Last Jets Game With My Son (for a little while)

Maxman

For a little while anyhow...

Many of you met my son at tailgates and Jets events along the way.  He started going to games with me when he was 7, and only missed two games along the way.  When he was in 5th grade he had basketball games on Sunday.  When he was in 6th grade he said Dad I am not playing basketball anymore because it conflicts with the Jets.

Well time goes by and he goes to college and will report for football camp on Monday.  I am not sure what his schedule is yet on the weekends (they play Friday or Saturday) but this could be his last Jets game for now.

Going to get there early today.  Sit back.  Relax.  And enjoy a tailgate as we break down the NY Jets roster like we always do.  :)

And I just reread the thread title.  It sounds darker than I was going for, lol.

LOL...If I hadn't known he was heading off to college, I would have thought something was seriously wrong.

Hey, hopefully there are some games along the way THIS season, that will be worth having him come home from school to go with the old man.

Well time goes by and he goes to college and will report for football camp on Monday.  I am not sure what his schedule is yet on the weekends (they play Friday or Saturday) but this could be his last Jets game for now.

Enjoy it, Max!!

Also, you'll have to report back on whether the overall quality of his life seems to improve.  Perhaps we'll all follow suit. 

LOL...If I hadn't known he was heading off to college, I would have thought something was seriously wrong.

Hey, hopefully there are some games along the way THIS season, that will be worth having him come home from school to go with the old man.

Yeah I didn't mean to make it sound that way.  When I reread it I was like oh man.  No I am not stepping down as Webmaster for JetNation or anything like that haha.

Enjoy it, Max!!

Also, you'll have to report back on whether the overall quality of his life seems to improve.  Perhaps we'll all follow suit. 

LOL.  That is funny.  He is going to be living across from the Jets complex in Florham Park.  But maybe he will find that not going to Jets games is a good thing.  We will find out soon enough!

Hope the game doesn't ruin the moment for you. Football camp is just starting Monday? Seems late, no?

They have a bye week one it seems.  Since they start later than everyone else it looks like they pushed the start of camp back a week.

For a little while anyhow...

Many of you met my son at tailgates and Jets events along the way. He started going to games with me when he was 7, and only missed two games along the way. When he was in 5th grade he had basketball games on Sunday. When he was in 6th grade he said Dad I am not playing basketball anymore because it conflicts with the Jets.

Well time goes by and he goes to college and will report for football camp on Monday. I am not sure what his schedule is yet on the weekends (they play Friday or Saturday) but this could be his last Jets game for now.

Going to get there early today. Sit back. Relax. And enjoy a tailgate as we break down the NY Jets roster like we always do. :)

Enjoy!!

I have a 5 and 10 year old I want to bring to some games this year? Is there anything you can recommend to make sure everything goes smooth?

Don't go too early kids get bored tailgating only so much football toss keeps them occupied and did I mention bring plenty of cash for concessions and souvenirs.

I have a 5 and 10 year old I want to bring to some games this year? Is there anything you can recommend to make sure everything goes smooth?

I started taking him young.  I said there are a few rules (this was an actual conversation that we had):

1.  We eat before the game, eat as much as you want at the tailgate, but we once the game starts we are not going to the concession stands.

2.  Go to the bathroom on the way in and if needed at halftime.  We are not getting up during the game to go to the bathroom.

3.  You will see and hear a bunch of things during the game, we are going to call them life lessons.  At no point does any of that get shared with Mom.

:)

I think he turned out okay, lol.

I started taking him young.  I said there are a few rules (this was an actual conversation that we had):

1.  We eat before the game, eat as much as you want at the tailgate, but we once the game starts we are not going to the concession stands.

2.  Go to the bathroom on the way in and if needed at halftime.  We are not getting up during the game to go to the bathroom.

3.  You will see and hear a bunch of things during the game, we are going to call them life lessons.  At no point does any of that get shared with Mom.

:)

I think he turned out okay, lol.

LMAO!

Archived