Arkham Villains - Game Thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tina... yes, almost without fail I do nothing but a joke vote on day one.  Unless something incredibly telling and substantial comes into play it's rather difficult to know  who is scum or not on day one and the odds be NOT ever in favor of townies day one.  That and, as I said, I wouldn't vote for Jif, who was the favorite for the lynch, cause the poor bastard got killed twice in as many days at the beginning of the last game.

As of now I'm suspicious of Darthe for the defensiveness of Tina but also of SMC for that hokey logic of Leelou picking DMER's just cause she is also one.  Me and Lily, at the least, have been playing here about 3 years.  It's time to stop segregating us already.  If being a DMer is your only reasoning behind voting Tina then I just might have to put my vote on you for a dumb reason to vote her.

@Tina... yes, almost without fail I do nothing but a joke vote on day one.  Unless something incredibly telling and substantial comes into play it's rather difficult to know  who is scum or not on day one and the odds be NOT ever in favor of townies day one.  That and, as I said, I wouldn't vote for Jif, who was the favorite for the lynch, cause the poor bastard got killed twice in as many days at the beginning of the last game.

As of now I'm suspicious of Darthe for the defensiveness of Tina but also of SMC for that hokey logic of Leelou picking DMER's just cause she is also one.  Me and Lily, at the least, have been playing here about 3 years.  It's time to stop segregating us already.  If being a DMer is your only reasoning behind voting Tina then I just might have to put my vote on you for a dumb reason to vote her.

It's not segregating you as it is looking at a certain pool of scum candidates.  Do you really think that no former DMer is scum?  That's like thinking no JNer is scum?  I think there has to be at least 1 from each pool and likely more.  I looked at the list and thought Tina was a good guess.  Again, unless you think not a single one of the DMers are scum, then you can say my logic is flawed or dumb.

That said, it was merely a vote.  I think Darthe's response is very telling.  He also escaped from having to reveal D1 although he was L-2.  Forcing a reveal out of Tina or even lynching her may give us some good intel.

It's not segregating you as it is looking at a certain pool of scum candidates.  Do you really think that no former DMer is scum?  That's like thinking no JNer is scum?  I think there has to be at least 1 from each pool and likely more.  I looked at the list and thought Tina was a good guess.  Again, unless you think not a single one of the DMers are scum, then you can say my logic is flawed or dumb.

That said, it was merely a vote.  I think Darthe's response is very telling.  He also escaped from having to reveal D1 although he was L-2.  Forcing a reveal out of Tina or even lynching her may give us some good intel.

All I know is one dmer ISN'T scum.  Logically, yes, at least one of them is.  But it's kind of a weak sauce reason to vote someone no?

Hess dear... why is Crusher bro scum?

All I know is one dmer ISN'T scum.  Logically, yes, at least one of them is.  But it's kind of a weak sauce reason to vote someone no?

Hess dear... why is Crusher bro scum?

It's a D2 vote and intel gathering.  I never said it was a "case" I said I was playing the odds.

Sucks to be you. 

Only sometimes 

It's a D2 vote and intel gathering.  I never said it was a "case" I said I was playing the odds.

Lol the odds of 25% of any group you pick being mafia?  Cause that really isn't advantageous.

Re-read completed.

I could vote SMC or Hess or AVM.

Unvote

Vote Hess

Hess was echoing "Jif is scum" early, and has subsequently bounced his vote around in a way that doesn't feel tied to any scum hunting initiative. Just working the momentum mostly.

SMC chided me for pointing out that JIF shouldn't be allowed to hint his character, and made a very illogical case that "scum would just have to get all of town to character hint" to win type of point. Which was straight stupid. He also chided the town for not getting a reveal out of Darthe, but he didn't seem to care if we did or didn't get one out of JIF. I don't count "riddle me this" as a reveal. So there's a contradiction in there by SMC.

At least one of the people pushing the JIF is the riddler thing is scum. My guess right now is AVM since he's made the cleanest statements related to that character hint. 

I'd kill JIF too, because the last thing town needs is him around all game under the assumption he's town because he said "riddle me". I don't like the wifom about him possibly breaking a mod rule, or not.

I want Crusher to explain what Smash did to be "caught". If it makes sense, I'd also vote Smash. 

finger_wag_small.gif

Picking up where I left off.

Vote Hess

I'm just standing on the sidelines for the Tina/Darthe/SMC stuff, but it's good to see you guys getting legs under you without me pushing the game. SMC is coming odd. Can't put my finger on it, seems like he's trying to bully some weak reasoning through under the veil of being logical. Doesn't make him scum though, that's the thing.

I'm concerned that scum shot at the doc last night, given there were no deaths. So, if we run up someone and they claim cop, odds are it's scum. Odds are lower that we run up the real cop than they are that we run up one of the scum team and they claim cop to out the real cop, given they probably know who the doc is. 

Only sometimes 

Lol the odds of 25% of any group you pick being mafia?  Cause that really isn't advantageous.

Actually, it is adventagous and here's why.

In a 14 player game we can assume there's how many scum? 3? (21%)

The 14 player roster was made up of 8 JNers and 6 DMers. Here is the odds breakdown between the two groups. The first number is the number of potential scum to total number for the pool

JN                         DM

1-8              vs.      2-6

2-8              vs.      1-6

3-8              vs.      0-6

0-8              vs.      3-6

Total:  6/32 (18%)  vs.      6/24 (25%)

Thus, by picking from the DM pool the chances of catching scum is higher (25%) than if we picked from the total pool (21%).

The same would occur if there were 4 scum rather than 3. In that instance, the percentage of scum in total pool is 28%, but in JN pool it is 25% while 33% in DM pool. Again, a better percentage for the latter.

Continuing to segregate us after all this time is dumb. 

I agree.  We are all together, kumbaya and all, but it's just a matter of math and trying to break things down.

I could do the math breakdown male vs. female if you want.  Again, it's not specific to a certain group over the other.  It's trying to find subcategories within a larger category.

You sure are quick to put everything on me. You do realize there are three other people voting you right? And that three more people would need to vote you to achieve a lynch?

Anyways I missed the part where you said you were going to work, didn't realize you were just checking in. 

I have no problem with waiting.

Have a good day and hope you feel better. Eat some hot soup for lunch!

Thank you. I do feel a lot better. I was at an amazing lecture so it was good that I went to work.

I find it difficult to read several players since nobody seems to want to give reasons for their votes. Hess, AVM - why are you voting Crusher?

Thank you. I do feel a lot better. I was at an amazing lecture so it was good that I went to work.

I find it difficult to read several players since nobody seems to want to give reasons for their votes. Hess, AVM - why are you voting Crusher?

Listen to this one, worried about why I'm voting Crusher when she's got 4 votes herself. Hmmm, very townish.

Oh dear jesus SMC, for your logic to actually have effect in the game we would have to lynch every DMer.  Would you prefer to lose by killing them in order or by killing them at random?

Statistically the odds of one group having mafia in it is irrelevant.  We need casework and your theory jeopardizes us mostly because it removes part of the pool of mafia.

Actually, Darthe, we should've started by killing you D1. You squirmed out of a lynch, disappeared, and didn't even reveal at L2. Plus your over the top defense of Tina rings scummy.

We'll learn a lot by killing her or you.

I voted Darthe D1.

I'm willing to go back to Darthe.

As I mentioned, I voted for Tina for the odds. It couldve been anyone, but her play thereafter is interesting.  I was the single vote on her and she asked why I was voting for her. Was she trying to bring out power role?  You know, squeeze a claim out of me just in case I was a power role that investigated her at night and, thus, out me.  I'm not saying I am, but it is an interesting play by her.

Then we have Darthe's Knight in Shiny Armor routine, running to her defense.  His play is the most suspect.  That's the thing.  He proclaims himself Mr. Statistician and critizes my vote based on the odds.  When I show him that the math works and supports it, he NOW argues that my vote somehow distracts from scum hunting.  I am scum hunting and this whole interplay may have caught scum--him. 

The easiest way for Darthe to prove my math is wrong is to vote Tina, but he doesn't.

Archived