Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football games. Playoff games. Stuff like that.

Congratulations on your divisional playoff wins. Do they give trophies for those?

If this is what you are shooting for, Rex is your man. He made that win over the Patriots in the divisional round the jets SB, and the team sure played like it the next week.

That was great. I almost bought an AFC Championship participant hat and jersey

He's better than Gabbert and Quinn/Cassel.

And fits right in with the 18-30 group. There difference between those guys is negligible.

Thats debatable. And if we're comparing him to those guys, well, what else is there to say? Thread title says it all. He's one of the 3 worst QB's in the league. lol

Congratulations on your divisional playoff wins.

Thank you! Its a shame you didnt enjoy those runs. It was a great time to be a Jets fan.

He's better than Gabbert and Quinn/Cassel.

And fits right in with the 18-30 group. There difference between those guys is negligible.

I agree with this, I think everyone in that 18-30 group pretty much sucks.

I think Sanchez has more potential than many in that 18-30 group, but at this point it is highly questionable whether he will ever reach that potential.

He is very inconsistent, and makes way too many boneheaded mistakes.

If he can just stop the boneheaded mistakes, I think he is at the top of that 18-30 group because all of those guys are incredibly inconsistent as well, and really suck too.

Thats debatable. And if we're comparing him to those guys, well, what else is there to say? Thread title says it all. He's one of the 3 worst QB's in the league. lol

He's a below average QB. Welcome to the NFL. Its like we dont have access to the elite QB store you guys dream of.

Thank you! Its a shame you didnt enjoy those runs. It was a great time to be a Jets fan.

It was a great time, in fact, in my lifetime that was the best time to be a Jet fan. That is so fkng depressing as a die hard Jets fan, we deserve better.

He's a below average QB. Welcome to the NFL. Its like we dont have access to the elite QB store you guys dream of.

This is what is so disturbing, this distorted view of reality that we can just draft someone who will be so much better. It's so fkng irrational.

Are you putting me in coach? Why are you welcoming me?

I guess the Jets should settle for having one of the 3 worst QB's in the league since I cant find access to that store either.

I enjoyed them, but that is not what I equate as the end all of what I want as a fan. My expectations re a little higher. Rex had an opportunity to do something special, after they beat the Patriots, and he had his team come out lackluster in the championship. Great coaches don't allow that to happen

I enjoyed them, but that is not what I equate as the end all of what I want as a fan. My expectations re a little higher. Rex had an opportunity to do something special, after they beat the Patriots, and he had his team come out lackluster in the championship. Great coaches don't allow that to happen

They dont? So the Harbaughs arent great coaches? What about BB? His team went 18-1. He's not a great coach? What about his SB loss last season? Not a great coach anymore?

lmfao

Such proud fan base. We're so accustomed to making deep playoff runs. Maybe we're like Patriots fan, spoiled, per Tom Brady.

Back on topic: Sanchez sucks.

Serious question, why shouldn't we want more? Why shouldn't we want to see at least one SB?

I have been watching this team for 30+ years now, been to almost every home game, lived and breathed with this team for 30+ years, why should I not want to see a SB?

Why should I accept losses in AFCC games as the pinnacle?

Please help me out here, and I am not trying to be funny, I am really looking for a way to get enjoyment out of just that, while watching other teams have tremendous amounts of success.

Are you putting me in coach? Why are you welcoming me?

I guess the Jets should settle for having one of the 3 worst QB's in the league since I cant find access to that store either.

How are you interpreting settling? What was the alternative for this season?

I'd rather find out this year about Sanchez for good then go through a season with Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell. But hey if those guys excite you then we just see things differently.

Agreed, so lets fire the guy responsible for it.

I am not screaming to fire Rex.

I would not be upset in the least if we did.

I am saying either Tanny or Rex needs to go, or both.

Neither of them is capable of leading this franchise.

They dont? So the Harbaughs arent great coaches? What about BB? His team went 18-1. He's not a great coach? What about his SB loss last season? Not a great coach anymore?

lmfao

If you can't see a trend, I am sure not going to be the one to point it out for you. You will have to be late arriving to that party yourself. Shake the Rex pom pons all you want. That is your prerogative.

Serious question, why shouldn't we want more? Why shouldn't we want to see at least one SB?

I have been watching this team for 30+ years now, been to almost every home game, lived and breathed with this team for 30+ years, why should I not want to see a SB?

Why should I accept losses in AFCC games as the pinnacle?

Please help me out here, and I am not trying to be funny, I am really looking for a way to get enjoyment out of just that, while watching other teams have tremendous amounts of success.

Never said it was the pinnacle, never said you should accept it, never said you shouldnt want a SB. I want one too. Not sure who these teams are that are having "tremendous amount of success"...but whatevs.

My logic is pretty simple. We currently have the most successful HC of the NY Jets since Webb Ewbank. He's got us closer to getting back to the SB than anyone. I think we should stay committed to the guy and see if he can get us over the hump. He was damn close twice. Good teams dont fire coaches for 1 losing season.

How are you interpreting settling? What was the alternative for this season?

I'd rather find out this year about Sanchez for good then go through a season with Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell. But hey if those guys excite you then we just see things differently.

I'm not sure why we're arguing. We're stuck with Sanchez, I'm well aware there isnt a better option out there waiting to get called on.

He still sucks though, dont need the rest of the season to determine that.

I am not screaming to fire Rex.

I would not be upset in the least if we did.

I am saying either Tanny or Rex needs to go, or both.

Neither of them is capable of leading this franchise.

Hmmmm, you said numerous times that Rex is a "horrible head coach" not sure why you'd want to keep him around if you feel that way.

If you can't see a trend, I am sure not going to be the one to point it out for you. You will have to be late arriving to that party yourself. Shake the Rex pom pons all you want. That is your prerogative.

What trend? That the Jets lose often because their QB sucks? I've been watching it for 4 years and thankful we have a great HC who can make up for that dilemma.

Jif is not alone in this asinine assumption, many other Jet fans on this board seem to share that opinion.

There is this irrational thought that Andy Dalton has this team in the SB.

Nobody actually thinks that Sanchez is the only problem with the team. Nobody has ever said that. It's nothing more than a straw man.

So are you suggesting that just because there are lots of crappy QBs in the NFL, a team should simply concede they'll never find a good one, accept the one they have, and be happy about it? If not, then what's your point? Regardless of he's the very worst or not, or he's that much worse than the other crappy QBs out there, he's still not good enough to get the job done, and that's why he needs to be gone (or at the very least, be given legitimate competition while the Jets look for a future, long-term replacement).

You said a whole lot without saying one thing to disprove my post, nice work.

You still ignore the fact that pretty much every other team who drafts a QB high in the draft goes out of there way at some point to acquire a top WR for that QB to develop with, something the Jets have failed to do miserably. The only exception to this is Bradford, who was a much better draft prospect than Sanchez, and so far has just about equally sucked.

And yes, Sanchez sucks. Not sure why I get labeled a Sanchez supporter, the level of hate for Sanchez by you and your cronies is absolutely irrational, all while ignoring or forgiving much other suck with this franchise. If pointing that out makes me a Sanchez supporter, so be it, but I am not.

Ive been fighting this fight for 4 years now. I said it when the Jets Drafted Sanchez they they were not going to get the proper skill players needed to help the QB along. I was right then and I think Im right about Sanchez now. Our positions may differ slightly but we do agree the irrational hate is ridiculous.

I get the same Sanchez lover label as you do even though I plainly state that Im well aware Sanchez is playing bad and at some points really bad. I have also seen the good Sanchez can do at the position and he has also proven to be clutch the first 2 years of his career. His numbers and wins have dwendled over the past 2 seasons because not only has the team taken a step back but the skill players on offense are the worst this team has probably ever seen in its History. Many reporters and analysts have recently pointed this out and this thought process is beginning to become main stream.

I think the solution is to add a top FA WR and Draft an explosive RB this upcoming draft . Sanchez is going to play next year due to his contract no matter how much that pisses people off, so we might as well make the attempt to give him everything we can to succeed . If he cant step up, at the very least players will be in place for a new QB stepping in and the multiple different scenarios that intails can be discussed until we're blue in the face. If Sanchez can't produce with better talent around him then Im all in on getting rid of him. Until that time, I can not dismiss a QB who has been handled like sh*t since the minute he stepped into this league in just about every aspect from coaching to talent.

This is what is so disturbing, this distorted view of reality that we can just draft someone who will be so much better. It's so fkng irrational.

Just because there's no guarantee it'll happen doesn't mean they shouldn't at least be trying to find someone. Otherwise the team is deciding they're going to stick with their crappy QB and essentially admitting defeat. It may be difficult to find a truly great QB, but it's never going to happen if you don't try.

Nobody actually thinks that Sanchez is the only problem with the team. Nobody has ever said that. It's nothing more than a straw man.

Thats bullsh*t and you know it . Dont make blanket statements like that. Most Sanchez haters constantly say we would have won 2 SB's if it were not for Sanchez so if thats not putting all the blame on him Im not sure what is.

Just because there's no guarantee it'll happen doesn't mean they shouldn't at least be trying to find someone. Otherwise the team is deciding they're going to stick with their crappy QB and essentially admitting defeat. It may be difficult to find a truly great QB, but it's never going to happen if you don't try.

I have said numerous times if they can find someone better, they should! Not sure why that is getting lost on you.

BUT, I don't want to see us wasting draft picks for the sake of wasting draft picks hoping that we are just going to find someone better.

Ecspecially not high in the draft, as this team has many holes to fill.

Thats bullsh*t and you know it . Dont make blanket statements like that. Most Sanchez haters constantly say we would have won 2 SB's if it were not for Sanchez so if thats not putting all the blame on him Im not sure what is.

Agree, this argument has been made directly and indirectly at nausea on this board.

O.M.G.

oh stfu you know damn well I said the Jets will probably do a piss poor job getting talent in here for our young QB. before w got Braylon Edwards after the 4th game of his first season did you look at the WR's this team had ? great way to handle a young QB . Now you compare that to how other Young QB's have been handled and the Jets are WAY BELOW the curve. Only other player treated equally bad was Bradford and how ironic a guy with his skill set sucks as well. Get it in year head this is a team sport

oh stfu you know damn well I said the Jets will probably do a piss poor job getting talent in here for our young QB. before w got Braylon Edwards after the 4th game of his first season did you look at the WR's this team had ? great way to handle a young QB . Now you compare that to how other Young QB's have been handled and the Jets are WAY BELOW the curve. Only other player treated equally bad was Bradford and how ironic a guy with his skill set sucks as well. Get it in year head this is a team sport

O.M.G.

Ive been fighting this fight for 4 years now. I said it when the Jets Drafted Sanchez they they were not going to get the proper skill players needed to help the QB along. I was right then and I think Im right about Sanchez now. Our positions may differ slightly but we do agree the irrational hate is ridiculous.

I get the same Sanchez lover label as you do even though I plainly state that Im well aware Sanchez is playing bad and at some points really bad. I have also seen the good Sanchez can do at the position and he has also proven to be clutch the first 2 years of his career. His numbers and wins have dwendled over the past 2 seasons because not only has the team taken a step back but the skill players on offense are the worst this team has probably ever seen in its History. Many reporters and analysts have recently pointed this out and this thought process is beginning to become main stream.

I think the solution is to add a top FA WR and Draft an explosive RB this upcoming draft . Sanchez is going to play next year due to his contract no matter how much that pisses people off, so we might as well make the attempt to give him everything we can to succeed . If he cant step up, at the very least players will be in place for a new QB stepping in and the multiple different scenarios that intails can be discussed until we're blue in the face. If Sanchez can't produce with better talent around him then Im all in on getting rid of him. Until that time, I can not dismiss a QB who has been handled like sh*t since the minute he stepped into this league in just about every aspect from coaching to talent.

I agree with you 100%.

My biggest difference I think is that I think Sanchez may be ruined, I am not convinced of that, but I think it's possible.

That said, I saw enough in his first 2 years when he arguably should have been sitting the bench, to say the kid had potential.

I think they royally screwed him by not getting talent that he could stick with.

Braylon was the closest to that, and he was a head case that they dumped as soon as the two developed chemistry.

I also think that saying he sucked in his first 2 years is idiotic. He was drafted raw and young, if anyone expected anything different they are morons.

Last year was the year we should have seen some improvement, but they completely screwed him with that horrid oline and letting Braylon go and replacing him with Plax, who by the way is OUT OF THE NFL right now!

This year he has a new system, and has had a turnstile at WR and TE, and for most of the year no running game.

I think it's a shame because if developed correctly, I think he could have been a top 10 QB and a difference maker, but that window MAY have been closed.

My argument at this point is if you do draft a new QB, you better damn well not make the same stupid mistakes again.

Archived