Jets Current Depth Chart

flgreen

Current depth chart: Holes galore

February, 19, 2013
Feb 19

7:25

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Tuesday's roster moves, though not unexpected, took a chunk out of the Jets' roster. Here's a look at the current depth chart (holdover players from 2012):

OFFENSE

WR Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Jordan White
LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG Vladimir Ducasse, Matt Slauson (UFA)
C Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff
RG Ducasse, Brandon Moore (UFA)
RT Austin Howard (RFA)
TE Jeff Cumberland (RFA), Konrad Reuland, Hayden Smith, Dustin Keller (UFA)
WR Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Braylon Edwards (UFA)
QB Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy
FB Lex Hilliard (UFA)
RB Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight, Shonn Greene (UFA)

DEFENSE

DE Muhammad Wilkerson
NT Sione Po'uha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison
DT Quinton Coples, Mike DeVito (UFA)
OLB Garrett McIntyre, Bryan Thomas (UFA)
ILB DeMario Davis, Josh Mauga
ILB David Harris, Nick Bellore
OLB Ricky Sapp
CB Darrelle Revis, Kyle Wilson, Aaron Berry
CB Antonio Cromartie, Ellis Lankster, Darrin Walls
S Josh Bush, LaRon Landry (UFA)
S Antonio Allen, Yeremiah Bell (UFA)

why does the "current" depth chart have Revis lost to IR last week 3 but not Holmes lost to IR week 4. Both should be back from IR. Altho Revis is a straight forward ACL with Holmes injury (2x operated on lis franc fracture)  it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play again.

JMO The Jets are going WR the question is when. round 1 might not happen but 2 looks deep with WR prospects. 

Current depth chart: Holes galore

February, 19, 2013

Feb 19

7:25

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Tuesday's roster moves, though not unexpected, took a chunk out of the Jets' roster. Here's a look at the current depth chart (holdover players from 2012):

OFFENSE

WR Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Jordan White

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

LG Vladimir Ducasse

C Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff

RG ?

RT ?

TE Konrad Reuland, Hayden Smith

WR Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates

QB Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy

FB ?

RB Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight

DEFENSE

DE Muhammad Wilkerson

NT Sione Po'uha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison

DT Quinton Coples

OLB Garrett McIntyre

ILB DeMario Davis, Josh Mauga

ILB David Harris, Nick Bellore

OLB Ricky Sapp

CB Darrelle Revis, Kyle Wilson, Aaron Berry

CB Antonio Cromartie, Ellis Lankster, Darrin Walls

S Josh Bush

S Antonio Allen

Had to update this to only players under contract with us sitting 5 million under the cap?

why does the "current" depth chart have Revis lost to IR last week 3 but not Holmes lost to IR week 4. Both should be back from IR. Altho Revis is a straight forward ACL with Holmes injury (2x operated on lis franc fracture)  it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play again.

JMO The Jets are going WR the question is when. round 1 might not happen but 2 looks deep with WR prospects. 

They just took a WR in the 2nd round last season.  Who are you, Matt Millen?

Had to update this to only players under contract with us sitting 5 million under the cap?

You have listed some guys that are RFAs as with the team, but left off some that are more important.  Mauga is an RFA coming off an injury.  I'd expect him back, but I didn't expect them to cut a minimum type player like Josh Baker.  Cumberland and Howard are low-starter level players and will certainly be back.  

Isaiah Trufant is an exclusive rights FA coming off a significant knee injury, but the job he did on Welker in the first Pats game was impressive.  The guy is a great pure cover corner, but so small he might be useless on other defenses.  I think they'll probably have him back.  You would think the signing of Berry would make Lankster and Trufant more expendable, but Berry didn't seem to pass those guys on the depth chart.  Maybe that was just the lack of camp to learn the D, but he was there for a loooong time.

There are a bunch of guys that they signed that are fringe level players.  A few will make the team, a couple might end up being players.  Dennis Landolt the lineman from Penn State might be one.  They are under contract.  A bunch of receivers like Royce Pollard and the CFL guy Arceneaux.  Other guys that have already gotten some run like Dedrick Epps are exclusive rights FAs. 

They just took a WR in the 2nd round last season.  Who are you, Matt Millen?

in this case, I hope so cause Millen eventually took Calvin. 

besides the fact that functional teams need at least 3 (if not 4) decent targets, Hill is a guy who can't run routes and can't catch.  Holmes is very hurt and gone after this year.

They need WCO players. They are going WR just watch. Don't have to believe me, they will use either a day 1 or day 2 pick at the position (rounds 1,2,3).

You have listed some guys that are RFAs as with the team, but left off some that are more important.  Mauga is an RFA coming off an injury.  I'd expect him back, but I didn't expect them to cut a minimum type player like Josh Baker.  Cumberland and Howard are low-starter level players and will certainly be back.  

Isaiah Trufant is an exclusive rights FA coming off a significant knee injury, but the job he did on Welker in the first Pats game was impressive.  The guy is a great pure cover corner, but so small he might be useless on other defenses.  I think they'll probably have him back.  You would think the signing of Berry would make Lankster and Trufant more expendable, but Berry didn't seem to pass those guys on the depth chart.  Maybe that was just the lack of camp to learn the D, but he was there for a loooong time.

There are a bunch of guys that they signed that are fringe level players.  A few will make the team, a couple might end up being players.  Dennis Landolt the lineman from Penn State might be one.  They are under contract.  A bunch of receivers like Royce Pollard and the CFL guy Arceneaux.  Other guys that have already gotten some run like Dedrick Epps are exclusive rights FAs. 

I think that was Lankster but I could be mistaken.  I just used BGs chart and removed the UFAs and RFAs.  If there are errors, take it up with the big guy.

besides the fact that functional teams need at least 3 decent targets, Hill is a guy who can't run routes and can't catch.  They need WCO players. They are going WR just watch. Don't have to believe me, they will use either a day 1 or day 2 pick at the position (rounds 1,2,3).

Hill reminds me of the guy from the Ravens as far as rookie seasons go.  We will see what a year in the systems does for him.

in this case, I hope so cause Millen eventually took Calvin. 

besides the fact that functional teams need at least 3 (if not 4) decent targets, Hill is a guy who can't run routes and can't catch.  Holmes is very hurt and gone after this year.

They need WCO players. They are going WR just watch. Don't have to believe me, they will use either a day 1 or day 2 pick at the position (rounds 1,2,3).

I agree the position is lacking, but seems like there are bigger holes.  We will have to wait and see what free agency brings before even guessing on when/where they will take what position.

I think that was Lankster but I could be mistaken.  I just used BGs chart and removed the UFAs and RFAs.  If there are errors, take it up with the big guy.

I didn't mean to single you out for the error.  It wasn't FlGreen's fault either - it was Cimini.  He skipped all the futures contract guys and all the restricted rights FAs and counted some guys like Mauga who are RFAs, but not the more important RFAs who would be starters on that depth chart - Cumberland and Howard.

It was Trufant.  Trufant is tiny but did a significantly better job in coverage than Lankster and Lankster only started getting run at the end of the year after Trufant  got hurt.  They both are small and have some skills, but I'm quite sure of this because I always like Lankster and thought Trufant too small.  With Welker possibly leaving the division they may not need Trufant as much as a bigger guy that can try to cover Gronk and Hernandez

Archived