing yards ever? Least amount of TD's better? Most turnovers?

Saying you have a crappy QB, RT and RB isnt giving any context on how the offense is going to be historically bad.

greene was poop last year.. too fat and slow

Archived