Reasons to be PISSED!

Integrity28

"9. No pass rush, again - how is it that we've invested all of our top draft picks on the DL to be able to get to the QB without blitzing constantly, and we still can't even get knock-downs on Brady?"

When Garrett McIntyre rather one of the wonderful vaunted highly drafted guys gets the only sack, don't want to hear any more of this "defensive genius" crap about Wrecks. Bad enough we have no O skill guys, the DL guys we drafted instead are nothing special.

How do you know that? Very interesting if true.

Hayden had a private workout the day before the draft in Florham Park. Flew him in moments notice, Rex ran him through every drill and fell in love with the kid.

Stood next to Cromartie at the draft, he was shaking his head when they took Milliner. His exact words were Rex wanted Hayden. I dont think the Jets or Idzik expected Milliner to fall to 9 and we obviously know who had final say in the war room.

Look guys, there are a myriad of reasons the Jets lost to NE, but number one is Rex Ryan's inability to make a 'coaching decision' and sit Gates the f-down after his THIRD drop of the night. Gates cost the Jets 10 points last night and yet he was out there series after series and I have no doubt he will be out there again NEXT week also. Rex is a good enough HC to LOSE with and nothing more. AFC championship games - LOST. Jets went into week 8 last year at 3-4 needing a win over Miami to even their record. Rex called it 'the biggest game of the season' and how did his 'young men' respond? 30-9 Fins. 'Nuff freakin said.

Look guys, there are a myriad of reasons the Jets lost to NE, but number one is Rex Ryan's inability to make a 'coaching decision' and sit Gates the f-down after his THIRD drop of the night. Gates cost the Jets 10 points last night and yet he was out there series after series and I have no doubt he will be out there again NEXT week also. Rex is a good enough HC to LOSE with and nothing more. AFC championship games - LOST. Jets went into week 8 last year at 3-4 needing a win over Miami to even their record. Rex called it 'the biggest game of the season' and how did his 'young men' respond? 30-9 Fins. 'Nuff freakin said.

This I can totally agree with and it is IMO...by far, still Rex's biggest weakness as a HC. Sit that ****kng POS down on the bench with super glue. He still has issues holding players accountable IMO.

Hayden had a private workout the day before the draft in Florham Park. Flew him in moments notice, Rex ran him through every drill and fell in love with the kid.

Stood next to Cromartie at the draft, he was shaking his head when they took Milliner. His exact words were Rex wanted Hayden. I dont think the Jets or Idzik expected Milliner to fall to 9 and we obviously know who had final say in the war room.

I like Hayden but you can't exactly blame Idzik for that one. 95% of people that tear the vena cava die. Read the below, great story

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/10/raiders-colts-dj-hayden/

Look guys, there are a myriad of reasons the Jets lost to NE, but number one is Rex Ryan's inability to make a 'coaching decision' and sit Gates the f-down after his THIRD drop of the night. Gates cost the Jets 10 points last night and yet he was out there series after series and I have no doubt he will be out there again NEXT week also. Rex is a good enough HC to LOSE with and nothing more. AFC championship games - LOST. Jets went into week 8 last year at 3-4 needing a win over Miami to even their record. Rex called it 'the biggest game of the season' and how did his 'young men' respond? 30-9 Fins. 'Nuff freakin said.

+1

These are the games you HAVE TO WIN. Bottom effing line.

Yeah, cause it's easy stopping a four yard route when you're a safety.

Here let me draw a picture for you and explain what I am trying to say here. Edelman didn't see double digit balls last night because he was supposed to tear it up. He saw double digit balls last night because it was his job to pull the backfield into the box and take away the safety cover. He did a tremendous job doing it. Do you get it now?

Here let me draw a picture for you and explain what I am trying to say here. Edelman didn't see double digit balls last night because he was supposed to tear it up. He saw double digit balls last night because it was his job to pull the backfield into the box and take away the safety cover. He did a tremendous job doing it. Do you get it now?

Oh, I see, his 13 catches were a decoy. Thanks for explaining that, genius.

So, this is the Jets fault and something unique to them, the way they played it, right?

I wasn't really watching, but do safeties play the run at all? Is that something safeties do?

i dont know how pissed we all get to be after a game they were 12.5 point road dogs and lost by 3.

It is because the game was there to be had by our "worst in the league" jets.  We had the game.  All we needed to do was drive for a TD in any of the many drives we had in the 2nd half of the game.  And by "drive" I mean put together consecutive positive plays and get into the end zone.  We did not have to go hurry up and attempt pass our way down the field.  Just had to maul like we had been doing at +4 yrds per attempt and mix in some passes along the way when they stacked the box.  To be honest, I dont even know if they werent already stacking the box when we were gashing them with the run.  i will have to look at the dvr and see.

"9. No pass rush, again - how is it that we've invested all of our top draft picks on the DL to be able to get to the QB without blitzing constantly, and we still can't even get knock-downs on Brady?"

When Garrett McIntyre rather one of the wonderful vaunted highly drafted guys gets the only sack, don't want to hear any more of this "defensive genius" crap about Wrecks. Bad enough we have no O skill guys, the DL guys we drafted instead are nothing special.

It doesn't matter how you do it; if you prevent the other team from scoring points, you have a great defense.  Rex has done that his entire tenure here.  While the rest of the league is setting yardage and points records every week it seems, Rex puts us in a position to win nearly every game with the defense.  Knock him for his lack of offensive knowledge, but he is INDEED a defensive genius whether you like him or not.  There's at most 2-3 teams in the NFL that wouldn't fire their defensive coordinator immediately if they could get Rex. 

Sure, it would be great if we got a lot of sacks but that's never been how the D has functioned under Rex.  We get sacks from weird players.  Who cares?  Again, all that matters is preventing the other team from scoring. 

And how can you watch Muhammad Wilkerson and Shelden Richardson thus far in their careers and determine they are "nothing special"?  That statement makes me question whether you know ANYTHING about what you're talking about.

i dont know how pissed we all get to be after a game they were 12.5 point road dogs and lost by 3.

You can be proud at the team's effort while still being pissed that we lost.  As low as our expectations were this season, you still want to win when the opportunity presents itself.  It's in our nature as fans.

1. Rex wastes challenges, always

2. Hill holds onto that ball and we score at least 3 on that drive putting the game at 6 - 3 or 10 - 3 in our favor - that fumble decided the game

3. Geno holds the ball too long - fixable - part rookie problem and part WRs not getting open

4. Edelman fumbled - that was one of the most bullsh*t calls I've ever seen

5. Mayock

6. Rex and the offense waste timeouts too

7. Our WRs have no hands, and don't run their routes - the INT in week one was thrown to a spot, the RB pulled up short - the 2nd INT last night also thrown to a spot, the WR didn't run his route - I blame Geno as much as I blame the WRs for those 2 INTs, the 1st INT last night was all Geno throwing behind his WR (which he did a lot)

8. No punt returner? Really? Best return was on the last punt where it bounced 7 yards in our favor, longer than any Wilson return all night

9. No pass rush, again - how is it that we've invested all of our top draft picks on the DL to be able to get to the QB without blitzing constantly, and we still can't even get knock-downs on Brady?

10. Another OC that doesn't go with what's working, hooray 

Reasons not to be:

1. Geno, cool like a young Flacco - his mistakes are fixable, let's hope the coaching staff doesn't red-yellow-green him and get his head so scrambled up that they ruin him like they did Sanchez after he started making normal rookie mistakes

2. O-line blocked well in the run game, pass protection was average

3. Ivory will make his doubters look dumb, he's still getting in shape - remember he missed the pre-season

4. At least we weren't blown out?

5. I couldn't come up with a 5th one, I don't even know why I started this thread tbh ... should have just started my day like last night didn't happen, way less aggravating

Very good thread! If I were to add a number 5. to the "Reasons not to be:" I would have to say the genius of not putting Wilson back to wave his hand over his head when there's 15 yards between him and the punt defenders was utterly brilliant! There was no way he F that play up!

It doesn't matter how you do it; if you prevent the other team from scoring points, you have a great defense.  Rex has done that his entire tenure here.  While the rest of the league is setting yardage and points records every week it seems, Rex puts us in a position to win nearly every game with the defense.  Knock him for his lack of offensive knowledge, but he is INDEED a defensive genius whether you like him or not.  There's at most 2-3 teams in the NFL that wouldn't fire their defensive coordinator immediately if they could get Rex. 

Sure, it would be great if we got a lot of sacks but that's never been how the D has functioned under Rex.  We get sacks from weird players.  Who cares?  Again, all that matters is preventing the other team from scoring. 

And how can you watch Muhammad Wilkerson and Shelden Richardson thus far in their careers and determine they are "nothing special"?  That statement makes me question whether you know ANYTHING about what you're talking about.

Drafting, free agency and the cap are zero sum games. Whatever you spend one place prevents you form spending  it on another part of your team. We have tied up on defense upfront a lot of assets at the expense of offensive skill positions. Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples, Wilson,Milliner, Ellis-we needed all that instead of a possibly 1 WR or a decent bacK or TE? C'mon.  And if Wrecks is such a  brilliant defensive coach why does he need to spend the lions' share of the team's resoruces in his area of supposed expertise?

If we spent this much upfront, we should have a non-blitz pass rush, period. That we don't(and make no mistake  we don't)  is an indictment of Wrecks and the front office. Made worse by the fact the offense is so talent deficent.

Drafting, free agency and the cap are zero sum games. Whatever you spend one place prevents you form spending  it on another part of your team. We have tied up on defense upfront a lot of assets at the expense of offensive skill positions. Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples, Wilson,Milliner, Ellis-we needed all that instead of a possibly 1 WR or a decent bacK or TE? C'mon.  And if Wrecks is such a  brilliant defensive coach why does he need to spend the lions' share of the team's resoruces in his area of supposed expertise?

If we spent this much upfront, we should have a non-blitz pass rush, period. That we don't(and make no mistake  we don't)  is an indictment of Wrecks and the front office. Made worse by the fact the offense is so talent deficent.

We're about to have 10 or 11 draft picks and $50 million cap space.  We unloaded Revis, supposedly one of the top 5 defensive players in the game, and haven't really lost a beat.  Tell me, where are we over-investing?

Archived