Danny Amendola? Seriously?

PFSIKH

Umm, why not join the Welker thread already started instead of hiding out in this one? Oh yeah, cause you're a weasel.

Tell some that cares.

How are the Patriots going to play Football without Wes?

And also possibly no Woodhead???

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!

While Amendola has to show he is and can stay healthy, he is younger and quicker than Wes.  The Patriots are not as good without Wes, but Amendola ICW Hernandez and Gronk, they will be fine.

As much as I love Woodhead, Vereen has way more speed then Woodhead and just as effective runner.

Tell some that cares.

While Amendola has to show he is and can stay healthy, he is younger and quicker than Wes.  The Patriots are not as good without Wes, but Amendola ICW Hernandez and Gronk, they will be fine.

As much as I love Woodhead, Vereen has way more speed then Woodhead and just as effective runner.

Denver signed Welker as a younger replacement for Stokely.  I am wondering why they didn't just go with Amendola as an even younger option with the same skill set since the price was about the same?  

Denver signed Welker as a younger replacement for Stokely.  I am wondering why they didn't just go with Amendola as an even younger option with the same skill set since the price was about the same?  

That is a good question. 

I have never heard of an attitude problem with Wes, but I imagine he will see less passes as he sits between Thomas and Decker.  Plus they have Dressen and Tamme.  Peyton might make a run for 6000.

Danny has injury problems and honestly for both teams, who cares about 5 years from now, these teams have QBs and teams who are looking to win it the next season or two.   It wasn't a money thing because it seems Welker got paid less.   I think it's more BB and Welker didn't see eye to eye. Remember a game or two where Welker kind of was not targeted.

Umm, why not join the Welker thread already started instead of hiding out in this one? Oh yeah, cause you're a weasel troll.

This thread was necessary, just for nostalgia. Yes, seriously.

Good job to the troll.

We're all gonna find out that A) Welker wasn't a special player. B) His one skill was staying healthy. 

How would you find that out considering he went from Brady to Manning.   If he signed with the Jets, then yeah you'd find that out, but he's going to be a great addition on that team.

We're all gonna find out that A) Welker wasn't a special player. B) His one skill was staying healthy. 

He played the same way in Miami before signing with Patriots. Of course his numbers will get a bump going from Miami QB to Brady, but there's no drop off from Brady to Manning. The only issue he faces in Denver is he won't be used as an extension of the running game with the extra 30 dumpoffs he got every year in NE.

He'll be the same player, he won't be used exactly the same way though.

Demarius, Decker and Welker is possibly the best WR corp in football now, or at least will challenge Roddy, Julio and Tony G in ATL.

He played the same way in Miami before signing with Patriots. Of course his numbers will get a bump going from Miami QB to Brady, but there's no drop off from Brady to Manning. The only issue he faces in Denver is he won't be used as an extension of the running game with the extra 30 dumpoffs he got every year in NE.

He'll be the same player, he won't be used exactly the same way though.

Demarius, Decker and Welker is possibly the best WR corp in football now, or at least will challenge Roddy, Julio and Tony G in ATL.

I agree. 

He will not see anywhere near 100 reception unless there are injuries to Decker and/or Thomas.

With all three of them, plus Tamme and Dressen, no way he sees 174 targets.

You know we had to have a thread.

If the 5yr-31 million w/10 guranteed is correct, I think the Patriots' just gave Wes a middle finger.

i think Wes will enjoy stomping ya'll in the playoffs next year...better start posting at Broncosnation next season ;)

btw

Thomas, Welker, Decker....i can't think of a better top 3 wide reciever core

maybe if the Giants draft a nice WR rookie to go with Nicks and Cruz?  only if Nicks plays 14+ games.

GB if they keep Jennings and he produces?? maybe.

i think Wes will enjoy stomping ya'll in the playoffs next year...better start posting at Broncosnation next season ;)

Of this I have no doubt.  If I am not mistaken, I think Irving Fryar loved ripping the Patriots after joining the Dolphins.

Has anyone set an over/under for this thread yet?

(It's a five year deal, he'll probably only see four of those, factor in the yearly trip to the ER, carry the trolls, and multiply for nostaglic bumps)

O/U: 35 pages 

Archived