Rob Ryan to New Orleans as DC-

faba

The New Orleans Saints plan to hire former Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator, according to league sources.

The boisterous Ryan was fired as defensive coordinator of the Cowboys on Jan. 8, soon after owner Jerry Jones said he would make major changes to a team that finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

After his ouster in Dallas, Ryan said, "I'll be out of work for like five minutes."

The St. Louis Rams visited twice with Ryan but ultimately decided not to hire him as his addition was not a good "scheme fit," according to coach Jeff Fisher.

Information from ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press was used in this report.

The Saints are interviewing a college coach first.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/02/todd_grantham_rob_ryan_to_inte.html

Ryan appeared to have been hired for the Rams' defensive coordinator job. Then the Rams announced last week that Ryan wouldn't fill the position. There's been conflicting reports as to whether the Rams shunned Ryan or Ryan shunned the Rams.

Ryan is the son of famed NFL coach Buddy Ryan, the architect of the famed Bears 46 defense. Buddy Ryan was a mentor to former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who was suspended indefinitely by the NFL after the league said he orchestrated a bounty program in New Orleans during his three-season stint with the Saints.

I gotta say, laugh all you want at the guy, the five minute comment, whatever, it's only three days since the Super Bowl and this guy has gotten himself hired twice this off season.

The spin only a Jets fan could put on what is otherwise considered a joke.

rams were saving face. Rob found out Saints gig was his after he 'accepted' rams gig. BUT, he never signed a Rams contract. I can see how his 'without a contract' 1st meeting went with Rama, LOL.

Rob to Fisher: "Uh, ya, I want 50 million dollars and 50% of Jersey sales and I want Schotty to be my personal Butler"

He SO knew he wanted Saints gig he threw out crap on table that made Rams pass. They KNEW his scheme BEFORE they offered and announced to world he was Rams new DC. Come on folks, Rob pulled a mini-coup ;)

rams were saving face. Rob found out Saints gig was his after he 'accepted' rams gig. BUT, he never signed a Rams contract. I can see how his 'without a contract' 1st meeting went with Rama, LOL.

Rob to Fisher: "Uh, ya, I want 50 million dollars and 50% of Jersey sales and I want Schotty to be my personal Butler"

He SO knew he wanted Saints gig he threw out crap on table that made Rams pass. They KNEW his scheme BEFORE they offered and announced to world he was Rams new DC. Come on folks, Rob pulled a mini-coup ;)

Yeah, his Mama only raised one idiot.

Learn to read a date and time stamp. The article you linked was posted last night. The news of sources confirming Ryan being hired by the Saints broke this morning.

As usual, you are wrong and slower than the rest of us.

I heard he was going to be hired by NO yesterday. just sayin...

Learn to read a date and time stamp. The article you linked was posted last night. The news of sources confirming Ryan being hired by the Saints broke this morning.

As usual, you are wrong and slower than the rest of us.

Only Ryan hasnt been hired yet . LOLZ

Show us a link confirming his hire with NO right now? Not planned hire or reported hire.

One doesnt exist. The joke is on you.

Saints coach Sean Payton would only say Ryan will interview with the Saints at the end of the week, when asked Wednesday morning to address the hiring in a phone interview with ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike in the Morning."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8919487/new-orleans-saints-plan-hire-rob-ryan-defensive-coordinator-according-sources

Archived