jabar gaffney cut. worth a look?

ylekram

Are you serious?

YES he's worth a look. Bring them all in, this WR group sucks balls.

*Looks at Tanny...Looks at Braylon Edwards...Looks at Tanny*

wait Hess, you mean to tell me that Braylon Edwards is still out there teamless, and we haven't even called him? What happened to Tannenbaum's finding something every day thing?

wait Hess, you mean to tell me that Braylon Edwards is still out there teamless, and we haven't even called him? What happened to Tannenbaum's finding something every day thing?

No but Edwards is supposedly impressing in Seattle and I still don't get what happened there with all that. He had a pretty good chemistry with Sanchez and stuff. I don't get the reasoning for not even looking his way this offseason.

No but Edwards is supposedly impressing in Seattle and I still don't get what happened there with all that. He had a pretty good chemistry with Sanchez and stuff. I don't get the reasoning for not even looking his way this offseason.

The answer i got was the JETS did not want Braylon so they did not make an offer so he was not good or something along those lines!

Given our WR situation bringing Jabbar Gafney in would be a no brainer move compared to trading for Jason Smith.

we need something

for jif ,

jifs boy gafney 10 seasons 5,622 12.7 avg 24 tds

my fav free agent rec rw 8 yrs 5,715 14.5 abg 44 tds

truth is i say we try both on ,wouldnt hurt

youd take bray over holmes but not rw or gaffney even as a 2?

At this point you have to sign one of the two. Did anyone else notice Holmes giving Tebow a high five the other night - but not saying a word to Sanchez? I think Holmes is going to dog it all year and just be an overall problem. We need someone reliable in here asap. RY and Gaffney both fit the bill. Veteran, possession receiver is what we need. I would have taken Bray over any of them though, when he was available.

I dont either and he is impressing in seattle

At this point you have to sign one of the two. Did anyone else notice Holmes giving Tebow a high five the other night - but not saying a word to Sanchez? I think Holmes is going to dog it all year and just be an overall problem. We need someone reliable in here asap. RY and Gaffney both fit the bill. Veteran, possession receiver is what we need. I would have taken Bray over any of them though, when he was available.

agree but of course i prefer rw because of red zone abilitys , but gaffney is a good ball player as well.in my eyes

I doubt they sign a guy like this until after the first game. The "mini-draft" period is not for picking up scrap heap vets. The Jets aren't so desperate at WR. Holmes, Kerley, Hill and White are as much as they usually carry. They have some good young players. Or they may. No reason to muddle things up with a vet that will take snaps with little upside. Then if they still nothing after the first game they can pick one of these dudes up.

Braylon will probaby make the Seahawks? Yippee!

I doubt they sign a guy like this until after the first game. The "mini-draft" period is not for picking up scrap heap vets. The Jets aren't so desperate at WR. Holmes, Kerley, Hill and White are as much as they usually carry. They have some good young players. Or they may. No reason to muddle things up with a vet that will take snaps with little upside. Then if they still nothing after the first game they can pick one of these dudes up.

Braylon will probaby make the Seahawks? Yippee!

They have raw, unproven talent. I love Hill, but we don't have a clue how he is going to perform in the regular season. The min-draft is for making your team better. Gaffney does that.

They have raw, unproven talent. I love Hill, but we don't have a clue how he is going to perform in the regular season. The min-draft is for making your team better. Gaffney does that.

No. It just takes reps away from Hill. Jesse Holly, Kerry Taylor, Matthew Slater and Jeremy Ebert were worth more to that Pats than Jabar Gaffney. Do they "make my team better"? Well, they'd probably make it better than Jabar Gaffney. I like Gaffney. Loved his dad #81, but love the player not the name. I don't think that Tory Holt or Marvin Harrison announced their retirements yet. It's a young man's game.

No. It just takes reps away from Hill. Jesse Holly, Kerry Taylor, Matthew Slater and Jeremy Ebert were worth more to that Pats than Jabar Gaffney. Do they "make my team better"? Well, they'd probably make it better than Jabar Gaffney. I like Gaffney. Loved his dad #81, but love the player not the name. I don't think that Tory Holt or Marvin Harrison announced their retirements yet. It's a young man's game.

So we have Hill, who is having a lot of trouble catching the ball, Kerley and Holmes with hamstring issues and Schilens also hurt. Why we wouldn't we bring in a veteran to step in when we need him to? Again, bringing him in makes this team better.

Thanks HS and RichardDavis....yea I never understood the reasoning in letting him go in the first place-I'm for us signing Jabar Gaffney-I do not trust any of our receivers after Holmes, who I just BARELY even trust at this point

Archived