Sal Paolantonio on Milliner

T0mShane

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the important take away is Paolantonio is a reporter, not an analyst.

This could be pretty devastating if Milliner is a bust.

And how many scouts and GMs are any better than a Mel Kipper?    Looking at how many teams, including the Jets, miss on so many players, I'd say most of these scouts aren't exactly experts either.

PAC how could you not see we got played ? Did you see what the Rams offered Buffalo ?? We didnt actully get played we played with ourselves.... to say it better

but rams wouldnt risk that w a trade to jets.. they would fear bills would take austin or trade with someone else.. knowing jets wanted austin, they had no choice but to deal w/bills..NOW, If bills picked at 8, then the jets may have been able to deal w/rams..

but rams wouldnt risk that w a trade to jets.. they would fear bills would take austin or trade with someone else.. knowing jets wanted austin, they had no choice but to deal w/bills..NOW, If bills picked at 8, then the jets may have been able to deal w/rams..

The Rams wanted Austin, they did what they could to get Austin.  A few years back the Jets wanted Sanchez, they got Sanchez.  Sometimes teams fall in love with a player.   Sometimes teams just take whomever is available.   

And how many scouts and GMs are any better than a Mel Kipper? Looking at how many teams, including the Jets, miss on so many players, I'd say most of these scouts aren't exactly experts either.

I hear you. Which is why teams who trade known commodities and replace them with high draft picks are usually mercifully ridiculed.

I think the jets deserve the bad grades based on where the first round netted them. That said if both players become stars nobody will remember or care.

Milliner in particular, will have a lot of pressure on him early. What sucks is even if he's good, he'll probably get sh*t on.

I hear you. Which is why teams who trade known commodities and replace them with high draft picks are usually mercifully ridiculed.

I think the jets deserve the bad grades based on where the first round netted them. That said if both players become stars nobody will remember or care.

Milliner in particular, will have a lot of pressure on him early. What sucks is even if he's good, he'll probably get sh*t on.

This is the problem with trading Revis so close to the draft, demanding that #13 pick, and then taking a CB with your first pick.    If you is only 1/4 the player of Revis he will never live it down.    And if Revis goes on to be the HOF player he is and the Bucs become a contender for years, even not winning a super bowl, while the Jets struggle for a long time, it looks even worse.     

This kid will be under pressure to be as good as Revis from the start.   People can dismiss this all they want, but lots of great college players never live up to the hype.  And burn out quick.  Maybe he is different.  We will soon find out.

This is the problem with trading Revis so close to the draft, demanding that #13 pick, and then taking a CB with your first pick.    If you is only 1/4 the player of Revis he will never live it down.    And if Revis goes on to be the HOF player he is and the Bucs become a contender for years, even not winning a super bowl, while the Jets struggle for a long time, it looks even worse.     

This kid will be under pressure to be as good as Revis from the start.   People can dismiss this all they want, but lots of great college players never live up to the hype.  And burn out quick.  Maybe he is different.  We will soon find out.

If that happens the Jets deserve ridicule.  If the Jets are good and Milliner is 1/4 the player of Revis, who the **** cares?  Not me.  I want to win.

Exactamundo.

I'm actually more excited for Richardson. Yeah, he was a luxury pick considering all the holes on the team, but he shows that the Jets might be looking to go to a 4-3, and he might be great playing next to Wilkerson.

I think Rex is trying to create a 7 man front where guys can just line up interchangeably. You'll see Wilkerson, Richardson, Ellis, Pace/Barnes, Coples, Davis all over the place with Garay and Harris in the middle.

Even in a base 34:

DE: Wilkerson

NT: Garay/Ellis

DE: Richardson

OLB: Coples

ILB: Harris

ILB: Davis

OLB: Pace/Barnes

They can slide back Richardson move him inside. Bring Coples up and/or inside, slide Davis outside, Bring Mo outside/in or Ellis inside/out etc.

Bottom line Rex loves to hide his alignments with assignments. He's got 3 explosive, athletic monsters now who can play all around the line in Mo, Coples and Richardson. I wouldn't be surprised to see Coples and Richardson standing up at times. That said you have Garay and Ellis who are also extremely athletic for their size. Pace is older now but still brings versatility and Barnes is their edge rusher. 

I think the whole point is maximum confusion and a lot more of a 5-2 that the Texans play, with Harris and Davis at ILB. 

But that wouldn't have helped the Jets.  Isn't that the Rams' motivation?

You have posted some dreck in the past, but this might take the cake.

Why on Earth would the Rams want to trade up to #9 when there had been reports linking the Bills to Austin at #8?  And why would the Jets trade out of a spot when they have a chance to draft a guy that would've been the top player on their board?

because the Jets needed picks and getting an extra 2 3 and 5 for moving 7 slots in the first round is an extremely good deal. with our needs I take the picks because one player is certainly not making a difference on this team

Archived