Not over yet.

sh4dy15

I will probably get killed for this post after such a bad loss, which I literally thought about all night and made it hard to wake up this morning, but I do not think this season is over. I know the pessimism is high on this board right now about everything from Sanchez to Rex but this team has shown some heart. Everytime they are given no chance they stick around and make it a game.

I think the Jets are far from out of it. They have showed time and time again that they will not quit and they can stick around with some of the better teams in the league. You take out 1 of the 4 major mistakes this team made yesterday and this is a W. I know you can't go back and change it and there is no such thing as moral victories but I still believe in this team possibly making some noise especially with how bad the AFC is this year.

7 out of the next 9 games are winnable so you know we can expect the Jets to lose 1 of them and 2 of them they probably shouldn't win but I have faith they can win 1 of them (hopefully the ****in Pats at home). This team can still finish 10-6 and that will be enough to get in.

All you have to do is make it to the playoffs and anything can happen.

Sorry for my optimism. I know this loss really hurts, just trying to keep the faith here.

Tough loss but a well fought game. We showed resilience. We showed fight. Someone had to lose and we came up short. That drop from Hill I almost threw up. but we kept fighting. Poor Hill, looked like he was going to cry. We will play and beat the fish next week. Dont give up, our team wont.

I will probably get killed for this post after such a bad loss, which I literally thought about all night and made it hard to wake up this morning, but I do not think this season is over. I know the pessimism is high on this board right now about everything from Sanchez to Rex but this team has shown some heart. Everytime they are given no chance they stick around and make it a game.

I think the Jets are far from out of it. They have showed time and time again that they will not quit and they can stick around with some of the better teams in the league. You take out 1 of the 4 major mistakes this team made yesterday and this is a W. I know you can't go back and change it and there is no such thing as moral victories but I still believe in this team possibly making some noise especially with how bad the AFC is this year.

7 out of the next 9 games are winnable so you know we can expect the Jets to lose 1 of them and 2 of them they probably shouldn't win but I have faith they can win 1 of them (hopefully the ****in Pats at home). This team can still finish 10-6 and that will be enough to get in.

All you have to do is make it to the playoffs and anything can happen.

Sorry for my optimism. I know this loss really hurts, just trying to keep the faith here.

No its not over. Not by a long shot. And for those who think it is are stupid.

Now... do we have problems?? Yep. Lots of them. QB, RB, WR, TE, Secondary, LB's, No pressure on QB, mediocre coaching and play calling. But... lucky for the Jets the league is mediocre and flawed. We need to capitalize on the mediocrity and win a few games in the next few weeks. this season is far from over, but we will need 9-10 wins. We will need to win 6-7 games out of the remaining 9. Thats a tough task especially since we've played .500 ball for the past year and a half.

Now is not the time to turn on this team. We did some nice things against the struggling Pats, but we need to do more and play better. We're not going to win 7 games by making so many damn bone head mistakes. A loss is a loss and there is no joy in them, but I was pleased we looked like a better football team yesterday.

No its not over. Not by a long shot. And for those who think it is are stupid.

Now... do we have problems?? Yep. Lots of them. QB, RB, WR, TE, Secondary, LB's, No pressure on QB, mediocre coaching and play calling. But... lucky for the Jets the league is mediocre and flawed. We need to capitalize on the mediocrity and win a few games in the next few weeks. this season is far from over, but we will need 9-10 wins. We will need to win 6-7 games out of the remaining 9. Thats a tough task especially since we've played .500 ball for the past year and a half.

Now is not the time to turn on this team. We did some nice things against the struggling Pats, but we need to do more and play better. We're not going to win 7 games by making so many damn bone head mistakes. A loss is a loss and there is no joy in them, but I was pleased we looked like a better football team yesterday.

Wow I didn't know a DLine, OLine, and a secondary can win games all by themselves, even more impressive when their coaching stinks. We must have HOFers at every position on those units.

Ok my sarcasm is done, your right there are a lot of problems with certain positions, but they are not problems that can't be fixed, and TBH if only one of those problems gets fixed (QB) this team can beat any team in the AFC, and I don't mean any given Sunday, I mean they would be the better team.

Also the coaching aspect isn't as big of a problem as most think, the coaching is IMO excellent from Tuesday till the 4th quarter, Rex, and Tony just need to realize conservative isn't going to win against elite QB's in this league, that is my only gripe with yesterday, Tony got Soft after the fumbled kick, and Rex in turn got soft on his COVERAGES on the final drive, I don't have a problem with the not blitzing, I think Brady will burn you more if you blitz, I have a problem with backing off the coverage, Rex should have stayed with the game plan for the final drive, hopefully they both can learn from this.

This season is far from over, IF the Jets don't put their heads down, and take the whoa is me approach to yesterday's outcome, they will get a chance to play this same NE Patriots team for the same prize winner takes over 1st place on Thanksgiving night. This team played hard, and left it all out on the field yesterday, yes some made stupid mistakes players, and coaches, but it wasn't due to quiting, or not caring, if they play the rest of the season with that effort, pride, and heart 10-6 is the floor IMO with who is left on their schedule, and an AFC East championship is still possible, and they still hold their own destiny in winning that division.

The Miami game will dictate our playoff chances. Lose to them to fall to 3-5 and 2-2 in the division and we're about toast. Win and we're 4-4 and 3-1 with a pretty decent shot at a Wild Card. If we can't beat the Dolphins at home we don't deserve the playoffs anyways, so a lot riding on this one.

The unfortunate thing is our schedule doesn't look nearly as easy as it once did when the schedule first came out. Sure, we get the godawful Jaguars and Titans, but we also have to deal with 3 more teams out of the NFC West, arguably the best division in football right now. Do you put it past us to lose to the f***ing Rams? I sure don't.

Wow I didn't know a DLine, OLine, and a secondary can win games all by themselves, even more impressive when their coaching stinks. We must have HOFers at every position on those units.

Did I say that?? No. Not really getting what you're trying to say. I was pointing out for the 7th straight week that its a total team failure when we lose. And yesterday we had a lot of glaring issues.

Ok my sarcasm is done, your right there are a lot of problems with certain positions, but they are not problems that can't be fixed, and TBH if only one of those problems gets fixed (QB) this team can beat any team in the AFC, and I don't mean any given Sunday, I mean they would be the better team.

Also the coaching aspect isn't as big of a problem as most think, the coaching is IMO excellent from Tuesday till the 4th quarter, Rex, and Tony just need to realize conservative isn't going to win against elite QB's in this league, that is my only gripe with yesterday, Tony got Soft after the fumbled kick, and Rex in turn got soft on his COVERAGES on the final drive, I don't have a problem with the not blitzing, I think Brady will burn you more if you blitz, I have a problem with backing off the coverage, Rex should have stayed with the game plan for the final drive, hopefully they both can learn from this.

This season is far from over, IF the Jets don't put their heads down, and take the whoa is me approach to yesterday's outcome, they will get a chance to play this same NE Patriots team for the same prize winner takes over 1st place on Thanksgiving night. This team played hard, and left it all out on the field yesterday, yes some made stupid mistakes players, and coaches, but it wasn't due to quiting, or not caring, if they play the rest of the season with that effort, pride, and heart 10-6 is the floor IMO with who is left on their schedule, and an AFC East championship is still possible, and they still hold their own destiny in winning that division.

Thats what worries me about the coaching staff. Ive seen too many times coaches doing well and then falling apart late (not just jets). The sign of a good coach is the ability to continue to coach well when it matters at the end. And that has been and continues to be my fear of this coaching staff. They are ok, but so close to being good. Yet they cant get there.

If this team can play like this for most of the rest of the season, we have a shot at making it. I hope they dont quit. They sure didnt yesterday.

They are playing good ball right now just not doing enough to win. With how wide open this season is in the AFC, its far from over.

Beat the Dolphags and go into the bye on a good note. Take the 2 weeks to prepare for Seattle and win that game, which is tough on the road, and we're talking playoffs. You can bet that.

Tough loss but a well fought game. We showed resilience. We showed fight. Someone had to lose and we came up short. That drop from Hill I almost threw up. but we kept fighting. Poor Hill, looked like he was going to cry. We will play and beat the fish next week. Dont give up, our team wont.

HAH! We'll see about that buddy.

people are saying this is a bad loss. how is it bad? they were predicted to be blown out and they ultimately lost to a better team on the road. the Jets are improving, even in losses. That's good news folks. I know we want all our good news to come in the form of Wins but life isn't all that cut and dried.

people are saying this is a bad loss. how is it bad? they were predicted to be blown out and they ultimately lost to a better team on the road. the Jets are improving, even in losses. That's good news folks. I know we want all our good news to come in the form of Wins but life isn't all that cut and dried.

its a bad loss because they were the better team yesterday

They are playing good ball right now just not doing enough to win. With how wide open this season is in the AFC, its far from over.

Beat the Dolphags and go into the bye on a good note. Take the 2 weeks to prepare for Seattle and win that game, which is tough on the road, and we're talking playoffs. You can bet that.

This

You know what, when you think about it, this Jets team has a lot of players who never been out there when the game is on the line, unlike 2009, and 2010, the likes of Woody, TRich, Cotchery, Ellis, Faneca, and even Holmes/Revis for yesterdays game are gone, and we have guys like McNight, Kerley, Hill, Schillens, Austin, Slausson, Coples, Wilkerson, D Davis, K Wilson, Ducasse, to name a few who never played big minutes in crunch time in the NFL, maybe this roster needs to learn how to win, and start believing they will win like the 2009, and 2010 teams did, atleast from week 15 of 2009 to AFC Championship game 2010, that 2009 team went through the same sh*t for the first 14 weeks, and they figured out how to win at the end as the season ended.

This

You know what, when you think about it, this Jets team has a lot of players who never been out there when the game is on the line, unlike 2009, and 2010, the likes of Woody, TRich, Cotchery, Ellis, Faneca, and even Holmes/Revis for yesterdays game are gone, and we have guys like McNight, Kerley, Hill, Schillens, Austin, Slausson, Coples, Wilkerson, D Davis, K Wilson, Ducasse, to name a few who never played big minutes in crunch time in the NFL, maybe this roster needs to learn how to win, and start believing they will win like the 2009, and 2010 teams did, atleast from week 15 of 2009 to AFC Championship game 2010, that 2009 team went through the same sh*t for the first 14 weeks, and they figured out how to win at the end as the season ended.

This is a huge factor. That and, the guys they have out there that do have the experience are useless now.

They are dealing with a lot of adversity from injuries, to experience and installing a new offense.

2 games in a row the Jets have had the ball with a chance to win and just couldnt get it done. Thats what needs to be fixed right now. Sanchez, Sparano, WR's - somethings got to give.

This is a huge factor. That and, the guys they have out there that do have the experience are useless now.

They are dealing with a lot of adversity from injuries, to experience and installing a new offense.

2 games in a row the Jets have had the ball with a chance to win and just couldnt get it done. Thats what needs to be fixed right now. Sanchez, Sparano, WR's - somethings got to give.

Completely agree with you! I might be pushing the optimism a bit too far here, but I feel like we've made some strides offensively the past few weeks. Sanchez has looked moderately better (still making some bad mental mistakes), finally look like they're getting Keller more involved, Kerley's playing really well, and the offensive line is playing great. Maybe just maybe this team will get their s*** together just in time to make some noise.

Time will tell.

I think the Jets are far from out of it.

I agree.

Bit, I wouldn't say a BAD loss but a tough one for sure. That game was in their hands...literally in Stephen Hills hands. Granted we weren't guaranteed to score a TD there but we could have ran a lot more clock down and forced them to use all time outs.

I know its too late and you can't look back but man that loss sucked.

Yeah it's definitely not over. I think most people are really pissed today because after the 49er loss everyone was convinced we were a terrible team on the way to the worse record in the league. Especially with all the injuries we've been getting hit with. But even after all that we had an opportunity to be above .500 and take a hold of the division and beat a rival team. No one expected to be here and people are more pissed about the missed opportunity. But we are definitely not out of it.

Doesnt matter who the opponent is. When you have a lead late and dont hold onto the victory its a bad loss.

Doesnt matter what people predicted, thought, tweeted or yelled. Its a loss. Looking good means nothing when we're home in January thanks to an 8-8 record.

There's plenty of football left in the season for the AFC East. None of the teams are dominating anyone. I thought the Jets played toe-to-toe with the Patriots yesterday and should have won the game. When you are inside the 5 yard line and have a back who has converted all of his 3rd and 1, and you also have Tebow who seems to always generate positive yards when running with the ball, you don't call a slant which has failed all game. To me, that play cost you the game.

There's plenty of football left in the season for the AFC East. None of the teams are dominating anyone. I thought the Jets played toe-to-toe with the Patriots yesterday and should have won the game. When you are inside the 5 yard line and have a back who has converted all of his 3rd and 1, and you also have Tebow who seems to always generate positive yards when running with the ball, you don't call a slant which has failed all game. To me, that play cost you the game.

I hate to agree with a fish fan but that play call bothered me the most.

Completely agree with you! I might be pushing the optimism a bit too far here, but I feel like we've made some strides offensively the past few weeks. Sanchez has looked moderately better (still making some bad mental mistakes), finally look like they're getting Keller more involved, Kerley's playing really well, and the offensive line is playing great. Maybe just maybe this team will get their s*** together just in time to make some noise.

Time will tell.

I think they do. For sure. I see them getting 5-6 wins during the 2nd half of the season.

Agreed. They were all over the skinny post. Dont think it worked once all game.

///goes to puke

If you were ever going to use Tebow that was the ideal situation- what was Sparano thinking there all Jet fans want to know

Tebow or Greene....how many times did Simms say that Greene had been perfect on the year on 3rd and 1?

Bad playing call twice within the 10 that made us settle for FG's. IMO - the biggest factors in the game next to the awful pick by Sanchez.

Next week is our playoff game. If we lose to Dolphins then its a huge uphill climb. We are 2-1 in the division and will 3-1 in the division if we win.

One thing going for us is we have all of remaining division games at home.

Buffalo is on the road last game

Archived