Cimini Prediction Jets 6-10

flgreen

Not arguing with you Klecko, but you don't have to get the top players, just guys that aren't active users of Medi Care

With the Jets budget, who was out there you would have signed?

Not to mention, because of the way the Jets have been portrayed in the media, guys may not have wanted to even talk to them, much less sign. 

It really isn't as easy as "you have this much money, now go sign all of the best players available."

Moss turned out to be a stud for the Skins and Jordan..well Herm was a moron.

As far as the 9 defensive players...what percentage of those picks were in rounds 1 and 2? And I said this lack of star caliber players on offense predates Rex.

Agreed.  I was just dropping some facts.  He's only drafted 1 offensive player in the first round, Sanchez.  He's only had 3 2nd round picks, all 3 have been used on offense.

Take a look at the 2012 draft, and with all your amazing powers of hindsight, please tell us which dynamic offensive playmaker you would've taken over Quinton Coples.

Mayock was reporting that some teams had Coples ranked as undraftable. The pick could have easily been spent elsewhere.

5 - 6 wins seems about right.

Jax or Oakland are looking at the 1st overall pick in Draft 2014 and both need QBs. Bridgewater and Manziel gone by the 3rd pick. The Jets need to draft another QB in the 1st round because Geno will leave as many questions as answers after this season.

Mayock was reporting that some teams had Coples ranked as undraftable. The pick could have easily been spent elsewhere.

Yeah, he's looked terrible so far. That Mayock, boyeyetellya...

Mexi wanted to use the pick on a WR or TE to stretch the field instead. Pretty tough to find that guy, even in hindsight.

With the Jets budget, who was out there you would have signed?

Not to mention, because of the way the Jets have been portrayed in the media, guys may not have wanted to even talk to them, much less sign. 

It really isn't as easy as "you have this much money, now go sign all of the best players available."

Your right, and BG made a good point about the money wasn't cleared up until the first wave of FA's was signed.  I would have to go back and examine who was available as each bit of money was made available.

I'm way to lazy to do that, so I'll concede the point

And clearly Mayock was spot on.  Lord knows Seattle rather have Greg Scruggs and J.R. Sweezy over Coples.  Definitely see them sitting in the board room come 7th round fully picking those guys over Coples. 

Yeah, he's looked terrible so far. That Mayock, boyeyetellya...

At best, Coples is an enigma right now. The one guy in the organization that loves him kept him on the bench for most of last season, and it took twelve seconds after Sheldon Richardson was drafted for the team to bump Coples off the DL altogether. The six sacks were encouraging, but it appears that there's more going on with Coples than we're hearing about.

Mexi wanted to use the pick on a WR or TE to stretch the field instead. Pretty tough to find that guy, even in hindsight.

Gotcha. 2012 was a bad year for skill players overall.

And clearly Mayock was spot on. Lord knows Seattle rather have Greg Scruggs and J.R. Sweezy over Coples. Definitely see them sitting the board room come 7th round fully picking those guys over Coples.

Obviously, Coples is more talented than most players drafted last year. If it's true that teams took him off their boards, it was because of character questions. Point being, how far would Coples have fallen if the Jets didn't draft him?

Take a look at the 2012 draft, and with all your amazing powers of hindsight, please tell us which dynamic offensive playmaker you would've taken over Quinton Coples.

In hindsight, Kendall Wright would fit MM offense perfectly, just saying.  In all reality the Jets needed to trade back last year at that pick, and in all reality they tried very hard, but just could not get someone to bite, and their hand was forced to make a decision to take a player, and it probably went with Tanny going with about 45 seconds on the clock going "well looks like a no go on the trade front, **** it Rex loves this Coples kid send the card in"

Obviously, Coples is more talented than most players drafted last year. If it's true that teams took him off their boards, it was because of character questions. Point being, how far would Coples have fallen if the Jets didn't draft him?

With the run of DE type players that went R1 last year, I dont think he'd have fallen out of the first.  He was a top 5-10 pick from a talent perspective, I think someone would have taken a chance in the first despite his character issues.  Bruce Irvin had off field problems too, didnt stop Seattle

But who knows?  Impossible to tell.  I'm sure in retrospect, if Coples had fallen, San Fran would have preferred him over AJ Jenkins. 

LOL.  Yeah, if only any given sunday happened every week.

I fuzzily remember the last time we played the AFC-North (so, 2010) when we played against a Steelers team absent Troy Palomalu, and that same season we played NE without Wes Welker, and there just seemed to be an injury break (in our favor) involving blue-chip pieces of our opposition.  Freak accidents happen.  

If the stars align just right....Any.Given.Sunday. or in our case, EVERY Given Sunday...this can be a playoff caliber team. 

I think the Jets finish 4-12 the record they haven't finished with since 2007. This team has no talent offensively. The Defense can't do all the work. See Ya Rex. There probably will be a new Head coach after this season hopefully Bill Cowher or someone else of that elite coaching ability.

Archived