I think we'll see more blitzing today than we've seen in two years

AFJF

We don't see a lot of all-out blitzes from this defense the way we did a couple of years ago. With Revis out, and no pressure on the QB's when rushing 3 or 4 defenders, I think we'll see a lot of blitzing today. I'm looking for Landry to have a big day. He's a safety they can use to blitz who won't get there late all the time like Leonhard and Smith always do. He's got the speed to get to the QB, he just can't miss like he did with big ben. Two sacks for Landry today!

We don't see a lot of all-out blitzes from this defense the way we did a couple of years ago. With Revis out, and no pressure on the QB's when rushing 3 or 4 defenders, I think we'll see a lot of blitzing today. I'm looking for Landry to have a big day. He's a safety they can use to blitz who won't get there late all the time like Leonhard and Smith always do. He's got the speed to get to the QB, he just can't miss like he did with big ben. Two sacks for Landry today!

I would think that without Revis out there we'd be less likely to all out blitz and leave Wilson and Cro by themselves with no help overtop. Landry could have a big day regardless though.

I would think that without Revis out there we'd be less likely to all out blitz and leave Wilson and Cro by themselves with no help overtop. Landry could have a big day regardless though.

This is my take.

I could see some big blitzes early, and a lot of showing the blitz then backing off as the game goes on. I think the Jets focus will be more on stopping the run than stopping the pass, anyway.

they sure don't blitz the top QB's as much as they used to after the indy playoff game when showing blitz and dropping off worked so well

but smith is another story

this game is going to all be on the first quarter, and first down

the jets have to get a lead, and stay ahead of the downs

and when pettine/ryan calls the perfect blitz, and a guy comes free

DON'T RUN RIGHT BY THE DANG QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET HIM ON THE GROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they sure don't blitz the top QB's as much as they used to after the indy playoff game when showing blitz and dropping off worked so well

but smith is another story

this game is going to all be on the first quarter, and first down

the jets have to get a lead, and stay ahead of the downs

and when pettine/ryan calls the perfect blitz, and a guy comes free

DON'T RUN RIGHT BY THE DANG QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET HIM ON THE GROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abso*****lutely. I am soooo sick and tired of these guys not staying under control when they go after the QB. We are not facing Big Ben today so I expect some pressure/sacks and perhaps some turnovers out of it. If not? We probably lose.

This is my take.

I could see some big blitzes early, and a lot of showing the blitz then backing off as the game goes on. I think the Jets focus will be more on stopping the run than stopping the pass, anyway.

could go either way Slats big blitzes early or late but I do not think we will see a lot during the middle of the game. if we do not stop the run in this game we're gonna get killed.

Abso*****lutely. I am soooo sick and tired of these guys not staying under control when they go after the QB. We are not facing Big Ben today so I expect some pressure/sacks and perhaps some turnovers out of it. If not? We probably lose.

It is nauseating. The do not focus on the trunk of the guy they are hitting. Head fakes, stutter steps, and they are gone. I would like to see more Coples up them middle, and could Wilkerson at least make an appearance in the backfield?

I really hope we see a defensive line of Wilkerson, Pouha, Ellis, and Coples for the majority of the game today. Granted I'm sure they won't have Ellis out there for many plays but that defensive line could be extremely solid. I think especially against a team who's run heavy like the niners that the defense line up in more of a 4-3 base. Plus with Revis out why not try to change it up and blitz less and line up in the 4-3 more and see if the line can generate consistent pressure. I really think they would be able to.

Archived