I am sick of all this Tebow starting crud, What do you guys think?

drocksthaparty

saw a really good post on another jets site so I'm stealing it.. credit to "rexipus rex" on JI.

he copied a couple screen shots on the play where Tuck blew by Wayne...

when the ball is snapped you can see that most of the o-line is holding their own and giving Mark time.

Giantssack22.jpg

within a second or two Tuck already has Wayne in a rough spot...

and in the next second

Giantssack23.jpg

he blows right past him and is in Sanchez' face. 2 seconds and he is already in the backfield and grabbing Marks arm before he can get rid of the ball..

What exactly was Sanchex supposed to do when the line isn't giving him enough time to attempt a 5 yard pass?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw a really good post on another jets site so I'm stealing it.. credit to "rexipus rex" on JI.

when the ball is snapped you can see that most of the o-line is holding their own and giving Mark time.

Giantssack22.jpg

and in the next second

Giantssack23.jpg

he blows right past him and is in Sanchez' face. 2 seconds and he is already in the backfield and grabbing Marks arm before he can get rid of the ball..

What exactly was Sanchex supposed to do when the line isn't giving him enough time to attempt a 5 yard pass?

Plus, the play design is terrible! Those routes are all wrong!

/am I doing this right?

Have some freaking peripheral vision and step up in the 5-yard area between Tuck and the other Giants defensive players, all of whom are being successfully blocked?

He'd just completed his drop and Tuck was dry humping him! Usain Bolt doesn't escape there.

He'd just completed his drop and Tuck was dry humping him! Usain Bolt doesn't escape there.

Oh, horsesh*t.... QB's with pocket presence don't put themselves in this position... he's completed his drop in the first image and Tuck is 3+ yards away. If he senses the pressure and moves up in the pocket, Hunter is still between him and Tuck and he has enough time to lock back on to his primary receiver.

Oh, horsesh*t.... QB's with pocket presence don't put themselves in this position... he's completed his drop in the first image and Tuck is 3+ yards away. If he senses the pressure and moves up in the pocket, Hunter is still between him and Tuck and he has enough time to lock back on to his primary receiver.

How much time do you think elapsed between Mark completing his drop and Tuck being able to close those final 3 yards? .5 seconds? And Mark is supposed to be able to know Hunter completely wiffed and skip a couple beats upfield to avoid an unblocked Tuck?

I see.

Those pics are infuriating. Look at how much area he has to move to, Moore and Mangold have that dead to rights and he's just staring off as usual. It's his f'ing 4th year for crap's sake.

Not really sure how someone could frame these shots as the smoking gun that absolves Sanchez of any fault and proves that a replacement-level guy in there in place of Hunter would be the panacea for the Jets pitiful offense.

How much time do you think elapsed between Mark completing his drop and Tuck being able to close those final 3 yards? .5 seconds? And Mark is supposed to be able to know Hunter completely wiffed and skip a couple beats upfield to avoid an unblocked Tuck?

I see.

Have you ever watched extensive footage of real QB play, or are you so conditioned by the Jets long-running history of horrawful QB play that you think having absolutely zero pocket presence or awareness is the norm?

This is about the easiest pressure situation for a QB to avoid....

I see.

You do realize that's exactly what good QBs do, right?

I see.

Yeah, you're just wrong on this one. Hunter is protecting his front side. Sanchez should be able to glance in that direction, especially knowing that his RT has issues.

Have you ever watched extensive footage of real QB play, or are you so conditioned by the Jets long-running history of horrawful QB play that you think having absolutely zero pocket presence or awareness is the norm?

Sanchez usually avoids sacks with athleticism, if he can dodge the defender at the last second. You rarely see him doing what good QBs do, and just taking that well timed and positioned step that buys him another 2 seconds. He's just not capable of it.

The point is there was NO TIME to avoid it.. 2 seconds or less had elapsed in these photos.

So what you're saying is Sanchez should have instinctively known Tuck was unblocked, stopped his drop on a dime, and took a couple bounces forward. What happens next? Tuck, who's running free, runs past him?

I don't think any QB is able to avoid Tuck on this play..

Yeah, you're just wrong on this one. Hunter is protecting his front side. Sanchez should be able to glance in that direction, especially knowing that his RT has issues.

In less than 2 seconds? Disagree.. but if everyone agreed what fun would this be?

The point is there was NO TIME to avoid it.. 2 seconds or less had elapsed in these photos.

The NFL's a fast game. No instincts + not being able to think quickly = a big part of why Sanchez sucks.

I don't think any QB is able to avoid Tuck on this play..

It's fine to think that... just know that you're wrong.

Sanchez needs to feel the Hunter ****up more. That is in his peripheral vision with him looking up field.

I think the Jets should stop with this stupid 3 second whistle. If you do a stop watch on some of Hunter's sacks, Sanchez is getting hit between 2.1 and 2.5 seconds.

The Jets should tell Sanchez that whenever he feels a Hunter screw up and see daylight in front of him or to his left, then he should start running regardless of down or distance.

Ive watched extensive footage of real QB play and I see a lot of uncontested passes with wide open WR's running all over the field and real threats out of the back field. Then I watch Sanchez drop back with no one to throw too and under pressure usually throwing to someone blanketed by a CB or LB yep our RB's cant even beat LB's in coverage.

I watch Aaron Rodgers nearly every week because I love wathcing him play this game and at times it almost seems unfair. He throwing to wide open receivers all over the field. yes he makes so really ballsy throws to the back shoulder of his receivers but thats usually by design. Same with Brees and Brady. I rarely see Sanchez get an easy throw to a WR becuase CB's get up in our WR's faces and contest damn near every throw. They also jump routes with help up top. Why ? because this team has NO THREATS across the entire offense. Hopefuly this year that changes with Hill's speed and maybe Shillens can get healthy but if those guys dont work out for whatever reason this offense is ****ed and so is Sanchez. But Im not blaming the QB for Horrible Offensive line play and sub par talent at the skill positions..

If Tebow steps in at any point to start due to what ever reason and not McElroy it will confirm to me this organization is a complete Joke.

Only way he can do that is from the shotgun. But when your RT is a turnstile that sometimes does not even make contact with the rusher this is not happening. The Jets should roll Sanchez out more and let him make plays . Our offense has been predictable for years hopefully that changes this year. Rex seems relatively calm i would have expected him to have a heart attack after that Ginats game maybe they have something up their sleeve. I mean we have to have some hope.

Only way he can do that is from the shotgun. But when your RT is a turnstile that sometimes does not even make contact with the rusher this is not happening. The Jets should roll Sanchez out more and let him make plays . Our offense has been predictable for years hopefully that changes this year. Rex seems relatively calm i would have expected him to have a heart attack after that Ginats game maybe they have something up their sleeve. I mean we have to have some hope.

It's the QB's job to avoid that pressure. When it's in front of him -as is the case for a right-handed QB with a leaky RT- there's no excuse not to step up.

Probably a gigantic skin flap after losing all that weight but not sure how that will help.

I honestly don't know what you're arguing here. This is like the dictionary definition of pocket presence.

I'm shocked, even though I shouldn't be, that the majority still finds a way to blame Sanchez for this play. It's funny.

Plus, the play design is terrible! Those routes are all wrong!

/am I doing this right?

LOOK at the 3 WR's in their patterns ....every single one of them has their back to Sanchez ....

Giantssack22.jpg

and in the next second

Giantssack23.jpg

This is a good example of what happens a lot with this offense . Every Receiver is either covered or has their back to the QB. 2 of the defenders are ready to jump the routes. Sanchez could not get rid of the ball but he could have stepped up into the pocket if Hunter would have alerted him. It seems Sanchez did not see the rush in his periferal vision because his reads were starting from left to right. On a 4 man rush you can't expect a pass rusher to come in untouched like that. if it were a blitzing LB then I would have blamed Sanchez for this play but not straight up.

Pac have you visited the advanced NFL sites ? They know everything about football and QB's so much so they never mention anything about whats going on down field. If you cant google you cant argue >

I don't need a pie chart to tell me that Hunter sucks more than words can describe and Sanchez shouldn't be blamed for the play in those photos.

Once upon a time Shane threw a hissy fit when I linked up to PFF to prove a point. Now even bitonti's jumped on board. Chalk up another W for the nerds. Want some grapes? Bitches.

That was three years ago when I made my return and I was under heavy assault by the intellectualista. I had no choice but to resort to snark.

I don't need a pie chart to tell me that Hunter sucks more than words can describe and Sanchez shouldn't be blamed for the play in those photos.

I know that bro but your argueing with PFF thats not possible remember ??? Because If when you drop back your looking left and the rush is coming from the right your periferal vision in the back of your ****ing head should Feel the rush !!! Dammit. if this is the case then Sanchez should assume he will be sacked from the right side on every play and never ever get the chance to settle in and throw the football to a god damn open WR actully facing him.

This is all sarcasm Pac.

Archived