Tim Tebow - MERGED

slats

Jets have not figured out how to use this guy at all. The redzone play calling was horrendous in this game, and a lot of it had to do with throwing Tebow in there at stupid times. Bringing him in on 2nd & 5 to run the ball is idiotic. Bring him in on first and maybe let him throw a pass. If it works - great! If it doesn't work (likely), Sanchez has two more downs to do something instead of a bad 3rd down situation.

But if it were up to me, I'd treat Tebow like a backup QB/fake punt guy. No more wildcat BS. Bring him in when Sanchez is hurt or really struggling for a down or a series, but these forced wildcat plays are killing me. Just terrible.

I'd like to see the Jets give him a chance with a series or at least a few plays. The offense was absolutely putrid during the middle of this game, why not give Tebow a shot instead of 3 and out with Marky Mark?

I agree with that. I actually liked the way the Jets used him against the Steelers. It's putting him in to screw up 2nd down and sending Sanchez back in to clean up the mess that really just isn't working.

We don't win today without his fake punt 1st down run. Just saying.

But if it were up to me, I'd treat Tebow like a backup QB/fake punt guy. No more wildcat BS.

Yup. I totally called that fake from the couch, too. If my son wasn't sleeping at the time, he'd verify.

Any jets fan who thinks Tebow is a threat to Sanchez must be smoking weed. Tebow is not a true QB...he is more of a sideshow who sells papers and magazines. We need a real backup qb who can play NFL level qb. At best Tebow is a quirky white halfback who fancies himself a passer. While Sanchez has played bad Tebow would be much worse.

I say elevate McElroy to #2 qb....at least till we See how this season pans out. Its obvious that if we keeping playing like the last two weeks we will have a high draft pick that we can use to upgrade RB and QB. shonn Greene sucks too...

I don't think I have seen a slower developing wildcat than this Tebow nonsense. Dude looks completely unathletic out there. Not impressed. At all.

Tebow's best runs in Denver were broken plays, scrambles, etc. The wildcat would be more effective with Kerley running it.

And this is why we should just start him already. Sanchez has proven that he's a crap qb and isn't really improving. Time to move onto new blood.

What would Tebow have done this game? Look worse for three & a half quarters before mounting a comeback?

What would Tebow have done this game? Look worse for three & a half quarters before mounting a comeback?

When the kid is *on*, he looks like he did against the Steelers last year, and seriously, everybody knows that, I think. The trick is, how do you get him there..and keep him there ? Its been done, he has won more games with his arm than running.

Archived