Jets Violate media policy

whodeawhodat

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Jets have violated the NFL's media policy by not making coach Rex Ryan or other team executives available within a week of the end of the regular season.

Ryan and owner Woody Johnson will meet with the media on Jan. 8. The season ended Sunday, Dec. 30.

The Professional Football Writers of America lodged a complaint with the league on Wednesday.

''We have been assured the league is looking into it,'' PFWA President Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News said. ''We'll await word from the NFL.''

The media agreement with the PFWA requires a season-ending news conference with the head coach, owner, club president or general manager be held during the week following the season finale. Mike Tannenbaum was fired as GM on Monday, then issued a statement.

A Jets spokesman deferred comment to the league. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello would not speculate what punishment the team could get for the violation.

The Jets annoy me endlessly, but the way the beat writers are acting about this, you'd think there were naked, mutilated, murdered bodies stashed in the basement at Florham Park.

The funny part is they're all like, "THE FANS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!" ...except that the fans seem particularly well versed without the beat writers' help.

oh that was good. And juicy. I actually hate the New York media more than the New York Jets...so I'd like to turncoat my turncoat and say, YOU GO WOODY!!!

Although this is a losing battle which will only make the Jets' life worse, I can appreciate any middle finger to media outlets....which IMO, are set to destroy the World.

So as this team continues its downward spiral, I can at least respect that a little bit more, if there is, in fact, intent to metaphorically tell the media, GFY.

Archived