Mike Williams

kay_gee

I didn't see this mentioned, so I thought I'd ask:

Does anyone besides me think its ridiculous that the Bucs gave WR Mike Williams a $40+ million extension with $15 million guaranteed? He hasn't posted a 1000 yard season.

I don't find it anymore ridiculous than the jets paying Santonio a similar contract for only one 1,000 yard season that didnt even come during his tenure with the team. 

to be fair, I thought that was ridiculous too.

That's what happens when you decide to give up a 1st round pick(2013) + a 3rd round pick(2014) PLUS 60 mill to a player.

Then you go back around and trade the other CB.

Then you go back around and spend a ridiculous amount of money on a WR who isn't even that great.

This GM obviously is from the Tanny blood line.

They are going to be in the same situation we were/are in.

Trading draft pick's and wasting money to win right then and there.., especially when you can't execute and build around

put's you between a rock and a hard place.

I didn't see this mentioned, so I thought I'd ask:

Does anyone besides me think its ridiculous that the Bucs gave WR Mike Williams a $40+ million extension with $15 million guaranteed? He hasn't posted a 1000 yard season.

I don't find it anymore ridiculous than the jets paying Santonio a similar contract for only one 1,000 yard season that didnt even come during his tenure with the team. 

Difference is, Holmes was hands down the best WR FA on the market that season.

Laurent Robinson got a 5 year, 35 mil contract from the Jags last season.  Thats the NFL.  FA WR's get paid, even the sh*tty ones.

Doug Martin can play.  Revis can play (if the knee hasn't hurt his lateral agility).  They have 2 solid guards.  Other than those guys, does anyone else on Tampa scare you?  Does anyone think they finish any higher than 3rd this year in that division?

Doug Martin can play.  Revis can play (if the knee hasn't hurt his lateral agility).  They have 2 solid guards.  Other than those guys, does anyone else on Tampa scare you?  Does anyone think they finish any higher than 3rd this year in that division?

...but they have Freeman and Mike Glennon!  Obviously they are much better off than the Jets!

Difference is, Holmes was hands down the best WR FA on the market that season.

Laurent Robinson got a 5 year, 35 mil contract from the Jags last season.  Thats the NFL.  FA WR's get paid, even the sh*tty ones.

It's only the consistent Wide out's that KEEP gettin' the $$$$ and positive media attention.

It's only the consistent Wide out's that KEEP gettin' the $$$$ and positive media attention.

Meh, dunno about that.  Danny Amendola got $31.5 million over 5 despite only appearing in 12 games in the last 2 seasons combined.  And yet if you ask the media, he's a Welker clone.

Meh, dunno about that.  Danny Amendola got $31.5 million over 5 despite only appearing in 12 games in the last 2 seasons combined.  And yet if you ask the media, he's a Welker clone.

Only because the team he is playing for, everyone know's the media get's hard when Bill Belicheat steps up to the podium.

Only because the team he is playing for, everyone know's the media get's hard when Bill Belicheat steps up to the podium.

You may be right.  It was nauseating listening to Mike and Mike talk about Belichick's Aaron Hernandez press conference.  Dude finally says something beyond a mumble and now all of a sudden he's Robert Frost or something.  "Oh my god, Bill talked for 7 minutes about how its bad to murder people!  Somebody give him the Nobel Peace Prize AND a Pulitzer, quick!"

Then I spent the next 6 hours re-evaluating my life for even tuning in to that show on my morning commute.

You may be right.  It was nauseating listening to Mike and Mike talk about Belichick's Aaron Hernandez press conference.  Dude finally says something beyond a mumble and now all of a sudden he's Robert Frost or something.  "Oh my god, Bill talked for 7 minutes about how its bad to murder people!  Somebody give him the Nobel Peace Prize AND a Pulitzer, quick!"

Then I spent the next 6 hours re-evaluating my life for even tuning in to that show on my morning commute.

Belichick-272x300.jpg

give-that-man-a-medal.jpg

From what I understand the Bucs are one of the few teams that are on what can be viewed as a cash basis with players.  Almost impossible to get into cap hell with a system like that.  A player isnt performing they can cut that player and there are no future hits on their cap.  keeps their roster in sync to who is performing up to their contracts and who needs to be let go/redone. 

Without looking up their roster, they have Dashon Goldson, Mark Barron, and a highly touted rookie CB in their secondary.  Last year's rookie MLB LaVonte David lead the team in tackles and helped with the league's best Run defense (then again, that could've been because e'rbody could pass all over them).

Vincent Jackson on offense is no slouch.  

I think they can compete this year.  I mean, they play the AFCE for chrissake.  

Nope, they play in that division with Drew Brees, Cam Newton and Matt Ryan.  Darrelle will be busy!

You can't "nope" me.  This year they play against the AFC-East and the NFC-West.  Look it up.  

Last year they had Carolina's number, and I think they can at least split with the Saints and the Falcons. They're an up-swing team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make some noise this year.  

Archived