The Brooklyn Nets

Jetsfan80

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think D-Will will sign with the Mavs and the Nets will have to rebuild with essentially no one on the roster.

Too bad they don't have a 1st rounder because of that idiotic deadline trade.

I think D-Will will sign with the Mavs and the Nets will have to rebuild with essentially no one on the roster.

Too bad they don't have a 1st rounder because of that idiotic deadline trade.

I believe the Nets will have something like $39 mil in cap space if DWill bails. I agree that it's likely he leaves, unfortunately, but I'm gonna wait to see if Prokhorov's billions can work some magic here. Speaking of Magic, the Orlando GM supposedly wants no part of dealing with Howard holding a gun to the organization's head. Houston is rumored to be offering a sh*tload of first rounders, even though Howard's people say he'll never sign an extension there.

More than losing the sixth overall for Wallace, what kills the Nets in a Dwight trade scenario is the fact that Brook Lopez is a giant pussy who is now, also, made of glass. If Lopez stayed healthy, there might have been a chance at a deal. Now, I can't see how it happens.

Another problem with Lopez is that he is a RFA so he can't be traded without signing his tender and going someplace he wants. In other words, the Nets can't use him as a trade chip for Howard before the season because moving Lopez would have to be a sign-and-trade.

Prokhorov doesn't know what he's doing basketball wise. He's all bluster and it's to the detriment of the team. They shouldve built through the draft, but instead sought out LBJ who had no interest in going there, found no consolation prize, and then traded for D-Will for a 2 year rental.

No elite non-Net UFA has ever signed with the team. Ever. Jason Kidd re-signed with the Nets but has reportedly told D-Will that it's best if he leaves. Brooklyn is left to beg D-Will to stay with billboards and painted trucks and happy bday wishes.

The Nets no longer have the assets to build around D-Will and there is no elite FA out there that wants to sign with them.

Another problem with Lopez is that he is a RFA so he can't be traded without signing his tender and going someplace he wants. In other words, the Nets can't use him as a trade chip for Howard before the season because moving Lopez would have to be a sign-and-trade.

Prokhorov doesn't know what he's doing basketball wise. He's all bluster and it's to the detriment of the team. They shouldve built through the draft, but instead sought out LBJ who had no interest in going there, found no consolation prize, and then traded for D-Will for a 2 year rental.

No elite non-Net UFA has ever signed with the team. Ever. Jason Kidd re-signed with the Nets but has reportedly told D-Will that it's best if he leaves. Brooklyn is left to beg D-Will to stay with billboards and painted trucks and happy bday wishes.

The Nets no longer have the assets to build around D-Will and there is no elite FA out there that wants to sign with them.

Yes, yes, yes. The Nets suck and will always suck. The Knicks are so much better, yadda.

The Nets couldn't lure free agents to Newark and surrounding ghettoes because they were violent toilet bowl arenas unfit for AAU games. Despite that, they still went to two finals while your Knicks were chasing Eddy Curry and Jamaal Crawford to come play in the cough "World's Greatest Arena."

It's cool that you can predict the future of a franchise moving into a state of the art arena in NYC, funded by one of the World's richest men, that has copious amounts of cap room available for years to come, and fronted by a rap superstar who's CPF's with every great player in the league.

As for Deron, they got him for the awful Derrick Favors and two draft picks that Utah wasted on stiffs. He's not gone yet, and Howard hasn't been traded yet--the only thing we heard is that both Howard and DWill told Houston "no thanks" when they came knocking to pair them together. It sounds like Howard is trying to force his way to Brooklyn, and DWill is waiting to see if he can do it. Hardly seems like Deron is running to the airport.

And for a Knick fan to criticize another team's owner as a know-nothing who compromised his franchise in pursuit of Lebron is simply a joke that writes itself.

Would love to see the Nets be a good team. But when your GM trades your first round draft pick for pocket lint on a regular basis, suspect Billy King will find a way to make a mess of it sooner rather than later. Evan Roberts is a huge Nets fan, and he angrily interviewed King after that idiotic trade. King seemed utterly clueless that he was wasting a franchise asset for nothing.

Would love to see the Nets be a good team. But when your GM trades your first round draft pick for pocket lint on a regular basis, suspect Billy King will find a way to make a mess of it sooner rather than later. Evan Roberts is a huge Nets fan, and he angrily interviewed King after that idiotic trade. King seemed utterly clueless that he was wasting a franchise asset for nothing.

Eh. Outside of the top three picks, this draft sucks--so much so that even garbage teams like the Kings are trying to trade down and out. Does anyone think that Thomas Robinson or Tyler Zeller are difference makers? It doesn't explain why King would trade the pick for a guy who was going to be a FA anyway--I'm assuming it was because Deron told him to go get him an athletic wing--but it's not like the Nets lost Anthony Davis. Houston is rumored to be trying to trade for a fourth first-rounder to include in a deal for Dwight. Four firsts? Shows you how devalued picks in this draft seem to be right now.

The Nets couldn't lure free agents to Newark and surrounding ghettoes because they were violent toilet bowl arenas unfit for AAU games. Despite that, they still went to two finals while your Knicks were chasing Eddy Curry and Jamaal Crawford to come play in the cough "World's Greatest Arena."

So, on the scale of most embarrassing sporting feats to hang your hat on, which ranks higher - back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances or back-to-back NBA Finals appearances in series that were over before they even started?

As for Deron, they got him for the awful Derrick Favors and two draft picks that Utah wasted on stiffs

While I found it amusing when Nets fans talked about Favors being such an amazing trade chip, I think it's a bit early to call him awful. He's still only 20 years old and in games in which he saw 30+ minutes last year (6 reg season, 2 playoffs), he averaged 15.5 pts and 11 reb. He needs to figure out how to stay out of foul trouble, but I think his ceiling is still reasonably high and wouldn't be surprised to see him breakout next year with the departure of Millsap.

Also way too early to deem Kanter a stiff, considering how little run he got last year and the fact that he looked good at times - especially on the glass where he averaged nearly 4 offensive rebounds per in games where he played 20+ minutes. If he qualified, his offensive rebounding % would have put him in the top-5 in the league. The 2013 pick that the Nets sent to Utah was originally Golden State's and is top-7 protected next year and top-6 protected the following year. Since Curry and Bogut will probably miss a combined 80 games next year, Utah will be getting another lottery pick out of that deal.

While Williams is certainly a talent, let's not pretend that he will have been worth the 1 1/2 year rental if he spurns the Nets and decides to sign elsewhere this offseason.

So, on the scale of most embarrassing sporting feats to hang your hat on, which ranks higher - back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances or back-to-back NBA Finals appearances in series that were over before they even started?

Easily the most embarrassing championship-level defeat for me was the 2000 Mets beatdown at the hands of the Yankees. Watching Piazza stand there like a scared raccoon when Clemens threw the bat at him was heartbreaking on so many levels. The Nets beatdowns I was ok with because seeing them in the Finals was so surreal it distorted my sense of time and space and, as such, was over before I snapped back to reality-ish.

While I found it amusing when Nets fans talked about Favors being such an amazing trade chip, I think it's a bit early to call him awful. He's still only 20 years old and in games in which he saw 30+ minutes last year (6 reg season, 2 playoffs), he averaged 15.5 pts and 11 reb. He needs to figure out how to stay out of foul trouble, but I think his ceiling is still reasonably high and wouldn't be surprised to see him breakout next year with the departure of Millsap.

Also way too early to deem Kanter a stiff, considering how little run he got last year and the fact that he looked good at times - especially on the glass where he averaged nearly 4 offensive rebounds per in games where he played 20+ minutes. If he qualified, his offensive rebounding % would have put him in the top-5 in the league. The 2013 pick that the Nets sent to Utah was originally Golden State's and is top-7 protected next year and top-6 protected the following year. Since Curry and Bogut will probably miss a combined 80 games next year, Utah will be getting another lottery pick out of that deal.

I screwed up and thought that Gordon Hayward was the other player they drafted. I did like Kanter, too. "Stiff" was definitely too strong a word. I suppose the point was that DWill alone is/was worth Hayward (my bad), Kanter, and Favors. That's an interesting note on Favors you provided. If I wasn't terrified of making another player-to-player comparison in this forum, I'd tell you that I thought Favors reminded me of a player who shall not be named, but who averaged around 10 pts and 6 rebounds per for his career--a solid rotational guy but nothing special. Notdrewgooden.

While Williams is certainly a talent, let's not pretend that he will have been worth the 1 1/2 year rental if he spurns the Nets and decides to sign elsewhere this offseason.

Given the way that trade seemed to go down, it looked like Utah called Billy King and said, "Hey, you want Der..." and King said, "Yes. Now." It was impossible to turn it down, no? It would be horrible to lose Williams and be left empty-handed, though. Horrible. On the plus side, DWill invited Avery Johnson to his birthday party on Tuesday!!! That's like a guarantee he's coming back... Right!?!? RIGHT?

I'm not as ashamed of myself for the acronym as I am for using the term "rap superstar." Then again, this was a picture of me from high school:

And yet, on the lameness scale, both pale in comparison to trying to sh*t on the Garden. Say what you will about the Knicks, but there's really no debate in that regard. And if you think there is, your concept of history is really just that stupid. When you can go and watch a basketball game anywhere else where Ali fought Frazier and where Zeppelin filmed The Song Remains The Same, then you can talk. sh*t, Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for his first strap to boot. I mean really, go **** yourself.

And yet, on the lameness scale, both pale in comparison to trying to sh*t on the Garden. Say what you will about the Knicks, but there's really no debate in that regard. And if you think there is, your concept of history is really just that stupid. When you can go and watch a basketball game anywhere else where Ali fought Frazier and where Zeppelin filmed The Song Remains The Same, then you can talk. sh*t, Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for his first strap to boot. I mean really, go **** yourself.

Whoooooooaaaaaaaaa buddy. My sentence construction was awful in that post. I meant that despite having the advantage of MSG, the Knicks haven't exactly reeled in the primo free agents, either. I was snarking it up with SMC. Sentence construction. Not a strength.

Whoooooooaaaaaaaaa buddy. My sentence construction was awful in that post. I meant that despite having the advantage of MSG, the Knicks haven't exactly reeled in the primo free agents, either. I was snarking it up with SMC. Sentence construction. Not a strength.

OK. We can be friends again.

Now hold on there, Tommy Boy, don't use my name in vain. I wasn't trolling on the BKNs, just expressing my opinion and dissapointment that the Big Russian's misguided mandate prevented your team from pursing the Thunder blueprint of team building. They were forced to FA hunt without the intangibles to do so. Having cap room becomes meaningless if no one wants to sign there. For years teams like the Clips and Kings had a ton of cap room and couldn't sign anyone worth a damn.

Hopefully the D-Will embarrassment, if he does in fact sign elsewhere, will force the team to actually use a real Blueprint, and not some JZ slogan for the word, to build a team through wise personnel moves.

And

I played football for 3 years in a stadium where the flying mile bicycle record was held for 40+ years. Where the Beatles playedm. Where Zeppelin played and survived a riot. Page to Plant "Let's play Whole Lot O Love and get the hell out of here." It's not that big a deal.

And

I played football for 3 years in a stadium where the flying mile bicycle record was held for 40+ years. Where the Beatles playedm. Where Zeppelin played and survived a riot. Page to Plant "Let's play Whole Lot O Love and get the hell out of here." It's not that big a deal.

I have no idea what this means. If it's not where Frazier floored Ali with a left hook, it doesn't count.

Now hold on there, Tommy Boy, don't use my name in vain. I wasn't trolling on the BKNs, just expressing my opinion and dissapointment that the Big Russian's misguided mandate prevented your team from pursing the Thunder blueprint of team building. They were forced to FA hunt without the intangibles to do so. Having cap room becomes meaningless if no one wants to sign there. For years teams like the Clips and Kings had a ton of cap room and couldn't sign anyone worth a damn.

Hopefully the D-Will embarrassment, if he does in fact sign elsewhere, will force the team to actually use a real Blueprint, and not some JZ slogan for the word, to build a team through wise personnel moves.

Ah, sorry, my friend. I guess I'm a little sensitive over this for some weird reason. It's like if the Jets traded a bunch of picks for Drew Brees, only to have Drew Brees walk away in disgust after one season. It'd validate my fear that every team I root for is run by second-tier sh*tbirds. I just need one--ONE--of them to at least appear as if they're sitting at the big boy table. Who better to do that than a Russian billionaire with alleged ties to shady international crime cartels? But nooooooooooooooooooo.

LOL, T0m. I hear you. The red flag shouldve gone up for you when your guy could buy the Russian presidency from Vlad Putin. Whats the point of being a gazillionaire with mob ties if you cant buy elections?

I screwed up and thought that Gordon Hayward was the other player they drafted. I did like Kanter, too. "Stiff" was definitely too strong a word. I suppose the point was that DWill alone is/was worth Hayward (my bad), Kanter, and Favors. That's an interesting note on Favors you provided. If I wasn't terrified of making another player-to-player comparison in this forum, I'd tell you that I thought Favors reminded me of a player who shall not be named, but who averaged around 10 pts and 6 rebounds per for his career--a solid rotational guy but nothing special. Notdrewgooden.

I also don't think Hayward is a stiff. He's got a pretty good all-around offensive game and is decent enough on the glass to be, at worst, be a solid rotational player for a long time.

As for Favors, his measurables coming into the draft were on par with an 18-year old Dwight Howard:

height-weight.jpg

vert-sprint1.jpg

Favors has poor footwork, no semblance of a jump shot, and hasn't yet learned to defend inside without fouling. As for positives, he's got great size/strength for a 20-year old, has good hands, boards well in traffic, and can finish. He's still pretty raw, but the groundwork is there for him to grow into an elite player with proper coaching and motivation. I think he's far more polished offensively than Howard was at this point, especially in the post, but he's really going to have to work at it to get to the next level. Playing alongside a guy like Al Jefferson, if he's a willing mentor, could be a tremendous help for Favors offensive game. His upside is way higher than notdrewgooden, but there's also a huge gap between his ceiling and floor at this point.

According to reports, Net sources say that DWill is leaning toward re-signing with the team.

Then again, according to reports Jay Z and Billy King were doing TD dances after they met with LeBron.

I also don't think Hayward is a stiff. He's got a pretty good all-around offensive game and is decent enough on the glass to be, at worst, be a solid rotational player for a long time.

As for Favors, his measurables coming into the draft were on par with an 18-year old Dwight Howard:

height-weight.jpg

vert-sprint1.jpg

Favors has poor footwork, no semblance of a jump shot, and hasn't yet learned to defend inside without fouling. As for positives, he's got great size/strength for a 20-year old, has good hands, boards well in traffic, and can finish. He's still pretty raw, but the groundwork is there for him to grow into an elite player with proper coaching and motivation. I think he's far more polished offensively than Howard was at this point, especially in the post, but he's really going to have to work at it to get to the next level. Playing alongside a guy like Al Jefferson, if he's a willing mentor, could be a tremendous help for Favors offensive game. His upside is way higher than notdrewgooden, but there's also a huge gap between his ceiling and floor at this point.

You do realize that Derrick Favors turning out to be Dwight Howard will be the final push it'll take for me to go buy a sniper rifle and start my own lil' revolution.

You do realize that Derrick Favors turning out to be Dwight Howard will be the final push it'll take for me to go buy a sniper rifle and start my own lil' revolution.

LOL. How did you pick your teams?

Archived