Tebow working out with throwing guru Tom House.

Villain The Foe

Because the 3rd QB (that many fans want to have replace Sanchez before years end) still cant properly throw a football. To be positive, I must say the kid tries damn hard, and he will take Sanchez job if Sanchez sleeps on him. As always stated, this isnt a job for Tebow to take but a job for Sanchez to lose.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/8185111/new-york-jets-tim-tebow-works-la-based-throwing-guru-tom-house

LOS ANGELES -- New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow has been working out with a throwing guru on the campus of the University of Southern California for the past week.

Tebow, the Jets' big offseason acquisition, has spent the past five days making adjustments to his throwing motion under the tutelage of Tom House, a former major league pitcher now working as a volunteer pitching coach at USC.

The workouts have been conducted at USC's gated-off Howard Jones Field, and media have not been allowed to watch per Tebow's request, House said.

Tebow had his last mechanics session with House on Friday and plans to fly back to New York this weekend. The Jets begin training camp on Thursday in Cortland, N.Y.

House has worked with a number of other prominent NFL quarterbacks this offseason, including Tom Brady, Alex Smith and Carson Palmer.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees was the first quarterback to visit with House, in 2003, when Brees played for the San Diego Chargers.

The typical quarterback's schedule is a weeklong program at the Rod Dedeaux Research and Baseball Institute on the USC campus, where 3D video analysis is used in coordination with traditional drills to break down individual motions to a thousand frames per second and discover small inconsistencies or errors.

House said Friday he believes Tebow benefited from the week's worth of workouts.

"I think he's getting better, but the proof is in the pudding," House said. "Being out here at USC is different than being with the New York Jets."

Tebow and USC coach Lane Kiffin share the same agent, Jimmy Sexton of L.A.-based Creative Artists Agency. Sexton originally arranged for Tebow to work out on the school's campus last month, and the controversial third-year quarterback began throwing on his own then and using the university's weight room.

A Trojans' program source told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Tebow has used USC receiver Marqise Lee as one of his targets during throwing sessions. Lee is a talented sophomore expected to be a top pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Current Jets receiver Patrick Turner, who also played at USC, has caught passes from Tebow, as well.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he did this before the draft

didn't take

And if im correct he did it every offseason after he was drafted.

Didnt take then either.

Im glad we have tebow but we seriously need to put him at his actual position. This guy isnt a QB. He's a RB who can throw the ball really well for a RB.

And if im correct he did it every offseason after he was drafted.

Didnt take then either.

Im glad we have tebow but we seriously need to put him at his actual position. This guy isnt a QB. He's a RB who can throw the ball really well for a RB.

And yet he still finished with the same yards per attempt as Sanchez. So that makes Sanchez a _____________.

No wait, I figured it out. He's a punter that punts to defensive lineman and sends the ball over very, very short distances to the other team. And with his arm. So basically, he's a sh*tty punter.

And yet he still finished with the same yards per attempt as Sanchez. So that makes Sanchez a _____________.

No wait, I figured it out. He's a punter that punts to defensive lineman and sends the ball over very, very short distances to the other team. And with his arm. So basically, he's a sh*tty punter.

That makes Sanchez a Quarterback who has completed more passes than Tebow had even attempted last year. I think thats a fair and accurate answer. Furthermore, Tebow rushing-to-completed pass ratio was virtually 1:1. Thats not a QB bro, thats a running back playing the role of a QB and the stats prove it. Rushing avg. is almost 6 yards but completion percentage is 46.5%???? Thats really a QB to you?

Like I said before your punter comment, Timothy Tebow is a runningback and possibly a TE with some throwing skills which makes him dangerous when he's on the field. Timothy Tebow isnt, I repeat, is not an NFL type Quarterback. He may "change the game"if you will, I believe that he has the drive to make it possible and I wouldnt doubt him, but as of today, July 21st this kid is a _____________ ("Running back"will fill in that blank).

(Oh, and a "punt protector" could also fill in that blank lol).

i don't really believe tebow will ever be a real nfl qb, but i won't dount that he can do it either. this is one kid who tries as hard as he can. you have to love the effort he puts into the game. idk what role he's really gonna play on this team yet, but i am interested to see how it plays out. one thing is guaranteed, no matter what role he is given he is going to give 150% effort.

That makes Sanchez a Quarterback who has completed more passes than Tebow had even attempted last year. I think thats a fair and accurate answer. Furthermore, Tebow rushing-to-completed pass ratio was virtually 1:1. Thats not a QB bro, thats a running back playing the role of a QB and the stats prove it. Rushing avg. is almost 6 yards but completion percentage is 46.5%???? Thats really a QB to you?

Like I said before your punter comment, Timothy Tebow is a runningback and possibly a TE with some throwing skills which makes him dangerous when he's on the field. Timothy Tebow isnt, I repeat, is not an NFL type Quarterback. He may "change the game"if you will, I believe that he has the drive to make it possible and I wouldnt doubt him, but as of today, July 21st this kid is a _____________ ("Running back"will fill in that blank).

(Oh, and a "punt protector" could also fill in that blank lol).

The idea that Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow are somehow worlds apart as QB's is absolutely hysterical.

This is what I believe you are implying when you call Tim Tebow a RB as if saying something so ludicrious often enough will make it true.

The only reason Sanchez finished with a whopping 54 percent completion rate was because he was asked to make more high percentage, short throws.

A QB's job is to help his team win, first and foremost. To make his teammates better, to elevate his team. Sanchez failed ****ing miserably in that endeavor last year. Tim Tebow did not.

I think the debate should be whether SANCHEZ is a QB, without a comparison to Tebow.

Drew Brees is a QB. Is Mark Sanchez?

Let's not even get into the fact that you're comparing a 48 career start fourth year QB against a guy that essentially just finished his rookie year.

The idea that Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow are somehow worlds apart as QB's is absolutely hysterical.

This is what I believe you are implying when you call Tim Tebow a RB as if saying something so ludicrious often enough will make it true.

The only reason Sanchez finished with a whopping 54 percent completion rate was because he was asked to make more high percentage, short throws.

A QB's job is to help his team win, first and foremost. To make his teammates better, to elevate his team. Sanchez failed ****ing miserably in that endeavor last year. Tim Tebow did not.

I think the debate should be whether SANCHEZ is a QB, without a comparison to Tebow.

Let's not even get into the fact that you're comparing a 48 career start fourth year QB against a guy that essentially just finished his rookie year.

First, you dont base such a question on 1 particular year unless such person only played 1 year. Secondly, Tim Tebow and Sanchez are worlds apart like Brees and Sanchez are worlds apart. Brees is elite, while Sanchez is mediocre, while Tebow is horrible. The hysterical part is even bringing Brees into the conversation like that somehow gives Tebow some kudos lol.

As for "winning"....please, the reason why Denver even gave that first round mistake away even after the "winning year" he had is because of how he won those games. Those methods will not last in this league because if it did then they wouldnt have settled for a 36 year old Peyton when they had the "future" allegedly winning football games right? And for the record, a win is a win. Im not hating on his wins, im purely talking about how those wins came about and the bottomline is that he got alot of undeserving credit because of the media and the "storyline" being sold, which was in fact pretty exciting. Im not going to front on that. But lets be serious here. He's now a Jet so lets be honest here.

Tebow's winning did nothing for him but get him a kicked off his own team for a "brees like" elite, but past his prime I might add, QB in Peyton to then have to sit behind a "mediocre" type QB with upside potential in Mark Sanchez.

Argue what you want, but Denver knew what was up and the Jets only wanted him for "specialty" packages because in reality Tebow is an excellent athlete. Cant take that away from dude.

As for making the team better, the last time you seen the Jets win 11 games outside of sanchez doing it was over a decade ago, before that 1985 and before then 1968. The last time you seen the Jets in the AFCCG outside of Sanchez doing it was over a decade ago. The last time you seen the Jets in back-to-back AFCCG's outside of Sanchez doing it was ahhhhh, NEVER. The best postseason QB in Jets history is Namath because of a ring , then Sanchez because of his record which is the best in Jets history (which he accomplished within his first 2 years WINNING GAMES). He missed the playoffs his 3 year with an 8-8 record, which they should have. Tebow went to the playoffs with an 8-8 record, which they shouldnt have. Matt Cassel's Pats a few years back missed the playoffs with an 11 win record which they shouldnt have. Seattle a couple years back went to the playoffs with a 7-9 record which they shouldnt have (though they did beat the Saints in the playoffs). Thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. You can necessarily define a player based on one year of failure or success. Sanchez body of work over his multiple years in this league puts him worlds away from Tebow's body of work in his professional career period.

Tebow, like Sanchez is no Brees, or Peyton for that matter. However, until proven otherwise, Tebow is no Sanchez, I dont care what the wins say. That would be like saying Green-Ellis is better than Steven Jackson because The Pats was 13-3 and the Rams was 2-14. That would be hysterical. Tebow made it exciting....though that excitement was in no way a sign of consistency at the position to make a GM confident that they can continue winning football games in the long run.....the loooong run. John Elway understands this and he also understands why Tebow even after his rather exciting and fun-filled year is still a backup, some Jetfans unfortunately dont understand this.

Lastly, Sanchez is no Brees but I can certainly say that Sanchez is a Manning (Eli that is). Just look at the numbers brother (statistically they're even better than Eli's). Thats the "no comparison to Tebow" for ya.

- Dude, stop. They are. Stats don't lie. Don't try to massage them -

- I love Tim (not in the gay way), and I recognize his accomplishments in HS and college. But let's be honest - he don't fit the NFL mold -

- Nick Mangold injury. Wayne Hunter playing a new position. Schitty calling way too many passes. Etc, etc.

- Timmer had an amazing D that covered many Offensive woes. Much like Jets, no?

- Umm, really? Sanchez led the Jets to 2 AFC Championships, before Schitty tried to make him into Tom Brady in his third year! He isn't (at least, not yet) a Brett Favre, run around and gun it, quarterback. Very few of them are -

- Brees and Sanchez had almost EXACTLY the same stats in their first three years. You tell me -

- Oh stop! You're just implying that Sanchez WON'T get better, but Tebow WILL. No basis whatsoever -

Who had a better year last year? Answer that.

First of all, Sanchez only threw two more passes a game as compared to the year before. So I guess he was Tom Brady the year before, too. Which meant the only year he was not asked to be Tom Brady was his rookie year.

Second, in Drew Brees' third season as a starting qb he had a 105 quarterback rating. 27 td and 7 int. You're talking out of your ass.

Third, in Sanchez' rookie season he finished with an amazing 63 quarterback rating and had a WAY better defense in EACH of his first THREE seasons, covering for HIS ass. The only difference is that while Tebow was elevating his game in the 4th quarter after being carried for the first three by his defense, Sanchez was throwing interceptions to defensive linemen. Tebow took a 1-3 team and took them to the playoff game in which he torched the Steelers for 350 yards, while Sanchez took a two time conference finalist and led them to 8-8 with a better team that the one Tebow played with.

Who won last year head to head? Neither one of them were world beaters, for sure, but Sanchez threw a pick six and scored thirteen points for a +7 for his offense, while Tebow engineered a game winning drive in which he ran the ball in from twenty yards out to win the game. But of course, the ability to scramble has nothing to do with quarterbacking, so go ahead and discount getting an extra 7 or 800 yards for your offense from your QB position. That couldn't POSSIBLY help you win ballgames, right?

Again, my argument is not that Tim Tebow is better than Mark Sanchez. It is the idea that they are WORLDS apart as Quarterbacks is completely assinine. The only people that would see it that way are either his family or people that really, really want to **** him. I don't understand this level of delusion otherwise?

Who had a better year last year? Answer that.

First of all, Sanchez only threw two more passes a game as compared to the year before. So I guess he was Tom Brady the year before, too. Which meant the only year he was not asked to be Tom Brady was his rookie year.

Second, in Drew Brees' third season as a starting qb he had a 105 quarterback rating. 27 td and 7 int. You're talking out of your ass.

Third, in Sanchez' rookie season he finished with an amazing 63 quarterback rating and had a WAY better defense in EACH of his first THREE seasons, covering for HIS ass. The only difference is that while Tebow was elevating his game in the 4th quarter after being carried for the first three by his defense, Sanchez was throwing interceptions to defensive linemen. Tebow took a 1-3 team and took them to the playoff game in which he torched the Steelers for 350 yards, while Sanchez took a two time conference finalist and led them to 8-8 with a better team that the one Tebow played with.

Who won last year head to head? Neither one of them were world beaters, for sure, but Sanchez threw a pick six and scored thirteen points for a +7 for his offense, while Tebow engineered a game winning drive in which he ran the ball in from twenty yards out to win the game. But of course, the ability to scramble has nothing to do with quarterbacking, so go ahead and discount getting an extra 7 or 800 yards for your offense from your QB position. That couldn't POSSIBLY help you win ballgames, right?

Again, my argument is not that Tim Tebow is better than Mark Sanchez. It is the idea that they are WORLDS apart as Quarterbacks is completely assinine. The only people that would see it that way are either his family or people that really, really want to **** him.

Why are you comparing Sanchez with Brees? I say compare him to a guy who has more rings than Brees and his first 3 years in the league is actually comparible to Sanchez. That would make much more sense lol.

By the way, are there any future HOF'er QB's you could compare Tebow to? I'd really love to see that one. Someone here compared his first two years to John Elway. The ironic thing about that one is that it was Elway who ran him out of town lol.

I'll wait for that comparison, as well as your feedback from my prior quote. You may think that FloridaJetsFan talking out of the backside, but I dont think I am.

First, you dont base such a question on 1 particular year unless such person only played 1 year. Secondly, Tim Tebow and Sanchez are worlds apart like Brees and Sanchez are worlds apart. Brees is elite, while Sanchez is mediocre, while Tebow is horrible. The hysterical part is even bringing Brees into the conversation like that somehow gives Tebow some kudos lol.

As for "winning"....please, the reason why Denver even gave that first round mistake away even after the "winning year" he had is because of how he won those games. Those methods will not last in this league because if it did then they wouldnt have settled for a 36 year old Peyton when they had the "future" allegedly winning football games right? And for the record, a win is a win. Im not hating on his wins, im purely talking about how those wins came about and the bottomline is that he got alot of undeserving credit because of the media and the "storyline" being sold, which was in fact pretty exciting. Im not going to front on that. But lets be serious here. He's now a Jet so lets be honest here.

Tebow's winning did nothing for him but get him a kicked off his own team for a "brees like" elite, but past his prime I might add, QB in Peyton to then have to sit behind a "mediocre" type QB with upside potential in Mark Sanchez.

Argue what you want, but Denver knew what was up and the Jets only wanted him for "specialty" packages because in reality Tebow is an excellent athlete. Cant take that away from dude.

As for making the team better, the last time you seen the Jets win 11 games outside of sanchez doing it was over a decade ago, before that 1985 and before then 1968. The last time you seen the Jets in the AFCCG outside of Sanchez doing it was over a decade ago. The last time you seen the Jets in back-to-back AFCCG's outside of Sanchez doing it was ahhhhh, NEVER. hThe best postseason QB in Jets history is Namath because of a ring , then Sanchez because of his record which is the best in Jets history (which he accomplished within his first 2 years WINNING GAMES). He missed the playoffs his 3 year with an 8-8 record, whic they should have. Tebow went to the playoffs with an 8-8 record, which they shouldnt have. Matt Cassel's Pats a few years back missed the playoffs with an 11 win record which they shouldnt have. Seattle a couple years back went to the playoffs with a 7-9 record which they shouldnt have (though they did beat the Saints in the playoffs). Thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. You can necessarily define a player based on one year of failure or success. Sanchez body of work over his multiple years in this league puts him worlds away from Tebow's body of work in his professional career period.

Tebow, like Sanchez is no Brees, or Peyton for that matter. However, until proven otherwise, Tebow is no Sanchez, I dont care what the wins say. That would be like saying Green-Ellis is better than Steven Jackson because The Pats was 13-3 and the Rams was 2-14. That would be hysterical. Tebow made it exciting....though that excitement was in no way a sign of consistency at the position to make a GM confident that they can continue winning football games in the long run.....the loooong run. John Elway understands this and he also understands why Tebow even after his rather exciting and fun-filled year is still a backup, some Jetfans unfortunately dont understand this.

Lastly, Sanchez is no Brees but I can certainly say that Sanchez is a Manning (Eli that is). Just look at the numbers brother (statistically they're even better than Eli's). Thats the "no comparison to Tebow" for ya.

Congratulations, you went through the longest post in Jetnation history without having one thing you said not be completely absurd. I've bolded the highlights.

I guess the same yards per attempt, much better fourth quarter passing numbers, a 200 percent better td to turnover ratio, 600 yards of rushing offense and taking a one and three team and having them go 7-5 with a playoff win against one of the top three defenses in football is the difference between a mediocre qb and a horrible qb. Which one is the mediocre qb again? Which one is the horrible one?

Who had a better year last year? Go ahead answer that so that any rational, logical human reading it can laugh at you.

Why are you comparing Sanchez with Brees? I say compare him to a guy who has more rings than Brees and his first 3 years in the league is actually comparible to Sanchez. That would make much more sense lol.

By the way, are there any future HOF'er QB's you could compare Tebow to? I'd really love to see that one. Someone here compared his first two years to John Elway. The ironic thing about that one is that it was Elway who ran him out of town lol.

I'll wait for that comparison, as well as your feedback from my prior quote. You may think that FloridaJetsFan talking out of the backside, but I dont think I am.

You're determining who's a quarterback and who is not. There is a non-existent gap between Sanchez and Tebow. There is a GULF between Sanchez/Tebow and Brees. So I say SANCHEZ is not a quarterback if Tebow is not.

Tim Teblow needs to train with a mistress at a brothel in Manhattan.

He probably won't see this post, so if you are applying make sure you fax the form over. The instructions are on the home page haha.

You're determining who's a quarterback and who is not. There is a non-existent gap between Sanchez and Tebow. There is a GULF between Sanchez/Tebow and Brees. So I say SANCHEZ is not a quarterback if Tebow is not.

Im determining who's a QB based on their abilities. Sanchez abilities show that he's a mediocre QB with good/very good upside. Tebow's ability shows that he's a below average QB with great running ability and who will always be working to establish a throwing mechanic that may never pick up for as long as he's a professional football player. That's certainly an existing gap between the two. One is a pure Quarterback, though a mediocre one, the other's an athlete who's trying his freaking hardest to become a QB, in which at this point being "mediocre" would be a significant upgrade for Tebow given that Sanchez in respect would be the standard if you will.

So what you say about Sanchez not being a QB based on your personal feelings on Tebow and the funny inclusion of Brees really doesnt matter in the scope of my initial determination. My determination was based on mechanics, something that Tebow never picked up. Am I lying here?

You disagree, however, your quotes arent convincing anyone on this board that Tebow is at best a mediocre QB. Not his ability, which is that of a Running back or the wins he got under his belt primarily due to a defense that got hot and fortunate circumstances. His ability lends him to be a backup with unique qualities that can certainly be taken advantage of. He can even punt protect lol.

I KNEW your whole argument was based on aesthetics. Sanchez looks prettier when he throws a football. Got it.

Okay, I guess GL is SOOOO much smarter than, oh EVERYONE on the planet. I'm sure you're learned opinion makes you feel superior, so keep blasting from your butt and we'll see if the real football people are right. This is America, and even dumb people are entitled to an opinion, so good luck with yours.

Im determining who's a QB based on their abilities. Sanchez abilities show that he's a mediocre QB with good/very good upside. Tebow's ability shows that he's a below average QB with great running ability and who will always be working to establish a throwing mechanic that may never pick up for as long as he's a professional football player. That's certainly an existing gap between the two. One is a pure Quarterback, though a mediocre one, the other's an athlete who's trying his freaking hardest to become a QB, in which at this point being "mediocre" would be a significant upgrade for Tebow given that Sanchez in respect would be the standard if you will.

I agree with this. Sanchez needs to tweak his game to be a quality NFL QB, Tebow needs to overhaul his game. It's certainly possible that Mark's problem is mental or emotional and may never be overcome, but he at least looks the part as a passer. His mechanics don't need work - his execution does.

I've joked in the past that Tebow is a black QB who isn't black, but I think those are the best comparisons for him. Guys like Randall Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Steve McNair, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb... All of them were/are really good athletes who took a long time to develop into passers in the NFL. They made their living with their feet while they adjusted to the NFL game. I think Tebow is in the same boat, but actually has a longer way to go than any of the above mentioned had in terms of being a QB in this league. His mechanics are horrible. Completing less than 60% of your passes in the NFL is unacceptable (and yes, Sanchez in unacceptable in this regard), but Tebow can't cross the 50% barrier. Other athlete/project QBs have taken 5, 6, or more years to ever have a decent year throwing the football.

Tebow has all the intangibles, this is true. Great heart, great leader, seems to pull miraculous sh!t out of his azz at any given moment. Physically, he's like the player you'd create for yourself in Madden. Based on the history of this type of player in the NFL, though, I don't see him developing into a genuine QB for many years. Given his base level talent, I don't think he's worth that kind of investment at all. His maximum upside would be John Elway, and John Elway was happy to trade him away for a fourth round pick.

I agree with this. Sanchez needs to tweak his game to be a quality NFL QB, Tebow needs to overhaul his game. It's certainly possible that Mark's problem is mental or emotional and may never be overcome, but he at least looks the part as a passer. His mechanics don't need work - his execution does.

I've joked in the past that Tebow is a black QB who isn't black, but I think those are the best comparisons for him. Guys like Randall Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Steve McNair, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb... All of them were/are really good athletes who took a long time to develop into passers in the NFL. They made their living with their feet while they adjusted to the NFL game. I think Tebow is in the same boat, but actually has a longer way to go than any of the above mentioned had in terms of being a QB in this league. His mechanics are horrible. Completing less than 60% of your passes in the NFL is unacceptable (and yes, Sanchez in unacceptable in this regard), but Tebow can't cross the 50% barrier. Other athlete/project QBs have taken 5, 6, or more years to ever have a decent year throwing the football.

Tebow has all the intangibles, this is true. Great heart, great leader, seems to pull miraculous sh!t out of his azz at any given moment. Physically, he's like the player you'd create for yourself in Madden. Based on the history of this type of player in the NFL, though, I don't see him developing into a genuine QB for many years. Given his base level talent, I don't think he's worth that kind of investment at all. His maximum upside would be John Elway, and John Elway was happy to trade him away for a fourth round pick.

Fair enough. Although maybe I'm misinterpreting Yards per Attempt, because the guy with the amazing mechanics and the guy with the horrible mechanics finished with the same exact number.

I just don't think that the two are very far apart in terms of being an NFL QB and I really don't know what people see in Sanchez that makes them think he's going to turn his career around. I've never seen evidence that he's going to be more than he already is. Only Tim Tebow's faith in Jesus seems to be stronger than the Sanchez' supporters faith that he's going to magically become Eli Manning. I can sit here and have faith that Tim Tebow is going to turn into Michael Vick and it would be the same.

Faith - Belief in the face of an utter lack of evidence

Potential - You haven't done anything yet

Okay, I guess GL is SOOOO much smarter than, oh EVERYONE on the planet. I'm sure you're learned opinion makes you feel superior, so keep blasting from your butt and we'll see if the real football people are right. This is America, and even dumb people are entitled to an opinion, so good luck with yours.

Who is EVERYONE on the planet? Do you really think I'm the only person that believes that Mark Sanchez hurt his team last year?

Fair enough. Although maybe I'm misinterpreting Yards per Attempt, because the guy with the amazing mechanics and the guy with the horrible mechanics finished with the same exact number.

I just don't think that the two are very far apart in terms of being an NFL QB and I really don't know what people see in Sanchez that makes them think he's going to turn his career around. I've never seen evidence that he's going to be more than he already is. Only Tim Tebow's faith in Jesus seems to be stronger than the Sanchez' supporters faith that he's going to magically become Eli Manning. I can sit here and have faith that Tim Tebow is going to turn into Michael Vick and it would be the same.

Faith - Belief in the face of an utter lack of evidence

Potential - You haven't done anything yet

Yard/attempt is my favorite stat for judging QBs, and you're right in that Sanchez wasn't very good in that department. Look at the receiving stats on both teams, though. The Broncos' top five receivers all averaged more than 13.5 yards a catch, with Thomas topping the list with a 17.2 yard average. The only one of the Jets leading receivers with an average over 13.5 ypc was Plaxico Burress with a 13.6. I honestly don't know if the problem is the receivers, offenses, or QBs here. I have some optimism with a new OC combined with some much needed speed at the WR position this year.

Sanchez, for his part, has his own NFL history to overcome. When college juniors leave for the NFL, they generally struggle, and Sanchez was inexperienced by college junior standards when he came out. Tebow had more than three times the passing attempts Sanchez had in college. A lot of the experience Sanchez should've gotten in school he's getting in the NFL, instead. I think that makes for a bumpy ride. Doesn't help that Sanchez comes across as immature.

And for the record, I'm not sold on Sanchez at all. I'm just not at all convinced that he sucks, either. I understand what the word potential means, but I still think he's got it. The Jets have already invested three years in the guy, and I think it's wise for them to stick with that investment for the time being. I think he's significantly closer to being an NFL QB than Tebow.

Archived