Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our defense and STs are better. Football isn't 1-on-11 dude.

/am I doing this right?

Takes away a possession for the offense. Its not that difficult to grasp. The Lions looked liked crap against the 2 good defenses they've faced this year, just like ours did.

They have, but I'm going by the standard metric used to rate offenses. Overly simple, but I've been told other stats are too complex...

Well if you wanna be a douche then the shoe certainly fits...how many Lions games have you watched this year? How did Stafford look on Monday?

Takes away a possession for the offense. Its not that difficult to grasp. The Lions looked liked crap against the 2 good defenses they've faced this year, just like ours did.

I don't think anyone here believes Stafford is great. He's probably around average to above average and gets bailed out a lot because he has an absolute freak of a WR. He's got a cannon though, which is more than we can say for Sanchez.

I don't think anyone here believes Stafford is great. He's probably around average to above average and gets bailed out a lot because he has an absolute freak of a WR. He's got a cannon though, which is more than we can say for Sanchez.

Stafford's a pretty good player. But anyone telling me the Lions offense is extraordinarily better than the Jets just hasnt watched them play.

Stafford and the Lions looked like crap, sure.

But we looked like the worst offense of all-time and Sanchez looked like the worst QB of all-time for 7 quarters against the Steelers and Niners. He looked like crap against Houston, though not as bad as against SF and PIT.

Think the defense and ST has something to do with that? We have a couple pick 6's and a punt return TD along with the helpful field position.

Lions have the 8th ranked defense while the Jets have the 19th.

Stafford and the Lions looked like crap, sure.

But we looked like the worst offense of all-time and Sanchez looked like the worst QB of all-time for 7 quarters against the Steelers and Niners. He looked like crap against Houston, though not as bad as against SF and PIT.

The Lions, including Stafford also looked atrocious against San Francisco and Chicago.

Are you telling me you've watched every Lions game and walked away thinking Sanchez is about as good as Stafford?

Where have I ever even come remotely close to saying that? Stafford clearly has more natural ability than Sanchez and a better feel for the position. But he does get bailed out a lot by having a freak at WR, playing indoors, and having a soft defense that lets him throw it all over the lot because they play from behind a ton.

Lions have the 8th ranked defense while the Jets have the 19th.

This makes no sense then without factoring in next-level statistics that are being shunned here. The Lions can't be top 10 in both offense and defense and be 2-4 and -17 in net points without taking into account opponent.

According to FO, the Lions have the 8th-ranked offense and 18th-ranked defense by DVOA.

We're 26th and 15th, respectively.

Where have I ever even come remotely close to saying that? Stafford clearly has more natural ability than Sanchez and a better feel for the position. But he does get bailed out a lot by having a freak at WR, playing indoors, and having a soft defense that lets him throw it all over the lot because they play from behind a ton.

their defense is 8th. Jets are 17th or whatevs.

This makes no sense then without factoring in next-level statistics that are being shunned here. The Lions can't be top 10 in both offense and defense and be 2-4 and -17 in net points without taking into account opponent.

According to FO, the Lions have the 8th-ranked offense and 18th-ranked defense by DVOA.

damn you and your DVOA rhetoric.

And this lines up nicely with QB play. Stafford ranks 10th in DVOA. Sanchez is 26th.

Well, the Lions have scored 133 points on offense while the Jets have scored 131 on offense, plus 4 TDs in returns which accounts for their total point differential of 133 vs. 159. Surprising that even taking that into account the Jets 29th ranked 0 has scored nearly as many points as the Lions' 4th ranked O.

If we had a defense that Rex is saying we have, we would be 5-2

This defense has dragged Sanchez's ass to victories for years. Continuing to demand perfection to make up for Sanchez's flaws shows how far the argument for Sanchez and against Rex has trended in the direction of "retarded".

This defense has dragged Sanchez's ass to victories for years. Continuing to demand perfection to make up for Sanchez's flaws shows how far the argument for Sanchez and against Rex has trended in the direction of "retarded".

Is it too much to ask an "elite" defense to close the ball game when it is their hands?

To me, no. Yet, we see Rex's defense give up game winning drives far too often. Sanchez doesn't play defense. Can't pin that on him.

The Jets and Patriots had approximately the same number of plays on offense through 3 quarters, so don't try the excuse "they were tired because of offensive ineptitude".

Rex's defense sucks too. Especially when games are on the line. It is a fact.

LOL. You're quibbling over 3 spots in defensive DVOA? Both the Jets and Lions' Ds are mediocre-to-suck according to DVOA, but the Lions are better according to official NFL stats of total defense and they are a slot apart in points allowed.

LOL. You're quibbling over 3 spots in defensive DVOA? Both the Jets and Lions' Ds are mediocre-to-suck according to DVOA, but the Lions are better according to official NFL stats of total defense and they are a slot apart in points allowed.

what the hell are we even arguing

Archived