Jets’ Offense Gets Marching Orders: Fast and Faster

Jetfan13

It's a risk vs reward thing. The problem is Sanchez-led offenses turn the ball over. A lot. Meaning if Sparano and Sanchez can't cut those down, we're turning the ball over faster. One thing I can say about the ground and pound years is that our conventional stats matched up well with our efficiency numbers. Last year? Not so much. Our efficiency numbers actually jumped from '10, but we were giving up something like 3 or 4 more points a game.

Tebow had held onto the ball too long.

20 TD's to 9 Ints VS 12 TD's to 20 Ints.

Take your pick, you can't have it both ways....

And when nobody ever came open and Tim finally took off:

5.3 YPC with 13 rushing TD's to just 6 lost possession fumbles.

Tebow's NFL Career Stats: On 580 plays, 6.4 yds/play with 33 TD's to 15 Turnovers and a 9-7 W/L record for an otherwise 4-14 team.

You can either 'look pretty' or you can have 'pretty results' but you rarely get to have both....

PS

Tim's team beat Ryan's and Saprano's teams both last season, doing so with a herd of donkeys... :superman:

Im reserving my judgement on the hiring of Sparano...I hope he becomes the greatest OC to ever walk the earth...as a result, I'll even make myself look like a jackass celebrating a FG putting us up 24~21 with 10 mins left on the clock in the 3rd qtr.

Tebow had held onto the ball too long.

20 TD's to 9 Ints VS 12 TD's to 20 Ints.

Take your pick, you can't have it both ways....

And when nobody ever came open and Tim finally took off:

5.3 YPC with 13 rushing TD's to just 6 lost possession fumbles.

Tebow's NFL Career Stats: On 580 plays, 6.4 yds/play with 33 TD's to 15 Turnovers and a 9-7 W/L record for an otherwise 4-14 team.

You can either 'look pretty' or you can have 'pretty results' but you rarely get to have both....

PS

Tim's team beat Ryan's and Saprano's teams both last season, doing so with a herd of donkeys... :superman:

Yeah, OK.

It's just going to be nice not having to watch another predictable year of a Brian Schottenheimer-run Jets offense. Look, we all know that Sparano too often likened a FG to a TD but one thing that I did see with his Dolphins teams, is that they NEVER ran plays on 3rd and long that didn't at least press the first down marker-no more 3rd and 17 draw plays or runs up the middle that concedes the series with a "well we won't make it anyway so lets punt the ball and let the defense hold them and well try again next time" approach. Thank God for small favors.

It's just going to be nice not having to watch another predictable year of a Brian Schottenheimer-run Jets offense. Look, we all know that Sparano too often likened a FG to a TD but one thing that I did see with his Dolphins teams, is that they NEVER ran plays on 3rd and long that didn't at least press the first down marker-no more 3rd and 17 draw plays or runs up the middle that concedes the series with a "well we won't make it anyway so lets punt the ball and let the defense hold them and well try again next time" approach. Thank God for small favors.

Not only that, but Sporano never had this kind of defense backing him up either.

Not only that, but Sporano never had this kind of defense backing him up either.

Yup-I think he's one of those guys that will always be a better coordinator than the lead guy. You know, kinda like the way that Belichick was always considered to be...before he stepped in sh*t and landed a Hall Of Fame Quarterback from the SIXTH round.

Oh yea and I think that JN might have missed an opportunity for a great thread yesterday, it was Tom Brady's 35th birthday. It's almost over Pats fans....you'll never have a better QB to lead your club...EVER...

Archived