What happened after Buffalo game?

Joe Jets fan

I have been trying to stay a Sanchez supporter but am close to realizing he just might suck.

With that said I am trying to figure out what happened after the Buffalo game and the first quarter of the Pitt. game. Sanchez played lights out for the first five quarters of the season and has sucked very bad since.

Was it the whack to the head from Timmions?

Was it Hill stopped catching balls and then playing?

Saprano turned stupid?

Started dating Eva and now gets no sleep?

I know the Bills defense is kinda sh*tty but that does not explain why he was lights out and now has sh*t the bed so bad that the entire bed has to be thrown out.

I will hope the haters dont just answer "because he sucks"

I have been trying to stay a Sanchez supporter but am close to realizing he just might suck.

With that said I am trying to figure out what happened after the Buffalo game and the first quarter of the Pitt. game. Sanchez played lights out for the first five quarters of the season and has sucked very bad since.

Saprano turned stupid?

I know the Bills defense is kinda sh*tty but that does not explain why he was lights out and now has sh*t the bed so bad that the entire bed has to be thrown out.

Buffalo is a really, really bad football team. We played like we hadn't figured out we were too.

Saprano turned stupid?

Buffalo pretty much played zone the entire day and if you give any QB time to throw the football he will find a way (even Sanchez) to get the ball to the receiver who just has to find the soft spot in that zone.

The Pittsburgh game started the same way but after awhile the Steelers started bringing the corners up and pressing the WR's instead of sitting back. Throw in a few nice hits on the QB, a QB who can be inaccurate when he needs to be more accurate and WR's who can't beat press coverage and you have the makings of a disaster.

I think the beginning of the end for Sanchez started with the Baltimore game last year. He took such a beating and played so poorly that I don't think he was ever able to shake it off and it has been downhill ever since.

Keller was out, that was a major factor in what happened to the passing game.

Defenses no longer had to account for a legitimate TE threat, so that allowed them more leeway in pressing the receivers. Then last game, Hill was also out, which created more of a problem. Hill got open constantly against the Fins, but was either overthrown or couldn't catch the ball.

When the score was 41-7, we went into cruise control swagger mode, regardless of external forces. I do believe that's what happened.

Its up to Rex and the rest of the staff to correct and get this team ready to play. That includes making the tough decisions in personnel as to who plays, who starts etc....and have a solid game plan.

Buffalo pretty much played zone the entire day and if you give any QB time to throw the football he will find a way (even Sanchez) to get the ball to the receiver who just has to find the soft spot in that zone.

The Pittsburgh game started the same way but after awhile the Steelers started bringing the corners up and pressing the WR's instead of sitting back. Throw in a few nice hits on the QB, a QB who can be inaccurate when he needs to be more accurate and WR's who can't beat press coverage and you have the makings of a disaster.

I think the beginning of the end for Sanchez started with the Baltimore game last year. He took such a beating and played so poorly that I don't think he was ever able to shake it off and it has been downhill ever since.

The Baltimore game was "that game"....but so was the 45-3 beating we took vs. the Pats. I don't think you can point to one game but if you had too, I would agree with you.

You've really given this guy the benefit of the doubt if you are just now coming to the realization he "might" suck. If I ever commit a major crime, I hope you are on my jury.

Saprano turned stupid?

Great question. Without reading any replies I could bet you got a bunch of "He just sucks." That's the simpleton answer: he sucks, find a new one. I have to laugh at the "Was it a mistake to fire Schotty thread.) haha

And even though everyone I know loves to joke around about how I love Sanchez, because I supported him last year....the truth is he is no different to me than Todd, OBrien, Esiason, Nagle, Pennington.....and all of the Jets QB failures. What can I say, I've always wanted a QB of my own....and I'm still looking. BUT, we have to look at your question (and mine) rationally. Come on, players don't just wake up one day and suck. He has talent there is no question. Think about it, he has been at his best in big games against big teams....he has it. He has been at his worst when the team falls apart. Go back to that first quarter in Pitt and what happened from there.

Well, luckily I have the DVR'd games and it isn't too difficult to scan through the teams possessions. Right after that TD to Holmes in Pitt, the commentators talked about how well he was throwing the ball this year, how he got bigger and stronger....blah blah blah. Then he reads blitz and throws a quick pass to Cumberland that bounces off his ass. From there we start seeing big throws, that were either TDs or big first downs....many ending drives, that bounced off of (in loose chronological order) Hill's elbow, Hill's wrist, Holmes Bread basket a few times, Turner's hands, Tebow's head. We see Wrs just falling down, pulling hamstrings or um... making a catch during a comeback, then falling, injuring himself for the year, and fumbling the ball to give the other team a TD and ice the game....... We saw blown routes and miscues all over the place, including an INT caused by rookie's mistake (#19). Sanchez threw some bad balls, but it was overwhelmingly the WRs, at first. (Thats a fact)

In addition to the drops, we also saw the Tebow-crap, no doubt due to pressure from Woody who has all but given himself away, come in on first and second downs, only to lose yards and bring Sanchez back with a 2nd or 3rd and long. They always ended in a punt.

THEN, slowly, we start to see Sanchez throw bad balls in the last two games and by the last game, he was shot.

He is obviously not a QB that can do it all alone.......there aren't many in existence. Now we see that it was almost by design that he was sabotaged. I would honestly not be surprised with "we need more Tebow" woody.

That's it. I am sure I will get ripped because I was a Sanchez supporter, but anyone can see that is silly. It is actually the other way around, and it's a Sanchez hater that would say he just turned sour all of a sudden and that changing OCs and giving him a guy who NOBODY took for an offensive guru or even a winning coach at all, taking away every receiver he has ever established a rhythm with besides the one cancer that Pittsburgh gave us for free, giving him no running game, using no draft picks and spending no cash on A SINGLE viable offensive player....and to top it all off, just to work on his mentals (his one strong point before this)........Tebow, an unprecedented obstacle for any QB in this league ever, a freakshow phenomenon on the biggest stage in the country.

Yeah, he broke down, and we see when he breaks down, it could get ugly. He isnt the first talented QB to break down on a circus franchise.....look back to our very own Boomer Esiason...he WAS pretty good before getting here.

If you just look at the rosters and go fantasy-wise......our team in 2010 was light years ahead of now......why? Well go to the FO and see flip-flop man eating a burrito and playing solitaire, then go watch Woody Allen on Bloomberg TV saying he could care less about a losing season as long as Mitt Romney is president......and remember "you can't have enough Tebow" lol

That, my friend, is exactly what happened. At any rate, Johnny Unitas couldn't win a f----ing game with this team right now....so might as well start Tebow and become the joke that we know we are. Do it now and get it over with.

As far as Sanchez, **** it. Yet another failure....we'll get another one, who will most likely fail....and I am only basing that on 35+ years of case study. I would also bet a silk pajama, he turns up in a faggoty orange and aqua jersey laying a few bigtime L's on us. Crystal ball.

Great question. Without reading any replies I could bet you got a bunch of "He just sucks." That's the simpleton answer: he sucks, find a new one. I have to laugh at the "Was it a mistake to fire Schotty thread.) haha

And even though everyone I know loves to joke around about how I love Sanchez, because I supported him last year....the truth is he is no different to me than Todd, OBrien, Esiason, Nagle, Pennington.....and all of the Jets QB failures. What can I say, I've always wanted a QB of my own....and I'm still looking. BUT, we have to look at your question (and mine) rationally. Come on, players don't just wake up one day and suck. He has talent there is no question. Think about it, he has been at his best in big games against big teams....he has it. He has been at his worst when the team falls apart. Go back to that first quarter in Pitt and what happened from there.

Well, luckily I have the DVR'd games and it isn't too difficult to scan through the teams possessions. Right after that TD to Holmes in Pitt, the commentators talked about how well he was throwing the ball this year, how he got bigger and stronger....blah blah blah. Then he reads blitz and throws a quick pass to Cumberland that bounces off his ass. From there we start seeing big throws, that were either TDs or big first downs....many ending drives, that bounced off of (in loose chronological order) Hill's elbow, Hill's wrist, Holmes Bread basket a few times, Turner's hands, Tebow's head. We see Wrs just falling down, pulling hamstrings or um... making a catch during a comeback, then falling, injuring himself for the year, and fumbling the ball to give the other team a TD and ice the game....... We saw blown routes and miscues all over the place, including an INT caused by rookie's mistake (#19). Sanchez threw some bad balls, but it was overwhelmingly the WRs, at first. (Thats a fact)

In addition to the drops, we also saw the Tebow-crap, no doubt due to pressure from Woody who has all but given himself away, come in on first and second downs, only to lose yards and bring Sanchez back with a 2nd or 3rd and long. They always ended in a punt.

THEN, slowly, we start to see Sanchez throw bad balls in the last two games and by the last game, he was shot.

He is obviously not a QB that can do it all alone.......there aren't many in existence. Now we see that it was almost by design that he was sabotaged. I would honestly not be surprised with "we need more Tebow" woody.

That's it. I am sure I will get ripped because I was a Sanchez supporter, but anyone can see that is silly. It is actually the other way around, and it's a Sanchez hater that would say he just turned sour all of a sudden and that changing OCs and giving him a guy who NOBODY took for an offensive guru or even a winning coach at all, taking away every receiver he has ever established a rhythm with besides the one cancer that Pittsburgh gave us for free, giving him no running game, using no draft picks and spending no cash on A SINGLE viable offensive player....and to top it all off, just to work on his mentals (his one strong point before this)........Tebow, an unprecedented obstacle for any QB in this league ever, a freakshow phenomenon on the biggest stage in the country.

Yeah, he broke down, and we see when he breaks down, it could get ugly. He isnt the first talented QB to break down on a circus franchise.....look back to our very own Boomer Esiason...he WAS pretty good before getting here.

If you just look at the rosters and go fantasy-wise......our team in 2010 was light years ahead of now......why? Well go to the FO and see flip-flop man eating a burrito and playing solitaire, then go watch Woody Allen on Bloomberg TV saying he could care less about a losing season as long as Mitt Romney is president......and remember "you can't have enough Tebow" lol

That, my friend, is exactly what happened. At any rate, Johnny Unitas couldn't win a f----ing game with this team right now....so might as well start Tebow and become the joke that we know we are. Do it now and get it over with.

As far as Sanchez, **** it. Yet another failure....we'll get another one, who will most likely fail....and I am only basing that on 35+ years of case study. I would also bet a silk pajama, he turns up in a faggoty orange and aqua jersey laying a few bigtime L's on us. Crystal ball.

Thats pretty solid.

Ever the Jets optimist, I hope getting Kellens and Hill back and using Mcknight amd Powell more will help.

Archived