Matt Simms was 5/5, averaged 14.5 yds per pass!!!!!!

DivaMarky

Yet not ONE media outlet even as much as acknowledged that!

Why?????..... Because Lil Marky is our gift for the heavens!!!!....... He's the greatest!!!!...... Yeeee-Haw!!!

and did anyone notice that when Lil Marky got picked off, that he NEVER looked off, NOT EVEN ONCE?????

Hey, did Rex say "uhhhh duh, I missed that play, I wasn't even looking"??????

My cousin played with Simms at Bosco, so I got to see him play quite a bit there in high school. I was not a big fan because I felt Bosco changed who they were to accomodate Simms, and he seemed to be a bit of a diva. The style change cost my cousin a State Championship the year they lost to Cushing and BC, s they went from being a smashmouth offense to "run and gun", up tempo spread based Simms freshman year.

But I have to admit, I was really impressed with him last night ... there seemed to be alot of things different about him, even from college.

He always had a big arm but he never had the quick release he had last night ... always had kind of a long throwing motion. 

He's always been a bit of a "head case", but made some good decisions with the ball last night and seemed to scan the field well.

I know it's only 1 quarter of 1 preseason game, but I'd like to see some more of him before they decide to cut him. He may have the best arm on the team.

I was impressed.  I'd keep him just for the arm talent.  

mcelsack got his chance, muffed it

if simms turns into a legit back up QB it saves the team from investing in fining one.  I thought he made good decisions as well

He has a lot of the same qualities his father does. He looks like he could be tentative in making decisions at times. Phil had the same problem when he was younger, once he straightened it out he became one of the most accurate passers in the league. He looked really good last night. I hope he sticks.

Yet not ONE media outlet even as much as acknowledged that!

Why?????..... Because Lil Marky is our gift for the heavens!!!!....... He's the greatest!!!!...... Yeeee-Haw!!!

and did anyone notice that when Lil Marky got picked off, that he NEVER looked off, NOT EVEN ONCE?????

Hey, did Rex say "uhhhh duh, I missed that play, I wasn't even looking"??????

With accuracy (actually lack thereof) like Mark's, it wouldn't matter how many times he looked off.  That pick was thrown right to the defender.  The receiver had no chance at the ball.  I think if he had lofted the ball over the receiver's head and led him a little, the ball could have been completed.  Better yet, that ball never should have been thrown.  The receiver was double covered.

his release is kinda slow (too much time between deciding to throw and the ball to get out of there)

that being said he's got more upside than McElroy. Who not only sucks but can't keep his mouth shut.

Doesn't matter.. yet. The velocity he shows is incredible. He made everyone else on our roster look downright amateurish. 

his release is kinda slow (too much time between deciding to throw and the ball to get out of there)

that being said he's got more upside than McElroy. Who not only sucks but can't keep his mouth shut.

I'm talking about his physical mechanics ... once he decides to throw, the ball is out like a dart and he has such arm strength that it gets on the receivers in a hurry.

Sure, the decision to throw may not be as quick right now, but that comes more with time and experience.

Like I said, I was pretty impressed with him last night and I was not a big fan of his in both high school and college.

I'd like to see a little more of him over the next 2 weeks.

I'm talking about his physical mechanics ... once he decides to throw, the ball is out like a dart and he has such arm strength that it gets on the receivers in a hurry.

Sure, the decision to throw may not be as quick right now, but that comes more with time and experience.

Like I said, I was pretty impressed with him last night and I was not a big fan of his in both high school and college.

I'd like to see a little more of him over the next 2 weeks.

He looked a lot more polished than anyone expected him to. I think we could work with his skills. 

I definitely want to see more of Matt Simms, kids got a rocket arm. 

I wouldn't hold my breath for it this week, as you know Geno is going to get at least a full half and Sanchez plenty of time after that, so at most he'd get a little mop-up duty at the very, very end.  Next week vs Philly he'll probably play a ton though, barring the Jets deciding to actually let Mark and Geno fight it out into that game, which I can't imagine happening especially given Philly's penchant to bench half their roster against the Jets in this game every year.

I never know how to take these things.  This QB coach has a good rep.  Maybe he will be able to work and make something of him.  

FWIW,  I think they will carry all 4 or at least expect to have them all available.  McElroy is not a high level prospect and I can't see many teams looking to jump on him if he is one of the final cuts.  That should give them time to further evaluate.  They have carried more than 3 QBs a good number of times, under Tannenbaum, but I don't know about Idzik.

I never know how to take these things.  This QB coach has a good rep.  Maybe he will be able to work and make something of him.  

FWIW,  I think they will carry all 4 or at least expect to have them all available.  McElroy is not a high level prospect and I can't see many teams looking to jump on him if he is one of the final cuts.  That should give them time to further evaluate.  They have carried more than 3 QBs a good number of times, under Tannenbaum, but I don't know about Idzik.

While I doubt there'd be much, if any, interest, I wouldn't be shocked to see Idzik shop McElroy around and see if he can scrape up a late rounder in return for him and give Simms the #3 job.  McElroy certainly doesn't have much upside but could be a respectable full-time backup, so the only reason I could see them keeping around is if they think he has a chance to be a suitable #2 to Geno next year.

Who do you think is more likely to get scooped up by a team looking for a different 3rd-string QB, McElroy or Simms?  Simms also could be stashed on the practice squad if no one else is terribly interested.  I think he stands a good chance of having no one interested in an undrafted QB whose NFL resume so far is 5 pre-season passes.

Regardless of where they stand now, I think the "winner" of the 4th game between those 2 gets to hang around and the other is released.  If the winner is McElroy, though, I do think they'll make the attempt to PS him.

Who do you think is more likely to get scooped up by a team looking for a different 3rd-string QB, McElroy or Simms?  Simms also could be stashed on the practice squad if no one else is terribly interested.  I think he stands a good chance of having no one interested in an undrafted QB whose NFL resume so far is 5 pre-season passes.

Regardless of where they stand now, I think the "winner" of the 4th game between those 2 gets to hang around and the other is released.  If the winner is McElroy, though, I do think they'll make the attempt to PS him.

Can they PS McElroy?  He's been active a lot and started games.  Not sure he is eligible.  

Just thinking out loud that if Simms really had such a big arm and seemed to be progressing teams would be more likely to take a shot as a flyer.  If McElroy is still dinged they'd be more likely able to stash him a week or two.

Can they PS McElroy?  He's been active a lot and started games.  Not sure he is eligible.  

Just thinking out loud that if Simms really had such a big arm and seemed to be progressing teams would be more likely to take a shot as a flyer.  If McElroy is still dinged they'd be more likely able to stash him a week or two.

I don't think they can.  Or in my post I was assuming we couldn't PS him.  I think it's how many games he's active, not how many games he's played.  And it's possible he was only active for that 1 game he started & Tebow/Brunell were the active backup QBs in all the other games since he's been here.

***edit:  I think he is eligible.  Just looked it up and "a year" means 6 games where he's on the active roster.  McElroy probably is under that number as he was always the #3 guy (except for a game or two) and the #3 guy is never active on gameday.

I don't think they can.  Or in my post I was assuming we couldn't PS him.  I think it's how many games he's active, not how many games he's played.  And it's possible he was only active for that 1 game he started & Tebow/Brunell were the active backup QBs in all the other games since he's been here.

***edit:  I think he is eligible.  Just looked it up and "a year" means 6 games where he's on the active roster.  McElroy probably is under that number as he was always the #3 guy (except for a game or two) and the #3 guy is never active on gameday.

Except when Bill Parcells is the HC.  Remember the game that Vinny went down?  Tupa was the #3 QB.  I forgot the weird rule, but he was able to play because he was active as the punter, whereas the backup/#2 QB (Mirer?) couldn't come into the game until the 4th Qtr. or something odd like that.

Except when Bill Parcells is the HC.  Remember the game that Vinny went down?  Tupa was the #3 QB.  I forgot the weird rule, but he was able to play because he was active as the punter, whereas the backup/#2 QB (Mirer?) couldn't come into the game until the 4th Qtr. or something odd like that.

The #3 guy that game was Mirer, not Tupa. That's why he couldn't put Mirer in. Once you put your #3 in you can no longer use your #2 guy (until the 4th Q or something). Well in our case that would have left us with no punter because Vinny went down in the 1st half I think.

Tuna did that so he'd have an extra roster spot for the game in instead of using up an active roster spot on a backup QB.

The #3 guy that game was Mirer, not Tupa. That's why he couldn't put Mirer in. Once you put your #3 in you can no longer use your #2 guy (until the 4th Q or something). Well in our case that would have left us with no punter because Vinny went down in the 1st half I think.

Tuna did that so he'd have an extra roster spot for the game in instead of using up an active roster spot on a backup QB.

I think his point was that Mirer <gag> was the #2 QB, but designated #3 to save the roster spot.  They couldn't put him in or he'd have to punt.  And they had to punt a lot with that bum. 

Archived