The Heat is on in Tampa AKA When did Bit start writing for the Tampa Trib?

flgreen

i think you are smarter than this comment. of course we all know its about winning. just focussing on the cap space aspect is short-sighted. the reason why cap space i smor eimportant to us right now is because we have ALOT of positions on a less than mkediocre team that need to be upgraded...some of which are expensive positions. quarterback, runningback, multiple linebackers including a dominant pass rushing linebacker, possibly NT, O-line, wide receivers.......the list is too long for thi steam to be spending so much money on a cornerback when we also have cromartie who is pretty good in his own right. the moneywe woul dhave to spend on rfevis is better spent upgrading other portions of this talent deficient team.

dont get used to cro.

if the team doesn't value revis, they don't value cro either. 

Are people really droning on and on about how we need to keep Revis?

At some point you are going to have to face the reality that he is not going to be a Jet for much longer.  It's over.  Deal with it.  And let's move on to a more productive discussion.  

Are people really droning on and on about how we need to keep Revis?

At some point you are going to have to face the reality that he is not going to be a Jet for much longer.  It's over.  Deal with it.  And let's move on to a more productive discussion.  

it aint over til it's over. 

It's funny when people talk about 'it's about winning' and it's the Bucs and Jets.    Seems like the super bowl contenders aren't desperate to trade away the farm for Revis and pay him as much as some QBs.  The Bucs.  They were what, 7-9 last season.   They need to do something or their GM will be fired.  

And while Revis is great and makes any team better, the reality is  the Jets have missed the playoffs with Revis most of his career.   So far the Jets really had one great season with Revis. And that was 2010.  Other than that, they had the lucky playoff run in 2009(playoffs weren't lucky, making the playoffs were).  So it's not like the Jets have been some big time contender with Revis.   So paying the guy $15 million a year will change the fact that in his 6 years in the NFL, the Jets really have been a legit contending team once?   That's not a very good ROI because in the end, it's about winning.  Not having the greatest CB on a team who seems to finish 8-8 all the time.

i think you are smarter than this comment. of course we all know its about winning. just focussing on the cap space aspect is short-sighted. the reason why cap space i smor eimportant to us right now is because we have ALOT of positions on a less than mkediocre team that need to be upgraded...some of which are expensive positions. quarterback, runningback, multiple linebackers including a dominant pass rushing linebacker, possibly NT, O-line, wide receivers.......the list is too long for thi steam to be spending so much money on a cornerback when we also have cromartie who is pretty good in his own right. the moneywe woul dhave to spend on rfevis is better spent upgrading other portions of this talent deficient team.

and amazingly, no other team is panting for Superman.

It's funny when people talk about 'it's about winning' and it's the Bucs and Jets.    Seems like the super bowl contenders aren't desperate to trade away the farm for Revis and pay him as much as some QBs.  The Bucs.  They were what, 7-9 last season.   They need to do something or their GM will be fired.  

Seems like the Jets aren't desperate to trade away Revis for less than the farm. 

That would be great.

Luckily the Jets don't even have to do that to come up with a competent plan that keeps Revis around.

competent plan to keep revis around means eschewing upgrading other areas of need. revis is a great player....unfortunately he is not worth being payed like the top defensive player in the league. cb's just don't make enough of an impact. if we were set at qb, olb, rb and wr then i could see keepng him around if we could afford it. as it is, he is worth more to us if we can get the trade value.

I just can't wait until we don't have to hear about this anymore because either way, I will find a way to be happy with what happens.. 

With that being said, I'm okay with the lull because I like Idzik's patience in this, not rushing into anything.  I hope he brings a calculated poise to our team that's been lacking for... well, maybe forever.

competent plan to keep revis around means eschewing upgrading other areas of need. revis is a great player....unfortunately he is not worth being payed like the top defensive player in the league. cb's just don't make enough of an impact. if we were set at qb, olb, rb and wr then i could see keepng him around if we could afford it. as it is, he is worth more to us if we can get the trade value.

What area is going to be sacrificed for him?

I dont understand. I thought the point of running an NFL team was to make sure you had cap space.  Precious precious cap space.

I think the Jets can and will make this trade. But it always gives me a little pause when you bring up this point. The Eagles have been run like this, worrying about the salary cap above almsot everything else, as if you get a trophy and parade for that. You can hope that Idzik knows as good as cap room is it doesn't necessarily translate into talent on the field unless you pick and sign the talent wisely.

Archived