The Brooklyn Nets

Jetsfan80

if the Nets land Howard they are a legit contender in the east (behind Miami of course)

if not they are still a playoff team at least.

i like what this team has done by getting D-will and JJ together and either getting Howard or bringing back Lopez and Humphries aka The Humpfr as i call him.

as things stand they are the 4th or 5th best team but that depends on D-rose's health of course.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should be able to move McBob's expiring and Eyenga at a minimum and can S&T any combination of Jordan Hill, Ebanks, Barnes, etc. It's far more likely than the Nets being able to S&T 5-6 guys to make a straight-up deal with Orlando.

So I says, "there's no way Hector will know the Lakers' salary structures off hand. I can totally sum up the Aldridge reports about the Lakers squeezing in JRich's salary by saying they have 'no assets' to make that deal work, even if it's just hyperbole." Alas. Alasssssssssss.

On another note, I forgot when I mentioned Marvin Williams earlier that the Hawks are about to turn him into Devin Harris's expiring. D12/CP3 or bust.

Atlanta<Vancouver. In his myriad, vacillating trade requests, DH hasn't mentioned Atlanta as yet. I suppose if CP3 called him and said, "Yo Dwight, I'm gonna sign with Atlanta next year, so agree to that deal," I'm sure Dwight would think about it. But has CP given any indication that that's something even in the ballpark of his thinking? There's a big difference between playing at Georgia Tech for a year and playing on the Hawks for a career. That place, for whatever reason, is Siberia.

Sources indicated to the Beacon Journal on Sunday that there was no real substance to the trade negotiations and maintained that for the wild 72-hour ride that the Brooklyn Nets and Orlando Magic dragged the NBA through while trying to hammer out a deal that would’ve sent Howard to the Nets.

An Eastern Conference executive said Sunday the Nets were frantically reaching out to any and all teams with available cap space to try and get a deal done. That search continues, with as many as five new teams thrown into a rumor mill that has spun dangerously out of control.

All indications point to the fact the Cavs were uncomfortable taking on Kris Humphries for more than one season of guaranteed dollars, particularly if the lone payoff is a first-round draft pick saddled with heavy protections.

New rumors: Deal will go down today with Orlando deciding between Houston's draft picks vs. Nets Lopez, Hump, Brooks, draft picks package. Or something.

Reports keep on saying that the Magic and Nets are working on a 2 team deal, but I'm still wondering how the heck can that work? Is Orlando going to take longterm contracts for both Lopez and Hump? Why would Orlando be stupid enough to do that?

Reports keep on saying that the Magic and Nets are working on a 2 team deal, but I'm still wondering how the heck can that work? Is Orlando going to take longterm contracts for both Lopez and Hump? Why would Orlando be stupid enough to do that?

At this point all I can think of is that they feel they can move these players (if thats allowed since I ave no idea how double trades work in the NBA) midway thru this season or at the end of this season to a desperate team. Maybe moreso on Humphries since I dont see a team paying big money to Lopez, but at a moderate salary Hump could have value, but maybe its just finding the team desperate enough to want a player to make a playoff push.

At this point all I can think of is that they feel they can move these players (if thats allowed since I ave no idea how double trades work in the NBA) midway thru this season or at the end of this season to a desperate team. Maybe moreso on Humphries since I dont see a team paying big money to Lopez, but at a moderate salary Hump could have value, but maybe its just finding the team desperate enough to want a player to make a playoff push.

We'll find out shortly because if a team provides an offer sheet to Lopez, the Howard trade is dead for the Nets at least until December when newly signed FAs can be traded.

We'll find out shortly because if a team provides an offer sheet to Lopez, the Howard trade is dead for the Nets at least until December when newly signed FAs can be traded.

If Lopez stays in the deal, he'll get the max. Outside the deal, he won't come close to getting the max.

Woj now reporting Nets & Lopez have agreed to a contract fulling guaranteeing 4 years, negotiating 5th year. This would end S&T possibility for Lopez.

Oh, and on a side note, Adam Morrison is now on the Clippers summer league team.

Woj now reporting Nets & Lopez have agreed to a contract fulling guaranteeing 4 years, negotiating 5th year. This would end S&T possibility for Lopez.

Oh, and on a side note, Adam Morrison is now on the Clippers summer league team.

If they sign him today and it's not as part of a S&T, I'm pretty sure they can't move him until Jan anyways.

Weird, I read earlier that Portland had offered him a max deal, which makes sense considering they abandoned Hibbert.

Not so fast, Dolanite. They have a framework for an extension in the event the trade stalls. Not dead yet.

Weird, I read earlier that Portland had offered him a max deal, which makes sense considering they abandoned Hibbert.

Stein heard from "sources" that Portland and Charlotte "were ready" to offer four years at the max. I'd call bullsh*t if those teams weren't so F'ing stupid.

Stein heard from "sources" that Portland and Charlotte "were ready" to offer four years at the max. I'd call bullsh*t if those teams weren't so F'ing stupid.

Between all these updates and Isola fighting with Knick fans over Lin's pussy hurting over the Knicks not offering him a contract first, this has been an interesting day on Twitter via Hoopshype.

That's going to be really, really bad for Brooklyn if they lose Lopez and miss out on Howard too. They'll be the smallest team in the conference, not a good position to be in the East this year. As good a backcourt as they're going to have, I don't think anything can overcome that large of a deficiency over the course of a full season and into the playoffs.

Between all these updates and Isola fighting with Knick fans over Lin's pussy hurting over the Knicks not offering him a contract first, this has been an interesting day on Twitter via Hoopshype.

I'm really starting to not like Lin's act between the knee thing during the playoffs and all his bitching today. You were sleeping on a couch last year and you just made 30 million dollars. Shut. The. ****. Up.

Howard is so dumb. Supposedly, the reason he opted in was to block a trade to the Lakers at the deadline. Howard was upset that Kobe told him that he, Howard, would be the 3rd scoring option on the team behind Kobe and Gasol. So he caught a tantrum and agreed to opt in if the Magic didn't trade him to the Lakers. That's how all the "Only to Brooklyn" stuff started.

If he had accepted the trade to the Lakers he could have remained a FA for 2012 and have the option to sign outright with the Nets this summer.

What an immature jackass. Nets may be better off without him.

LolNets...cockblocked themselves by trading for Joe Johnson's contract. Billy King folks :applauds:

I'd be lying if I didn't say the sadistic side of me wasn't taking great joy in this. Nets have a ridiculously annoying fanbase and the chest thumping after the new logo rolled out was beyond absurd.

I'd be lying if I didn't say the sadistic side of me wasn't taking great joy in this. Nets have a ridiculously annoying fanbase and the chest thumping after the new logo rolled out was beyond absurd.

Gotta love the Nets' TD dances at the 20 yard line.

Archived