ESPN Reporting Tebow will be Red Zone QB

Ryno the Jet

It's funny if you think about it because the RZ is one of the few areas where Sanchez tends to shine. Now you've got a guy in here that's better at what Sanchez does best... lol

We could have had a manning is we weren't cheap. Don't believe for a second that he didn't want to come. He wanted top dollar and our owner was cheap

I hope you're kidding because that makes no sense... we didn't have the cap room.

I'm choosing to live in denial that this story even exists.

If the Jets have secretly given up on Sanchez, why bring in Tebow and not someone better? Or why not go for broke, leave Sanchez in to blow it, get a highish draft pick and draft a new QB next year?

Or...some other scenario that I haven't imagined at 1:38 AM? WHY?

Every week there will be a new "need" for Teblow. My needs?? Yea, well, he can't fulfill those needs....

Are you looking for a guy who can give you 4.5 inches of pleasure granted I don't drink to much or do an inordinate amount of cocaine? cause if the answer is yes I think we might be soul mates

Are you looking for a guy who can give you 4.5 inches of pleasure granted I don't drink to much or do an inordinate amount of cocaine? cause if the answer is yes I think we might be soul mates

I'll put that one on the back burner

That being said, If the defense is average suddenly and we start losing more then we win, Sanchez will get the hook. I don't think he has the whole year, not at all..

New offensive coordinator, new (probably a rookie) #2 WR, same OL, lesser RBs, new contract... I stand by my statement. I think he's got a ton of built in reasons/excuses not to come out of the box particularly strong, and thus keep him in there.

Letting Schottenheimer go while simultaneously giving Sanchez a fat deal that makes it harder to unload him until at least 2014 points to the team giving him every opportunity to get it together this year. They've publicly laid the blame for the offense at Schottenheimer's feet. Now, if Mark's play is really suffering, I could see them pulling him within the game, but I just don't think they'll pull him as the starter this year. They're married contractually thru 2013.

Come next year, should Sanchez be as bad as so many here think, they'll start Tebow before going back to the QB well in 2014. And I'll continue to grow old without ever seeing the Jets win a championship.

Rex bought himself and Sanchez an extra year by changing offensive coordinators. It's the old Herm Edwards trick, but Rex has even more clout with his two AFC Championship appearances. He's not at risk of losing his job unless there's a [bold]massive implosion.[/bold] Barring that, they'll give Sanchez the whole season, IMHO. There's just no way they're planning now to pull him at QB when they're in the redzone. That would pretty much guarantee that he'd finish the season with more ints than TDs, and they're not going to sabotage him that way before the season even begins.

I hear you on Tebow, and I think they see him as primarily a wildcat guy, but that he'll get work in those HBack, FB type roles, too. There's no doubt the guy has a nose for the endzone, or that Shonn Greene doesn't. I can see Tebow and his big heart (and 250lb. frame) getting a good amount of short yardage carries for the Jets this year. I also think the team will like using him as a decoy, as he's sure to get a ton of attention whenever he's on the field at the same time as Sanchez.

Word. Not to keep beating this dead horse, but Mark is facing Pittsburgh, San Fran, Houston, and an assuredly improved Bills pass rush right out of the gate, along with the Pats (which is a loss). I don't think any QB is going to look good against that early schedule, much less one who struggles with confidence to begin with who has Catholic Elvis waiting in the wings. It'd be amazing if he comes out of that stretch without a broken leg, much less a decent stat line.

I love Rex's goofy logic in this.

Sanchez was one of the best redzone QBs last year in terms of TD percentage, but the Jets had a hard time running the ball. So in order to help that running deficiency, Rex is putting Tebow out that at the sake of losing their high TD percentage.

I'd like to see Sanchez and Tebow both on the field at the same time. That will keep that high TD percentage as well as the potential to use Tebow's 5+ yards per carry ability. Put Tebow in the backfield. You can do so many things. You can do trick plays, you can do pass plays, running plays, option, wildcat etc.

I hope the Jets dont think that you must only have them in the game one at a time.

Disagree. I think it would be pretty damn amazing with one.

Part of me agrees with the sentiment, because I love anarchy and despair. But the other part of me--the part that wants the Tannenbaum Empire crushed into sand before me--needs Sanchez to stay alive long enough to eliminate the injury excuse from the CPA's apologia.

Part of me agrees with the sentiment, because I love anarchy and despair. But the other part of me--the part that wants the Tannenbaum Empire crushed into sand before me--needs Sanchez to stay alive long enough to eliminate the injury excuse from the CPA's apologia.

Agree with this. Sanchez's season ending with a broken leg only guarantees another season of Sanchez.

I don't understand what all the commotion is about... We don't exactly have a manning at qb... Heck we don't even have a hasselbeck

You must not have compared Eli and Marks stats their first 3 years. From the looks of it, thats exactly what we have. So much so that even with 2 rings Giant fans still hate on Eli. Sanchez gets that hate and fan frustration that Eli got his first few years with the Giants.

You must not have compared Eli and Marks stats their first 3 years. From the looks of it, thats exactly what we have. So much so that even with 2 rings Giant fans still hate on Eli. Sanchez gets that hate and fan frustration that Eli got his first few years with the Giants.

I'm very familiar with this comparison, I'm also familiar with all the other Qb's who were just as sh*tty as Sanchez and stayed that way.

I'm very familiar with this comparison, I'm also familiar with all the other Qb's who were just as sh*tty as Sanchez and stayed that way.

As long as you're familiar with the QB's who didnt. Wouldnt want you to continuously talk about or associate Sanchez with such sh*tty QB's or think that he cant as easily be the QB that humbles the fans. Then again we did say that we'll see in November. I have a funny feeling that he'll actually be showing us come february as well.

As long as you're familiar with the QB's who didnt. Wouldnt want you to continuously talk about or associate Sanchez with such sh*tty QB's or think that he cant as easily be the QB that humbles the fans. Then again we did say that we'll see in November. I have a funny feeling that he'll actually be showing us come february as well.

You should get that checked out..

Archived