Could Jets Standing Up To Revis Lead To Long Term Deal

JetNation

lol I loved Tannenbaum's quote a few weeks back that the Jets cap problems could be fixed in ten minutes. The guy is a buffoon and should work for the Fed.

Tannenbaum has singlehandedly ruined the NFL network for me this year. Hopefully he gets a job soon.

Tannenbaum has singlehandedly ruined the NFL network for me this year. Hopefully he gets a job soon.

I imagine he'd be terrific in interviews.

Btw, check out Jason's breakdown of the Jets' payroll. It's got ten guys making all the money, then 43 guys scratching the minimum. I'd have to look to see if other teams are structured this way, but it's amazing how the salaries (and talent level) drops off the table.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

I imagine he'd be terrific in interviews.

Btw, check out Jason's breakdown of the Jets' payroll. It's got ten guys making all the money, then 43 guys scratching the minimum. I'd have to look to see if other teams are structured this way, but it's amazing how the salaries (and talent level) drops off the table.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

So what you're saying is..."rebuilding" is a myth and we're doing ok?

Revis could have 0 passes completed against him and the Jets still lose 24-6.   That's just not a position worth paying QB money for.   

Who would the Ravens rather have Revis or Flacco?   Manning or Revis?   Brady or Revis?  

hell Andrew Luck, Russel Wilson, RG3, Kapernick or Revis?     

what I hate most about the revis situation is that no one would be talking about trading the team's best player if Sanchez was good. Mark Sanchez sucks therefore the Jets suck, therefore they don't need Revis. It's all Mark's fault. He's ruined this franchise. Worst. Pick. Ever.

what I hate most about the revis situation is that no one would be talking about trading the team's best player if Sanchez was good. Mark Sanchez sucks therefore the Jets suck, therefore they don't need Revis. It's all Mark's fault. He's ruined this franchise. Worst. Pick. Ever.

They very well might be. They would still be under the same limitations in terms of cap, and be at odds with their best cornerback.

Revis has brought acrimony to the relationship of the Jets. As much as Sanchez is the suck, it has nothing to do with the demands of a prima donna athlete.

They very well might be. They would still be under the same limitations in terms of cap, 

this cap thing is malarky. everyone has the same cap. The teams that are supposedly in the Revis market are in the same cap hell as the Jets. The diff is that their "cap hell" players are peyton manning and patrick willis and ours is Mark Sanchez. the Jets don't think they are close to a SB and it's because of Mark. 

I'd prefer to keep Revis but dude's demands are too much

LET'S GO AFTER VICTOR CRUZ

What did the hell Victor Cruz ever do to you?  If he plays with our lame duck QB's he and his momma will lose the Chunky Soup commercial.  Control your hate man.

this cap thing is malarky. everyone has the same cap. The teams that are supposedly in the Revis market are in the same cap hell as the Jets. The diff is that their "cap hell" players are peyton manning and patrick willis and ours is Mark Sanchez. the Jets don't think they are close to a SB and it's because of Mark. 

You just showed your age Bit.  LOL

Or, blame media. Prop up coach because he is a good sound bite.

Worst Eras (Jets):

1. Kotite Era-- The sheer level of incompetence was mind-numbing, but the fact that he didn't care was perhaps the most galling. Kotite wasn't a terrible coach in Philly, so he has that to hang his hat on, but his Jets tenure ranks only behind the Don Nelson Knicks Era, the Ray Handley Giants Era, and the Jeff Torborg Mets Era for most embarrassing New York Sports disasters of the last 25 years.

2. Herm Era: What do you get when you hand an entirely unqualified buffoon a Parcells-built, ready to compete roster filled with young studs and reliable vets? You get a roster that crashes and burns in front of you, exacerbated by idiotic press conferences to explain away horrific clock and personnel management. A born loser.

3. Rex Era-- Similar to Herm, came in running his mouth, and will leave with his tail between his legs. Two good years with Mangini's foundation of solid vets, two awful years with his hand-picked crew of me-first punks. On deck to captain the most brutal Jets season since Kotite's 1-15. Rex will best be remembered for returning the Jets to national punchline status.

4. Coslet Era-- Egomaniac offensive coordinator who found out that life is hard when you don't have a big QB. Suffered under the Steve Gutman stewardship, but sucked nonetheless.

Vernon Gholston was the worst draft pick ever. At least Mark got on the field. Mark might represent the worst coaching job of a quarterback ever.

Willis is what,  9-10 Million under the cap.  That's not cap hell.   

The problem it seems with Revis is he doesn't like deals.  He wants to be 16 Million per year under the cap.  

If Revis got his money and counted only 9-10 Million under the cap, the Jets would be stupid for not giving it to him.

The issue resides in the fact it seems Revis is never about the team.  He's not even just about money. It's greed and ego.   He has to be the highest paid defensive player and that has to be some checkbox.   Maybe we are all wrong and he will sign some wonderful cap friendly deal.  But his past says that's not happening.

Dawan Landry signed a FIVE year 27.5 million dollar deal with the Jaguars.

He was cut today before year 3.

It's a complete dirtbag, sh*t dicked league/sport, but Revis is the bad guy for wanting his. Fuuuuuuck I don't get why I even kinda sorta follow this sport.

Stop by the unemployment office next Tuesday.  The guy who gave those contracts out will be standing in line

Each of those guys also can and probably will be cut after this season. Again, I don't see the long-term issue with giving Revis big money. Who else is it going to go to?

Everyone's cap is relatively the same, BUT everyone's cap situation is very different. Well managed teams have an ebb and flow of dollars coming off the books to take care of new dollars that need to come on. The Jets did not account for that.

It is apparent that the Jets felt that they had a window to win a SB, and put all their eggs in the basket to do it then. Funny thing happened along the way-it didn't happen.

Mark Sanchez did not put a gun to the Jets head and say "pay me". The Jets did that to themselves.

Revis on the other hand does have that gun  in hand.

Dawan Landry signed a FIVE year 27.5 million dollar deal with the Jaguars.

He was cut today before year 3.

It's a complete dirtbag, sh*t dicked league/sport, but Revis is the bad guy for wanting his. Fuuuuuuck I don't get why I even kinda sorta follow this sport.

I won't besmirch Revis his wanting money, and even top dollar. But his way of going about it leaves a lot to be desired.

Repping your own posts? Pretty gauche. 

Malarkey, eh?  I dunno.  I'm thinking, hocum.  Or maybe even fiddlesticks.  But marlarkey?  I think that's a bit strong.

Worst Eras (Jets):

1. Kotite Era-- The sheer level of incompetence was mind-numbing, but the fact that he didn't care was perhaps the most galling. Kotite wasn't a terrible coach in Philly, so he has that to hang his hat on, but his Jets tenure ranks only behind the Don Nelson Knicks Era, the Ray Handley Giants Era, and the Jeff Torborg Mets Era for most embarrassing New York Sports disasters of the last 25 years.

2. Herm Era: What do you get when you hand an entirely unqualified buffoon a Parcells-built, ready to compete roster filled with young studs and reliable vets? You get a roster that crashes and burns in front of you, exacerbated by idiotic press conferences to explain away horrific clock and personnel management. A born loser.

3. Rex Era-- Similar to Herm, came in running his mouth, and will leave with his tail between his legs. Two good years with Mangini's foundation of solid vets, two awful years with his hand-picked crew of me-first punks. On deck to captain the most brutal Jets season since Kotite's 1-15. Rex will best be remembered for returning the Jets to national punchline status.

4. Coslet Era-- Egomaniac offensive coordinator who found out that life is hard when you don't have a big QB. Suffered under the Steve Gutman stewardship, but sucked nonetheless.

In-depth knowledge of the history of various regimes across several different sports.  This can only mean a severely restricted access to vagina.  Which is fine.  some might say, even preferable.  I'm not here to judge, man. 

the problem isn't what Mark is being paid.

It's the return on that investment, or lack thereof

Then indeed, the problem is what he is being paid. That are one in the same. Did the Jets figure that because Mark suddenly got a lucrative extension, that he was going to transform into an elite qb?

Sanchez never earned the contract he was being given, therefore the contract was pretty stupid to give.

Then indeed, the problem is what he is being paid. That are one in the same. Did the Jets figure that because Mark suddenly got a lucrative extension, that he was going to transform into an elite qb?

Sanchez never earned the contract he was being given, therefore the contract was pretty stupid to give.

my point is other teams pay their QBs big money. Teams that presumably would want to trade for Revis and pay him big money. If Sanchez' contract was league minimum the Jets wouldn't necessarily be in much better shape. They'd still not be contenders and not be in the Revis market. 

and by the way the extension was just dealing with the left over guaranteed money from the original pick. the original pick was far more stupid than the extension. I've seen alot of threads where people say the extension got Tanny fired, that's not true. The extension allowed them to sign Landry and other FA (pouha). The Jets letting Sanchez play out his deal still gets Tanny fired. the quality of the play is the problem. The original sin was picking him that high in a pre-CBA draft world. 

Like buying a blind hooker a dead seeing eye dog and expecting her to show up to your place on time.  STOOPID

Archived